Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid Framerate Kick

Saraphys

Also to note, being Hydroid while not host will cause you to crash from your own tentacles. (I think there may be some sort irony there or something... having to do with ships... and tentacles.)

knights of sidonia?

I have been crashing every time in survivals with Hydroid, but also with the Vauban in the group. I am hydroid and around 20 min my fps goes way down and eventually crashes. Has the hydroid problem been fixed, or is it something else causing this for me?

I can't play Hydroid anymore in any high-level content. I'm one of the ones getting kicked by my own tentacles.

Even if the game drops in framerate, it still shouldn't cause a disconnection from the host. Especially with the current key-system in place, it causes lost keys and rewards.

This is also only recently an issue, I've had the kick start happening around the Double Drop weekend a bit back, and I've been kicked from every survival since.

Alright. I've been doing some more testing and it seems that any enemy from any ability sent out of bounds on levels causes this glitch. Hydroid simply has a higher chance of causing it with his tentacle mechanic. It seems that there are clipping issues with enemies being ragdolled at high speeds breaking through the clipping boundaries and causing lag which can in turn cause dc issues. Also as another related thing. I think the clipping system in the game engine needs review as their are multiple bugs related to frames breaking the clipping barrier when hitting sufficient speed.

Alright. I've been doing some more testing and it seems that any enemy from any ability sent out of bounds on levels causes this glitch. Hydroid simply has a higher chance of causing it with his tentacle mechanic. It seems that there are clipping issues with enemies being ragdolled at high speeds breaking through the clipping boundaries and causing lag which can in turn cause dc issues. Also as another related thing. I think the clipping system in the game engine needs review as their are multiple bugs related to frames breaking the clipping barrier when hitting sufficient speed.

Yes, after many missions, I can confirm that the written above is a probable cause.

The similar occurs, for example, when using weapons like bow, but with bows, for half an hour on a survival, it occurs only two - three times, so FPS falls for very insignificant period of time and doesn't cause such problems like disconnection. (cough) With tentacle swarm, it occurs much more often, even with several bodies at the same time... that causing FPS drops, game' freeze and finally, disconnection from host (at least no game crashes).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...