Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get A Fix For All The Textures? (Image Heavy)

Draciusen

This is really getting out of hand. I know there's no way you guys in the art department at DE are purposely making these extremely low-res textures, right?

Look at Loki Prime (Immortal Skin), look at how clean and straight those edges are. Hnngh. Look at the disgusting pixelation on the Targis Prime, ugly right?

c0ee82ed1707374b59474bae2312c807.png

Now for the Pyra Prime, same awful pixelation. I'm not even going to mention the Panthera.

3eba93749a7c385f2c02ac09bc65b3ff.png

And the most recent addition to Warframe, and the worst offender: Chroma

946849a6c766ca1a83d97b54b1aac889.png2280d555a2346d462b0ec20d788b9852.pngb5cc0d62b5d2aa408cdbb92f68d67bda.png

Good news is if you zoom in really close the Targis Prime textures are high resolution. Why can't they be like this all the time?

b61cf87c15de3d76e8b43ecf3dde0b6a.png

JUST KIDDING (Only seems to look right on Chroma so far)

And let's talk about those grey edges on the Targis Prime metal while we're at it too on Mirage: 91c58fa1e605ba8f8b3691e4915c31a8.png

The same cannot be said for the Panthera however.

53055adb96bcf79c3cff92a643992610.png

I don't know precisely what is going on in here, but it really detracts from the usually gorgeous visuals in Warframe. I'm not sure if it occurs in missions, but I haven't noticed it mostly due to the high octane flipping ninja combat. On the Liset however, I'm just schmoozing around and customizing my frames, and it's incredibly noticeable.

For Chroma, the skin rendering on around his back neck completely blurred out, very low quality, just like on Rhino's. It may have been that low quality rendering on many frame's necks as well.

Edited by ndantony

Update on the Targis Prime texture issues, it seems to occur more often on light colors for Tint 3. It looks a less pixelated on my Loki Prime's because of that (black on white), and almost none on my Chroma's (dark red on black) as well. When it gets to Mirage though, it's extremely noticeable (white on black).

As I understand it, this is an issue with how high-quality the game decides to render things. Modern games use mipmaps, lower-quality versions of textures, on objects that are too far away for the detailed ones to be noticeable. It's a performance thing. So if the game decides that the object in question doesn't need max quality textures, well, Odonata Prime.

Hence, getting the camera in really close to some stuff can make the game render the correct version of the textures.

So, in short, this sort of thing should be fixable without any fuss or fanfare, and I don't know why it hasn't been fixed yet.

There are a bunch of LoD issues and broken texture loading.

Here is Odonata Prime:

In liset:

5q9.gif

In mission:

5qb.png

Ah man, I feel ya. I just got my odonata prime and tried in vain to color it so the blurred textures wouldn't show. Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon since volt prime just got his blurry textures patched up.

Ah man, I feel ya. I just got my odonata prime and tried in vain to color it so the blurred textures wouldn't show. Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon since volt prime just got his blurry textures patched up.

The difference is that VP was bad ingame too, while OdP is totally fine ingame (just like most of the other items).

Volt Prime literally had a 128x128 head texture. Most frames have either 1024x1024 or 1024x2048 head textures. Most of these issues seem to be LoD issues on the Liset.

The difference is that VP was bad ingame too, while OdP is totally fine ingame (just like most of the other items).

Volt Prime literally had a 128x128 head texture. Most frames have either 1024x1024 or 1024x2048 head textures. Most of these issues seem to be LoD issues on the Liset.

Ah. I don't have volt prime so I never got to see him, just saw the fix in the patch notes. Though it does seem really weird and almost random that his texture sheet was so small. 1024 is usually industry standard. Might have just been accidentally saved out at the wrong size.

Ah. I don't have volt prime so I never got to see him, just saw the fix in the patch notes. Though it does seem really weird and almost random that his texture sheet was so small. 1024 is usually industry standard. Might have just been accidentally saved out at the wrong size.

Yeah, I am pretty sure it was just an issue of the wrong texture being shipped (such as broken LoD settings only allowing the lowest LoD) or the texture loading was borked.