Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Rare Resource Farming Guide

Johannez

Question

To those who struggle, to those who want to min-max their time. With ease but much reward!

Maybe you want to listen to something while reading.

The most rare resources I feature are as followed:

Gallium

Neurodes

Orokin Cell

Neural Sensors

Morphics

Uncommon & common resources:

Cryotic

Oxium

Plastids

Rubedo

Ferrite

Salvage

Nano Spores

(Oxium will drop in every Corpus map.)

! (Control Modules, Argon Crystals as well as Alloy Plates can easily be found in high quantity in any Void Survival.)

What's needed and how it works:

Mag:

Mag’s job is to gather all dropped resources in one place while also providing all the energy for the rest of her team. She uses her 1st skill “Pull” with her augment mod. Make sure to switch fore and back because the ability is only a small cone in front of you.

Mods: Greedy Pull and maxed power Range

Hydroid x2:

Both of the Hydroids will provide the extreme loot by killing all enemies with his 4th skill “Tentacle Swarm”, again with his own augment mod. Aim in the general direction of the enemy's swarm and don't kill with anything else than his ability. What the augment mod does? With maxed strength it will quadruple(4x) dropped loot.

Mods: Pilfering Swarm, maxed power Strength, the Stretch mod and Fleeting Expertise mod ! (Important, because you will kill quickly, recast it somewhere else + to reduce heavy energy cost.)

Nekros:

On top of Hydroid's swarm ability, Nekros will roll the drop tables once again of each fallen enemy. To reach all he needs both range mods.

Mods: Maxed power Range

Additional Tips:

Excavation works best because of the very high spawn rates of enemies, although only as long as the excavator has power. 

Sweet spot = till 1300 Cryotic

Survival is the other good option, again because of the good/endless spawn. A good place to stay has multiple entrances, don't fear moving around and trying out different rooms!

Sweet spot = till 30min

Corpus are the easiest to kill since Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm is 100% magnetic damage.

Auras(if you have):

On Corpus maps use Shield Disruption.

On Grineer maps use Corrosive Projection.

D2zD4u4.jpg

7m1U6B8.jpg

GKxKbTx.jpg

Maps it works best:

Earth - Tikal (Neurodes, Rubedo, Ferrite) Grineer Dark Sector Excavation and it's taken by Synergy which means 2% tax : )

Mars - Arcadia (Gallium, Morphics, Salvage) Corpus Survival with Gallium and Morphics? Sounds good to me!

Jupiter - Cameria/Elara (Neural Sensors, Salvage, Alloy Plates) Dark Sector or not, your choice.

Saturn - Cassini (Orokin Cell, Plastids, Nano Spores) Grineer Survival

Final Tips:

If you are a real team player(?) don't hesitate and buy a well worth Resource Drop Chance Booster. It doubles the chance, not only for you but your whole party, to drop loot by fallen enemies.

And if you're like me and want to go full "now or never" buy the Resource Booster too for maximum loot :D

Final Final Tips:p

If you want to extend this strategy e.g. for resources I didn’t include, simply keep in mind Excavation and Survival work best. Try the mission with the lowest enemy level first, make sure everyone is doing her/his job but also listen to your teammates. Good luck!

If it helped you or if you just like what you read, make sure to leave a comment : )

Share Your help with fellow people!

i personally only consider neural sensors rare, orokin cells are easy get now in void, neurodes i only need from time to time, never had to farm for it purposely, besides, raid drops lots of them at least 2 neurodes per day doing a raid. gallium and morphics are like common drops for me at least. but damn, those 56 neural sensors

Edited by tennoninjahunter

Hydroid is the real game changer here. With the addition of pilfering swarm and his availability on Earth I daresay (in crotchety old man voice) "newbs have too easy these days!"

Pilfering allows two hydroids to do even T4 void up to 20 minute's with no damage fall off.

My advice if you need Neurodes and Orokin Cells is to do ODS...maybe make some plat off of Nova systems while you are there too.

Wow, this is awesome! I already knew of the places like Excavation and survival but 56 neural sensors in one game? Wow, how did you manage that ? Were you all 4 using Resource Boosters and drop boosters? Or is it just because of Hydroids and Nekros?

ok OP thx for it i tested it yesterday with 3 clanmates.... AWESOME

Setup:
1x Hydro (augmented)
1x Mag (augmented)
1x Nekro
1x VOLT (max duration)
yeah u heared right! VOLT! Barriers FTW

our runs:
grineer 40mins+ (lvl 40+ enemies if i remember corretly) all had corrosive auras
corpus 40mins+ (lvl 40+ enemies if i remember corretly) just 1 anti shield

W/O Booster we got
grineer ~ 16 cells
corpus ~ 20+ sensors

PS:
Weekend we will use boosters before this method get nerfed...
but srsly i think they will have a hard time nerfing it because of the game mechanics ^^

!!! STILL ITS THE BEST (!) WAY TO FARM RARE MATS NOW !!!

1dShWnk.jpg

32Q8L6Z.jpg

This was on Sinai, Jupiter

24 neural sensors in 15 waves with only a two man squad.

Hydroid and Nekros, resource boosters. Took a total of 14 minutes.

There is nothing to nerf here, it's simply resource boosters doing their job. I'm sure DE wants us all to keep buying boosters.

Dont really like the images you provided since those results are with boosters. If you want to make this a better thread put non-boosters first then under the last part where you wrote about the boosters put those current images in via spoilers

edit: whats with the nerf comments. There is nothing new here, if anything hes just showing you common methods to farm and which locations. Id report these nerf comments to be removed.

Edited by Husla

Nice guide, not new myself but i have a question. Which is better for nano spore farming saturn or eris, defense or survival ?

Lower levels so saturn, survival.

Very nice guide and was well put together. Thanks for the music too while I read your guide :P

You sir are a Saint. The patron Saint of Resources. AKA St. McFarms Von Resources

Very nice guide, I was needing something like this!

My pleasure and thanks alot for the kind words, it was worth the time!

Did you have boosters on at the time? 

Wow, this is awesome! I already knew of the places like Excavation and survival but 56 neural sensors in one game? Wow, how did you manage that ? Were you all 4 using Resource Boosters and drop boosters? Or is it just because of Hydroids and Nekros?

Yes as I mentioned in the final final tips, I suggest buying both boosters like I did. It saves alot of time.

How well does this scale with enemy level?

If you're like me and could use Neurodes and Nano Spores, then a visit to Hymeno on Eris might be in order. It also drops Plastids, which is convenient.

Up to level 30 it works good. Higher level =/= more loot.