Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Brutal Memory Leak (?) - Stuttering/freezes Lasting Several Seconds And Then Continuing As If Nothing Happened

Aerensiniac

As far as we can tell, this is something that plagues the hosts only.
We have tested this in orokin survival multiple times and it seems that the host is getting more and more of these timeouts the longer you stay. Currently 30-40 minutes seems to be the mark where the chance of disconnects become increasedly high.

(Most of the time the game freezes for a few seconds and then continues, but the longer you stay, the longer the freezes become. After a while the game stops responding for a good 5+ seconds on which note the game will simply throw the host out with the error message: connection to host has been lost)

The issue might or might not be related to the amount of loot/drops generated since we are rolling with a 350% drop chance hydroid and a nekros on top, along with a greedy mag.
One way or another, this needs serious addressing because as it is (thanks to your faulty joke of a reconnection script) the host has absolutely no way to reconnect to the game.

If you time out as host, it means you have lost 40 minutes of survival with absolutely zero chance to recover anything from that run.
It makes just about anyone call out the names of the developer's parents....

'we'

you should probably provide more specific information, like system specifications of those encountering such an issue, so as to start building profiles of who it affects and why.

as well as what Video Driver versions are in use, Et Cetera.

providing technical information will make the process of fixing an issue a hundred times faster.

without any, Digital Extremes is left to guess. this means it could take years to identify and narrow down such an issue (randomly testing different possible combination of variables) let alone fix it.

'we'

The reason why i didnt provide technical details is because it seems to be unrelated to technical information. Its also exactly because of "we".

"We" are playing as a group of 3 friends, communicate through steam chat. When this issue surfaced for me (me being the host all the time) i requested the other two of my friends to host.

The exact same issue occurred for them then.

So providing technical details on all 3 of our computers seems like an utter moot point since the issue is obviously on DE's side. With the client screwing up something.

If it makes everyone feel better, the common things across all 3 machines are:

All 3 of us use windows 7 64x, play through steam, use steam voice chat, have intel processors.

And thats it. We have varying amounts of ram, different video cards, motherboards, setups, etc.

The only thing i can come up with as to why its happening, (as i said) is the amount of loot we generate. Other than that, i have no idea.

Im also fairly sure that this memory leak laggery started with one of the recent U16 patches/hotfixes.

Edited by Aerensiniac

So providing technical details on all 3 of our computers seems like an utter moot point since the issue is obviously on DE's side

without technical information, this cannot be verified. meaning the problem cannot be found.

meaning the problem cannot be fixed.

even information that seems irrelevant should be mentioned when attempting to solve problems.

relevancy is all in the eye of the beholder.

i.e. any information that can be provided that could even remotely be of use, is beneficial.

Edited by taiiat

without technical information, this cannot be verified. meaning the problem cannot be found.

meaning the problem cannot be fixed.

even information that seems irrelevant should be mentioned when attempting to solve problems.

relevancy is all in the eye of the beholder.

i.e. any information that can be provided that could even remotely be of use, is beneficial.

Dude, do you understand what it means for a problem to occur completely independent of hardware and software background?

Either you do or you dont. In the first case you understand that asking for hardware/software environment is pointless, in the second you dont and try to prove to random people that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

The issue persisted for all 3 of us, regardless of different machines.

This means that there is a high probability that the problem can be recreated on absolutely any machine and that it is probably an integral engine fault.

All technical information required to be aware and/or recreate the issue has been provided. Dot.

If the devs/mods read this forum at all and have questions, they can naturally ask.

I agree with Aerensiniac. Post U16, I get disconnected all the time mid-games. The probability of disconnecting is most on T4 survivals (The other modes surprisingly are not plagued by this issue). And I get disconnected even if I'm not a host.

BTW just asking, do you stop picking up loot and mods just before this disconnection happens?

Edited by Suvi29