Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Arcana: The Summoner (Wip)

(XBOX)TheLegend 64312

Essentially this idea is a very heavily ability-based Warframe. With the ability to summon familiars to fight for her, buff allies and debuff enemies, and lay down some AOE damage, Arcana can control the battlefield without ever entering the battle herself.

Stats:

Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shields: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Energy: 150 (225 at rank 30)

Armor: 60

Sprint speed: 1

Stamina: 100

Abilities:

1: Minion, 25 energy: Arcana summons a small, melee based familiar that will first attack the targeted enemy. Minions have 200/400/600/800 health and last until killed. Each attack does 75/100/125/150 slash damage at an attack speed of 1. Up to 5 minions can be active at once. Health affected by power duration. Damage affected by power strength, duration affected by power duration.

2: Medic, 50 energy: Arcana summons a flying familiar at the targeted ally and heal 2/3/4/5% health per second. The familiar has 100/200/300/400 health and lasts until killed. While active, medic will absorb 20/30/40/50% of incoming damage. Only one medic can be active at a time. Recasting medic will delete the older familiar and summon a new one. Health affected by power duration. Heal percent and damage absorbed affected by power strength.

3: Kamikaze, 75 energy: Arcana summons an explosive familiar much like the infested volatile runner with 200/250/300/350 health. It will run to wherever the reticle is pointing or on the ground below the reticle if it is pointing up. When it is at the target, the Kamikaze will explode dealing 200/300/400/500 blast damage to everything in a 2/3/4/5 meter radius. Cannot be recast. Health and damage affected by power strength, explosion radius affected by power range.

4: Golem, 100 energy: Arcana summons a massive familiar capable of bringing down even the toughest enemies. Golem has 800/1000/1200/1400 health with 250 armor and lasts until killed. Each of his basic attacks deal 200/250/300/350 impact damage. Every 10 seconds he will grab the nearest enemy and consume them, healing himself for 4/6/8/10% of his max health and releasing a healing burst with a radius of 4/6/8/10 meters and heal for 5/10/15/20% of the enemy's health. Only one golem can be summoned at a time. While golem is active, the ability cannot be recast. Health affected by power duration. Heals and damage are affected by power strength. Healing radius is affected by power range.

Alternate Abilities:

2/3: Spiker, 50/75 energy Arcana summons a needle covered familiar that will target one enemy at a time from a range of 15/20/25/30m and launch a needle dealing 100/150/200/250 puncture damage. Spiker has 400/500/600/700 health and lasts until killed. Only one spiker can be active at a time but can be refreshed. Spiker is completely stationary. Health and damage affected by power strength. Targeting range affected by power range.

2/3/4 Acolyte, 50/75/100 energy Arcana summons a familiar with 500/600/700/800 health that assists the team by enhancing the power of abilities. All abilities cast within a 4/6/8/10 diameter will cost 10% less energy an have an increased 20% power strength. Acolyte will last 7/8/9/10 seconds and cannot be recast. Diameter of bonus affected by power range. Health affected by power strength. Duration affected by power duration.

Familiar Mechanics:

All familiars are solid and cannot be shot through by allies or enemies. All familiars share the percent health UI mechanic of iron skin. AI of the minion is loosely based on that of the charger syndicate specter. AI of the medic is to stick to the target, not the unpredictability of the shield drones. AI of the kamikaze is to simply run to the target and explode. AI of the golem is similar to warframe specters in that it will stay close but out of the way.

Thanks to Karukiku, 4ever4gotin, and MrPigman for help on the abilities and mechanics. Suggestions are welcome. Updates, artwork and lore to come.

Edited by (XB1)TheLegend 64312
  • Like 1

-Abilities seem original, but also unoriginal.

-Stats don't really match up to OP abilities

-Basically you want to kill off all the CC Frame's we have and make one.

-1st is Nekros, 2nd is Oberon, 3rd is Nova, 4th is Chroma 

Her abilities all seem fetched off of other Frames, not saying that's bad but what brings true diversity to her? Right now we'd expect Frame's like Chroma with some fun twist to them. Now it's fine you may want a CC frame but this looks like it'll kill of every other, having equally good Stats and Abilities. Meh :/

(it's a good idea but it needs some bashing, not all Frame's can just be perfect.)

-Abilities seem original, but also unoriginal.

-Stats don't really match up to OP abilities

-Basically you want to kill off all the CC Frame's we have and make one.

-1st is Nekros, 2nd is Oberon, 3rd is Nova, 4th is Chroma 

Any chance you can expand this? Most abilities are based off of useful concepts. Like how fireball, soul punch and freeze all do the same general thing but are all useful. And she's not meant to be CC. Mostly heals while keeping high damage. The biggest part I don't get is that last comment. But I do agree that she needs lots of work. I just thought her up in between classes today.

Summoning seems to be one of the more popular themes for WF concepts now, well at least in the ones I've seen, Hek I was bout to make one.

Probably the only thing that bugs me about most Summon-types is the lack of control. Sure statistically and conceptual-wise they seem fairly fitting but the first thing that comes to my head is our current specter system (both tenno specters and syndicate specters) which is spotty at best.

Would you be able to recast familiars? Would it delete the last summon? Would you have multiple summons at once, whether the same or not? If so is there a limit? 

Would your summons have collision issues (for golem)? Would you be able to shoot through your summons (unlike nekros's SoD)? Will they wander off and do their own thing (once again like SoD)? Or would they constantly hug your broad-side A LA tenno specters? Course some of the AI is fixed use, like the volatile runner that would probably run towards a marked target.

Mechanically I'd like to see some more flesh, also personally I trade damage for CC-utility. Stuns, stagger, knock-down, rag-doll, and such.

Any chance you can expand this? Most abilities are based off of useful concepts. Like how fireball, soul punch and freeze all do the same general thing but are all useful. And she's not meant to be CC. Mostly heals while keeping high damage. The biggest part I don't get is that last comment. But I do agree that she needs lots of work. I just thought her up in between classes today.

Look at Vauban.

Her abilities don't grant her direct boosts but more of a chance at getting good CC and minor healing. Although it's obvious she has good stats to pair up with, by the first look at her abilities she seems focused on CC (Minions will provide the same chance as a Decoy/Nekros you didn't expand and say if these could be cast multiple times like Vauban) Her healing looks a lot like a gimmick than an actual good ability since you don't seem to have that much of an actual control over her familiars. I don't want to stir up more of an argument until your Frame is finished so take it with a grain of salt.

The idea does seem very good though.

-snip-

For the most part I was trying to stray away from cc with heals instead. However golem uses impact damage an kamikaze uses blast which both come with knockbacks and staggers. I'll go back later tonight and add a mechanics section. Thanks for the input. As for the AI issues with current "summons," I figured if they were to put this concept in game they would improve their current AI system before release.

Look at Vauban.

Her abilities don't grant her direct boosts but more of a chance at getting good CC and minor healing. Although it's obvious she has good stats to pair up with, by the first look at her abilities she seems focused on CC (Minions will provide the same chance as a Decoy/Nekros you didn't expand and say if these could be cast multiple times like Vauban) Her healing looks a lot like a gimmick than an actual good ability since you don't seem to have that much of an actual control over her familiars. I don't want to stir up more of an argument until your Frame is finished so take it with a grain of salt.

The idea does seem very good though.

All good. I see what you're getting at. I'll expand on abilities tonight as well

i like this! a few tweaks to make this a bit better though!

1: make it instead of having a duration have a unit cap! unit cap is affected by efficiency, duration affects health and power affects damage.

2: i think it should also tank hits for the ally it's healing for extra supportive capabilities!

3: fine as is to me

4: why not just make the golem invincible? just reduce the duration a bit. that will make it actually make a difference in the late game. probably should give it some inherent aggro pull as well.

i like this! a few tweaks to make this a bit better though!

1: make it instead of having a duration have a unit cap! unit cap is affected by efficiency, duration affects health and power affects damage.

2: i think it should also tank hits for the ally it's healing for extra supportive capabilities!

3: fine as is to me

4: why not just make the golem invincible? just reduce the duration a bit. that will make it actually make a difference in the late game. probably should give it some inherent aggro pull as well.

I like these. Not gonna lie I got kind of excited when when I saw it was the MrPigman replying to this. I'll throw some of those in when I get the chance.

I like these. Not gonna lie I got kind of excited when when I saw it was the MrPigman replying to this. I'll throw some of those in when I get the chance.

"the"? didnt realize i was worthy of a title XP thanks for the flattery! and im glad you like the idea! I like this concept and have had similar ideas before. the healing summon is actually something ive never considered! very unique!

"the"? didnt realize i was worthy of a title XP thanks for the flattery! and im glad you like the idea! I like this concept and have had similar ideas before. the healing summon is actually something ive never considered! very unique!

I follow quite a few of your concepts and you did the art for vector (impetus), one of the concepts I follow. Also after your work was on primetime you became I bigger deal. I put you on almost the same tier as endrian, server, and redskittlez. Thanks for the help and feedback.