Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help Optimizing.

Floross

Hello, 

I need help optimizing Warframe.

Currently I run MSI R7 260x 2GB @1175Mhz Core & 1600Mhz Memory

FX-8320 @ 4Ghz with Evo 212. Temps never go above 67C GPU or 55C CPU.

Cores are unparked ( running Win7 64bit SP1 ).

Dx10 and dx11 are disabled in launcher. In-game I have reflections off, weapon trail off, character shadows off, vsync off ( capping frames to 60 with Riva Tuner ( MSI Afterburner ) ) . Settings on Medium, but shadows on low.

However I continue to dip from 60 to 40-45 ( or worse ) fps in Void missions after I've progressed a minute or two into the mission. Gets especially worse the faster I parkour between rooms & the more players are in the game , if I'm hosting.

It clears up at times back to 60 only to drop to 40ish again. ( CPU never hits 100% usage, sitting at 80ish max according to Open Hardware Monitor )

What's bottlenecking ? Is there a clock setting I've messed up ?

Could use help to run at 60 fps at all times. Thank you.

P.S. I also get incredibly annoying mouse stutters ( my mouse "skips" and jolts hard instead of smoothing along the trajectory I move it )

Edited by Floross

Complaining about 40fps :')

Are there updates/virus scans occurring in the background?

Are you running anything else?

I can only really help with the software side, not so much the technical.

Try optimizing the game in the launcher, that's always my step 1

You are using msi afterburner, so use its osd to monitor gpu usage when fps drops happen. If you see low gpu usage while fps drops, it means you are limited by your cpu/ram. If you see 99% gpu usage while fps drops occur, it means you are gpu limited.

You are using msi afterburner, so use its osd to monitor gpu usage when fps drops happen. If you see low gpu usage while fps drops, it means you are limited by your cpu/ram. If you see 99% gpu usage while fps drops occur, it means you are gpu limited.

Did some testing and all I noticed when my fps dropped to 45 was my gpu usage was in the 0-50% range while my CPU1 ( out of 8 ) was hitting 88-90% usage while the other cores were at 20-40% max. Ideas ?

Issues mostly occur in derelict or void with a group of people as low as 2, when I'm hosting. Never when solo.

Edited by Floross

Did some testing and all I noticed when my fps dropped to 45 was my gpu usage was in the 0-50% range while my CPU1 ( out of 8 ) was hitting 88-90% usage while the other cores were at 20-40% max. Ideas ?

Issues mostly occur in derelict or void with a group of people as low as 2, when I'm hosting. Never when solo.

Make sure 'multi-threaded rending' is enabled in the launcher settings (not the in game display settings!).

Sounds like you may be bottlenecked by single core performance. Multi threaded rendering will balance out the workload across more cores allowing higher gpu usage.

Yes, its single core performance bottleneck. Multithreaded rendering should help, but warframe implementation isn't really good. One core is always used to the max while others when needed. But as Pythadragon said make sure you have enabled multithreaded rendering, even if its not the best one. If it is, all you can do is to overclock your cpu higher so you get better single core performance.

I have an all in one computer I have bad lag and play. I know my computer can handle this game I have tried everything to get a better game play from the lowest settings possible and still the same result. What do I need to do to fix this or get better game play my computer is a Lenovo with a 3ghz processor and 4 gb of ram what am I doing wrong?

Your max fps value of 60 implies to me that you have some form (or multiple forms!) of vsync turned on (or a frame limiter- doubt it unless you set one up intentionally)

Please try this quick diagnostic:

- Disable vsync in both AMD catalyst control center AND in Warframe display options and tell us your fps range again.

I noticed that on my nvidia system that having vsync enabled in nvidia control panel and in Warframe display options caused irregular fps issues. They are independent functions that did not play well together,

Edited by Pythadragon

I used to use a frame limiter with v-sync disabled. After they went through some fixes on DX11 I've switched to DX11 and v-sync without a frame limiter. I still get those odd fps drops to 35-40 in group missions when we're spread out and a lot of enemies reside in different rooms, but atleast the game looks prettier. I've acknowledged that there's no particular fix unless I'm running top end hardware, but I'm fine with my entry level for the time being.

P.S. My mouse skip issues were due to interference between my wi-fi and my wireless mouse. Using a usb extension cable to get the mouse wi-fi transceiver very close to the mouse resolved the issue.

Also, I'd rather not run Warframe w/o Vsync or a frame limiter ( up to 180fps in lobby ) because it's excessive and unneeded and just taxes my system.

Edited by Floross