Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Ew + Va Build. Chroma's Cold Fail.

Pacheon

Hello there everybody!

This is just a positive feedback to the Warframe "CHROMA".

I really do enjoy this frame. People may say "IT IZ TOOOH OP DUDE!" - could be true, but everything has its opposites.

Balancing with Strength, pushing up Duration, but suffering Efficiency!

I am currently doing a max run with my lovely dragon. Not entirely up for max mods and every necessary/planned mod on it, but it still does its job, and that one is a great one, indeed!

Current build:

(Not changed since Draco, screenshots more below)

HTVkD4N.jpg

As you can see, I am currently not using every single dmg mod, due to lack of polarity and mod capacity, obviously.

But as for the current effect, the current armor is with a maxed steel fibericus: 735.

The strength mods (Blind Rage 99%) grants me, whilest under the effect of Vex Armor, a total bonus of Scorn by 658% and increasing the stock 735 armor points by far more than required. It is indeed a great tank, and possible, what am I talking about? It is the best tank, yes, that means Valkyr will be rated down to the second place, because:

You are able to use your whole weaponry!

Which gets me on my second point: The Fury buff!

I am currently reaching 4.48x, whilest being a Boltor Prime user (might be better while using Paris Prime :P maybe next time), the current state of buff is horrible ... for the enemy faction!

You are able to hit up to 41k damage with each single bullet whilest under the buff of Fury by 4.48x!

pFszeBF.jpg
S8eZeI6.jpg

While I am, or I might, going for at least 1 or all damage mods, the total amount of multiplication should reach a Scorn by 994% and a Fury by 7.81x.

Imagine, you are almost invurnable, causing immense damage against all factions, while using QT+R*.

You might consider using Energy Pads and might having a trinity with you, or simply gathering up your energy pool and using primed flow (which I missed to purchase).

I can recommend that this frame is as noob friendly as being a great high end frame, if modded properly and used properly! You are almost invurnable, means, you can still wreck yourself, or being "rekt" by %enemy%.

About the elements. I do prefer Fire. Why fire? Isn't it obvious? Doesn't it suck? No. I am currently gaining 400 HP on each buff, and even there is a long duration on it, it is still useful, since the proc will mostly cause the "Ignite" debuff and will stop enemies shooting at you. The range isn't that important for me. Close range targets are more dangerous than ranged, imo.

By calling for elements, using Cold is the most terrible way being dead anyway. While using cold, buffing yourself with Elemental Ward - you are already engraving your name to a R.I.P.-Tomb. You will have increased armor, fine, but your QT+R* combo will totally fall off the system and usability, because you will reflect the whole incoming bullets without any profit (you will still get immense damage!), ergo, you won't reach the "2 HP" zone, because your energy won't be drained at all.

* = Quick Thinking + Rage combination.

What do you think about CHROMA?

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Epic win?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Fine?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ meh?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Bad?

┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻ The worst?

Post your explanation and impressions down here! 

Cut the thread's point. Chroma has been nerfed to its death sate.

Amprex with 505% Fury, with each burst, round about = 70k - 101k crits.

Now, after the 16.1.5 "Hotfix", same build, same Fury value = barely hitting 14k.

That is awkward, DE. Really.

Edited by Pacheon

Spectral Scream is terrible. It's just waste of energy. Effigy is bad too.

Elemental ward and Vex armor are good, but Spectral Scream needs a buff, either a LOT more damage or it doesn't hinder you in any way. Effigy needs to do a lot more knocking down and cost a little less (maybe 7.5/second).

Frankly you can get away with blind rage as long as use only your 2nd and 3rd skill, effigy is a huge energy hog i tend to avoid using it unless i need stun badly.

My problem with Chroma is that while he is amazing solo character the range starts off pretty lackluster and with mods nearly reaches zero.

I have had no opportunity trying the augmentation mod for the Spectral Scream, but I assume, that isn't fixing the damage nor "ranking up its value" eitherway, right?

I am not using it, as already mentioned, waste of energy, almost no effect (damage vise and debuff vise).

My Chroma is still baking but I wanted to say that Trinity is still the best tank in game.

I see trinity more as a buffer, than a tank. But that is just my opinion.

Alike people arguing about loki vs. ash, ash vs. mesa, rhino vs every frame *cough*, and so on.

Spectral Scream is terrible. It's just waste of energy. Effigy is bad too.

Elemental ward and Vex armor are good, but Spectral Scream needs a buff, either a LOT more damage or it doesn't hinder you in any way. Effigy needs to do a lot more knocking down and cost a little less (maybe 7.5/second).

Not true. Effigy is a brilliant tunnel killing machine. Use the Cold element and you can utterly control the battlefield, with Effigy stunning and slowing enemies, and doing increased damage, as well as you running around with increased armour and damage murdering everything.

There are too many ways to build chroma so dismissing one variety isn't recommended.

Example: I love Ice chroma. I pump power strength and duration as high as i can possibly go, throw in a max steel fiber and a filler mod of my choosing i can tank level 90 gunner bullets easily with the help of elemental ward and Hex armour

as proof, some evidence using Simulacrum i just did for this thread

56KQg4b.jpg

3 level 90 Corrupted heavy gunner eximus firing at me

I perform 2 full dances infront them as i ate their bullets, i survived the full duration of hex and ward as elemental ward  was both staggering them and procing the Ice status effect slowing down their fire rate.

What you might think Ice was the main MVP here not ward as it reflected their bullets allowing me to survive for longer. In a real game i could've easily used the fury boost to go up and melee them or use paris prime.