Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Framerate Kick

Saraphys

So, My Clanmate and I have been using Hydroid alot more in place of Nekros on Survival Void missions, and in the last week or so, using Hydroid's Tenticle Swarm (usually with the Augment on), will cause the OTHER players to experiance a large framerate drop and eventually disconnection from the host.
The interesting thing is, the Host doesnt get this on their end; as Iv been host a few times, and haven't seen any framerate loss until the last few days when I wasnt hosting.

When this happens, it kicks the player out of the mission, and are returned to the Liset. Which is fine, but sometimes this can happen at 10min in, or 45min in, and there's a massive differance in loot-loss from the latter...

...I will point out as a side note, most of my clan (myself included) are in the Oceania Region, just in case that helps identify what might be happening.

hope this is a known issue, coz we have the same problem in europe aswell.

we tested a few things and proved these framedropes are generated by hydroids tentacles.

there is no lag, neither too less memory. it seems the CPU cant calculate these tentacles fast enough.

sry for y bad english ^^

This is also happening to me and others I play with.

I can confirm that if a person is host they do not have frame lag. I don't know if this is even a frame rate issue more of an issue with the game not being able to keep up with the movement of enemies on the tentacles when you aren't hosting. Since the host controls all the movement of enemies they don't struggle (Not to mention the constant damage indicators.)

DE Plz

Yes I have had this problem on t1, t2 and t3 survival missions.

Wasted at least 6 keys so far and about an hour or so of my life. To say I am salty is an understatement.

I am in the NA region but I know this doesn't matter since the problem lies on the client side.

But please fix this I shall love you forever.

Also to note, being Hydroid while not host will cause you to crash from your own tentacles. (I think there may be some sort irony there or something... having to do with ships... and tentacles.)

Edited by Kantanomo

Also experiencing this issue.

FPS will start dropping / Frame Time will increase periodically, it'll happen for a while until client locks up entirely, after which it'll recover and say connection to host lost.

Nvidia 770 GTX

Intel i5-3570K 3.4 GHz

8 GB RAM

Windows 8.1 x64

WHQL 347.88

I have had a bit of success with  this by using a Nekros and having him spam Desacrate, doing this I have been able to get to 30 minutes on a survival easily and could probably go farther. Usual the game will crash for everyone around ~15 minutes.

Thanks everybody for the input; we've been able to reproduce this issue here at the office, so we're investigating the cause to address the issues with Hydroid.

Hoping for a fix soon. 2 of my clanmates lost out on Volt Prime parts due to this.

Alright I've been doing some testing with hydroid and for me it's caused by something related to corpus as I haven't had any crashes with grineer missions. I've had issues with doing corpus survival and void survival so it may be corrupted corpus/corpus related possibly nullifier or shield related. As of right now I'm avoiding any mission involving corpus when using Hydroid.

Edited by Lathanian

After further investigation, we've learned the problem appears to be caused by Tentacle Swarm knocking enemies outside of the level, resulting in calculations that would strain clients to the point of disconnecting (especially on slower connections). Once we're confident with the fix and release it, this issue should stop occurring.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that this issue was here long time before 16.5, though it never happened to me until 16.5. That's really sad :(

At least it's good to know what exactly causes crashes and DCs, hoping you, guys, will fix it soon.

But right now i'm gonna cry in the corner, 'cause i won't be able to farm all the things with Hydro~ and double resource days ;_;

*Alright, you won, Nekros, it's your turn*

Edited by Spectre-Agent

An update, we're still investigating more situations that can aggravate this issue beyond simply Hydroid's tentacle swarm. If you experience this issue being made worse by other abilities being cast, we'd like to hear from you.

I have also had this issue happen to me, will look to get another ee.log of it next time, the crash seems to occur with Hydroid's tentacles and also Vauban's Vortex. The thing that does it, seems to be when the enemy is pulled into a out of boundry setting or stretched too much.

I was running a pilfering hydroid in a group with a second pilfering hydroid in Jupiter/Cameria.  We were definitely running around spamming tentacle swarm.  Played until 14:58, framerate slowed to zero, got the mouse cursor spinning busy blue circle and warframe window non-responsive, then host migration screen (i was not host), then back into the game alone.  Went to extraction as normal, but it was frustrating leaving the group.