Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor Applied To Quick Thinking [Help]

xlraistlx

Question

Hi guys I am asking for someone to help me understand how does Quick Thinking and the current warfarme armor value works.

The wiki sates this:

Energy lost via Quick Thinking utilizes the armor value of your warframe. The efficiency value will act as an additional damage reduction with the values listed below.
And then it lists three tables, and these are the ones I'm having trouble understanding.
F9qWADU.png
OH1zPCS.png
tvFt80Z.png

Now, taking Excalibur rank 30 as an example and for the sake of an easier understanding we do not take in account shields, he will have the next stats when unmodded:

Armor: 65
Health Points (HP): 300
Energy: 150

The 65 armor value grants a damage reduction of 18% by the formula
Damage reduction = 100-(1/(1+(armor/300))

The Effective health (eHP) of that armor value and HP is 365, given by the formula:
eHP = HP*(1+(armor/300))

Now, let's add just a Quick Thinking on that Excalibur.

[size=5]What would be the eHP and what is the math behind it?[/size]

8 answers to this question

It most probably means that when you have an armor value of 65 and a damage reduction of around 18 %, then the new value for quick thinking efficiency will be >

2.4 X 1.18 = 2.832 

meaning you get 283 HP for 100 energy, instead of just 240.

The table tells you that 150 energy converts to 360 health so you don't even have to use that 240% efficiency factor. You apply your ehp formula to it and get 438 ehp. There you have it, 150 energy equals 438 ehp. Add that to your normal ehp if you want to.

Am i missing something here? You can't possibly have asked us to do this simple calculation for you...

The table tells you that 150 energy converts to 360 health so you don't even have to use that 240% efficiency factor. You apply your ehp formula to it and get 438 ehp. There you have it, 150 energy equals 438 ehp. Add that to your normal ehp if you want to.

Am i missing something here? You can't possibly have asked us to do this simple calculation for you...

I don't know what calculation you have done, but that chart shows 100 energy = 240 HP, 150 energy = 360 HP, which means that ONLY using a MAXED quick thinking and having 240 % efficiency will  you be able to get those numbers.

Also, QT starts working after you have lost all your HP down to 2.

So, the effective health before QT activates would be >

= 300 * (1 + (65/300))

= 365

and the effective HP after reahcing down to 2 would be  (considering 100 energy in the bar, and 18 % dmg reduction from armor)

= 2.4 * (1 + (65/300)) * 100

= 292 HP

Making total effective HP at the beginning = 365 + 292 = 657 HP

If you have 500 energy then total effective HP would be = 365 + (292 x 5) = 365 + 1460 = 1825 HP

Edited by Sci_Ant

ok.. i am lost. i could be wrong, but I thought QT has nothing to do with armor, just absolute hp values?

Even I thought so, but apparently it says otherwise on the wiki. Although if you do the calculations it seems to work out correctly and the buff to QT is not overpowered because of the armor, so the wiki may be right. 

Even I thought so, but apparently it says otherwise on the wiki. Although if you do the calculations it seems to work out correctly and the buff to QT is not overpowered because of the armor, so the wiki may be right. 

Wow. Never knew this. Either I totally misunderstood it from beginning, or QT was probably changed at some point which I did not notice.

Thanks to OP for raising the awareness and posters for clarification!

Actually Dunkingmachine got this right already. I was not understanding where the values came from, but I already understood.

The calculations are actually pretty easy.

To get the eHP Quick Thinking is giving you you need to multiply the energy value for 2.4, this giving you a health value, then appliying the formula for eHP to it and adding it to the eHP value originated by just the HP you'll get the total eHP.

--

Taking the example given in OP.

Excal will have eHP=365 with out Quick Thinking.

Adding it will cause the next:

The health value of the energy will be 360, by the formula

Energy to HP = Energy*2.4

Then that will give 438 eHP by the formula

eHP = HP*(1+(armor/300))

Then we would just need to add them together for the total eHP.

365 + 438 = 803

We could even add the shield points at the end due to them not being affected by armor points.