Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipers Sniping Snipes

Eirshy

#2 could be interesting as a way to give them some crowd pleasing ability, but #1 is too high-rof oriented. Without also fixing their base damage output, it causes them to not be effective for starting an engagement- when their effective range means they should be part of the opening volley.

The weapon switch feature is nifty, but I don't think these two are the right answer.

I'm adding #2 and the overkill-explosion idea to the OP after I post this, some form of aoe effect would be nice to have. Could even be a mod, too.

Also,

xTudgKB.png

Should probably say "every week until you buff them" now, but eh.

Every day until you buff them.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

DSpite, I went into T3 and T4 Exterms when testing armor values to make sure I was making that spreadsheet correctly (I had to verify the scaling formula was correct). The enemies you face are lv30-35.

The last step of my testing involved confirming the amount of damage I needed to drop Corrupted Heavy Gunners using a pure corrosive Lanka. In order to better facilitate getting accurate readings, I removed Split Chamber and my crit mods.

Heavy Gunners have Ferrite armor, for +75% damage from Corrosive and 75% armor ignore. Cloned Flesh takes full damage from Corrosive.

It took 2-3 headshots every time, unless I critted. And I have a max rank Serration.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Lanka/t_30_22202200_128-6-3-132-1-5-137-0-10-140-3-5-141-7-5-149-5-5-150-4-10-159-2-5_137-7-132-8-159-5-140-9-150-8-149-5-128-7-141-11/en/2-0-20/38366/0

Are you saying that this is wrong?

-Does solid 29500 sustained DPS vs Ferrite armor.

-As far as I could get in T4 Defense and Survival, it one-shots everything, so let the Speed Trigger stay for more sustained damage. No need to overkill enemies.

-It is possible to one-shot Ambulas with no buffs (crit/proc).

-Maxed Heavy Caliber is a little difference in accuracy as Lanka has 100 (pinpoint) accuracy by default.

-Ideal weapon for T4 defense, the 5m punch through lets you clear whole corridors of enemies with a single shot.

-Technically, it is now possible to do 198660 damage in one shot without buffs, if both shots (from multishot) crit a non-armored ferrite unit in the head.

-Best what I have done was ~560k damage from headshotting a primed Corrupted Ancient in the head on T4 defense.

I agree, if nullifers can shoot through their shields with their snipers why can't we shoot through their shield with our snipers.

Again: Because we can shoot out of a Snow Globe and they can't shoot in.

It's not magic:

http://www.tssbulletproof.com/one-way-ballistic-glass/

We can do that ALREADY. You'd think that 1000 years in the future, energy shields would be able to differentiate between outgoing and incoming bullets.

Edited by DSpite

Remove crits from snipers entirely, but give them a multiplier on headshots (and half of that multiplier on any other weakpoint hit). The weakpoint bonus makes headshotting still important. Removing crits entirely is the only solution besides giving them 100% crit; if you don't they are still slot machines because they can have a 5x or greater difference between min and max damage. In exchange, buff them to massive base damage, ~1000 at least.

The split chamber fix is much easier; just make split chamber 100%. Not like it'll be that huge a buff to autoweapons, which barely notice the missing bullet. And before we talk about the buff compared to shotguns and pistols; pistols are too powerful for secondaries already, and shotguns need buffs of their own anyway.

Didn´t read the previous pages but I'd like to contribute with some ideas:

1.- Proximity explosive bullets: let's say you shoot a bullet to an enemy and other bullet to another one, these bullets will push both "marked" enemies to each other producing an AoE explosion when they're close to each other (of course it won´t bring an enemy 3 rooms away, it should have a fixed attraction range). The explosion will be based on our elemental/physical damage.

2.- Bullet damaging trails: bullets will leave a trail as they fly, this trail will last for X seconds and will deal Y damage depending on how much elemental/physical damage we have on our weapon.

3.- Rewarding the distance from the shot: the longer the distance the bigger the damage, if we shoot point blank we´ll get normal damage (the one we have now) and if it is a long distance shot we get an increase of 50% of damage at max. I know this doesn´t make sense but it's a futuristic sci-fi game so it could be explained through Warframe magic.

+1 to innate punch through and giving some utility against Nullifiers and other heavy/special units.

Edited by Zaniux

Didn´t read the previous pages but I'd like to contribute with some ideas:

1.- Proximity explosive bullets: let's say you shoot a bullet to an enemy and other bullet to another one, these bullets will push both "marked" enemies to each other producing an AoE explosion when they're close to each other (of course it won´t bring an enemy 3 rooms away, it should have a fixed attraction range). The explosion will be based on our elemental/physical damage.

2.- Bullet damaging trails: bullets will leave a trail as they fly, this trail will last for X seconds and will deal Y damage depending on how much elemental/physical damage we have on our weapon.

3.- Rewarding the distance from the shot: the longer the distance the bigger the damage, if we shoot point blank we´ll get normal damage (the one we have now) and if it is a long distance shot we get an increase of 50% of damage at max. I know this doesn´t make sense but it's a futuristic sci-fi game so it could be explained through Warframe magic.

+1 to innate punch through and giving some utility against Nullifiers and other heavy/special units.

some coments:

1-this is snipers thunderbolt

2-tesla link in a weapon? i think this idea should have its own weapon, a corpus one. Otherwise it also its kinda lackluster, because atm if the sniper has puchthrough and can kill an enemy, it will kill all of then in a line and im sure that the ia its programed to aboid things like this and embers firering

3-atm warframe dont have any long range spots to snipe, excep some planets, so we dont kneed it. On other hand, this would be prety awesome to the shotguns, those that dont reward you in shooting closer than 15m~ 

And you forgot the scopes :P