Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Updated 9.12.15] Mouse Sensitivity Inconsistent After 16.3

Sherbniz

Update 9.12.15: 8 Months and this problem still persists. :< When I start the game it sometimes has a normal cursor speed in menues but goes nuts when control the character... then after an alt-tab it goes "normal", I controll the character normally but the ingame UI mouse is extremely slow.

Heyo there!

It seems that when I start the game I have my regular mouse sensitivity, but alt-tabbing makes it jump down by exactly a factor of 10 and stay that way...

I have no idea how that happens, but while I appreciate being able to use the full potential of my high-DPI mouse finally, it feels more like a bug.

Update: The Devs have taken note of this bug and need our help to squash it! If you have this problem make sure to post answers to these questions:

Merging topics. Thanks for reporting, we've got our sights on it :) 

Edit: We're trying to narrow down what might be happening. Any information would be greatly appreciated: 

- Does the issue occur only whilst in Full Screen?

- Is it noticeable in the Liset and/or during a mission? Or does it only affect one or the other? 

- Is there a noticeable change in the "Controls" > "Aim Sensitivity" option after alt-tabbing? 

Thank you! 

For a temporary relief, I can suggest setting your game to Windowed or Windowed Borderless mode, that seems to circumvent it, at least it seems.

Still make sure to post in this thread however to help the devs, bump it and increase the awareness!

Edited by Sherbniz

Happening to me too after 16.3, makes the game virtually unplayable. I alt-tab a lot between chat clients such as mIRC and Warframe, so this is a huge annoyance.

I tried switching to Borderless Fullscreen which mitigated the issue somewhat, but didn't fix it completely - that, and the lack of Vsync with Borderless Fullscreen makes me nauseous, so I would much prefer this to get fixed for regular Fullscreen.

Edited by Salacavalini

Bumpity bump, can confirm as well as of 16.3. As someone as OCD about the  'feel' of stuff as me, it pretty much makes the game unplayable. Hope we can get a fix rolled out ASAP as I would love to start playing again :D!

Still happening.

Very disruptive... I have no idea what triggers the jump in sensitivity...

But I'm having a hunch something new they added to the game is interfereing with the Logitech Mouse Software.

Edited by Sherbniz

i'm had this issue since 16.3  it's cause my mouse slow and stuck while moving very slow and it's fast when move mouse a bit of fast , it's like turn on Acceleration . it's can be fixed with Verify data in Launcher but it's not permanently fixed .

I've had a similar problem that started after this last update as well. I'll get 2-3 rounds in without issue then my mouse starts to lock up like acceleration was turned to max.  If I tab over to Windows, my mouse works like normal, tab back to warframe, lock up. This affects missions, menues, liset everything.

Restarting my client fixes things for a bit, but after a few more rounds, the issue resurfaced.

Edited by DrakenViator

Yeah, got the same problem ... glad to see it's an issue related to the last update as i couldn't find any working solution.

Game/mouse works always fine when i start the game ... but once i alt+tab out and back in mouse sensitivity is completely screwed ... takes you 5 minutes to aim for an enemy, simply turn around or trying to hit a button in a menu.

So for now that means if i have to alt+tab out i might as well just close the game and restart everytime.

Please hotfix this ! :-)

Most likely it's not warframes fault but your drivers for that mouse. And that grammar  :DDD

I used both old and the newest drivers. And if it JUST started to appear then why is it suddenly the fault of my driver? ._. It's Warframes Devs breaking something.

Not to mention disabling the drivers and just letting the mouse do its thing doesn't solve it either...I'm having it since this update.

Either way...the game is actually UNPLAYABLE for me like this...so DE needs to do something about it.

Edited by Shehriazad

I'll update my drivers to be safe, but as the problem is only present while in Warframe I doubt that they are the cause.  As for grammar? If it was my keyboard that was not working correctly, I think you would be on to something. But as that is not the case, I doubt your hypothisis.

Edited by DrakenViator

I also have had this problem since 16.3, as have one or two more who posted in the UI section of the bug forums.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/438137-mouse-bug-since-163/

I also run Logtech's game software, and I also have a tendency to alt-tab between warframe and vent. The problem seems to start at random, and is temporarlly fixed by restarting my client.

Problem does indeed seem to start once I alt-tab out.... Looks like I need to avoid doing that until a fix is found.

Edited by DrakenViator

Can any Dev/supporter please reply to this ? Don't know how many people are affected by this ... so i also don't know what priority it has to fix this.

I was hoping it would be an easy fix and it would be in one of the several hotfixes yesterday, but it wasn't.

I'm on Windows 7 using a Logitech G400s and running the game in Fullscreen (one monitor). Switching to borderless after the bug occurs seemed to help a little but still doesn't fix it ... once you alt-tab out of the game it becomes unplayable.

If you need any other data, please let me know. I'll provide what i can.

This started happening just before I did my Mastery Rank 6. The one with the orb tracking.

Got really paranoid, started thinking the game messed with your sensitivity to make you fail. (Is it weird that a part of me loves that idea? A game that features devs screwing with little mechanics here and there?)

Anyway. Fix plz.

Merging topics. Thanks for reporting, we've got our sights on it :) 

Edit: We're trying to narrow down what might be happening. Any information would be greatly appreciated: 

- Does the issue occur only whilst in Full Screen?

- Is it noticeable in the Liset and/or during a mission? Or does it only affect one or the other? 

- Is there a noticeable change in the "Controls" > "Aim Sensitivity" option after alt-tabbing? 

Thank you! 

Edited by [DE]Danielle