Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Melee Concept] Channeling Charge Attack = Weapon Skill

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

As we all know now , charge attacks are being brought back into the game, but we don't know if they're coming back in the same shape they left. So I thought this might be a chance to make the melee form more viable and a little closer to usefulness of guns and frames. I call them 'weapon skills' but they might have a different name later on.  

WS = Weapon Skill

My concept follows as :

WS are activated when attempting to channel while doing a charge attack. Doing a whole new body animation then the charge attack.

WS have energy cost and also depend on the channeling efficiency of that weapon; the skill will have 10x the cost of a channeling attack . So if the weapons channeling attack cost 5 energy then its weapon skill will cost 50 energy. Also WS skills attack strength depend on not only the physical damage of that weapon but the channeling damage of that weapon. Range depends on the attack range of the weapon, now duration, I haven't come up with what this depends on, but stamina cost of that weapon might be an idea.

Each WS differs among their respective weapon types, so the skill of a kogake and venka will have a different animation and effect, but a kogake and obex will have the same animation and effect.

WS are not all damage types, some might be used for crowd control, some might be used for buffs or debuffs of enemies.

- For example the WS of fist type weapons might do a ground slam that will knock back any enemies in x meter radius CC type, and maybe the WS of a scythe type weapon might be 360 degree horizontal slash that extends out and hits enemies in range DPS type. While a nikana's WS will prevent knockdown of the player and friendlies in range, for an x amount of seconds Buff type

WS can only be activated if that weapon is at rank 30, however if that weapon has any forma installed , it can be used at any rank. 

Lemme know what you guys think , if this were to be implemented would you use melee more often in 'the melee form' or would this be redundant and not make melee more viable at all. 

PS I am very fond of melee in Warframe but i think it can be brought farther then were it is now. 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I stopped reading and liking this tread once I read "energy cost"

Channeling was always a crappy system, they stole our free charged attacks, and forced us into energy consuming attacks, most ppl have realized already the trade off is not worth, even with all the efficiency mods on.

Aint nobody spending energy to do a strike, when they can do amazing powers, with CC and damage to several enemies at once.

Edited by 7grims

Channeling was always a crappy system, they stole our free charged attacks, and forced us into energy consuming attacks, most ppl have realized already the trade off is not worth, even with all the efficiency mods on.

Aint nobody spending energy to do a strike, when they can do amazing powers, with CC and damage to several enemies at once.

I see your point, but these aren't strikes they're abilities like you warframe has .

Should of kept reading ;D

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I'm a melee player. Constantly channeling. Highest level survivals, defense and interception I can find. Survive far longer than most other players. Luv melee. Damage? Now that's another discussion, but I can keep it up high with Ash and Chroma, which are actually my two favorite frames. I don't like ranged. No healing. I also move faster in melee. Edited by Silarkar364

I'm a melee player. Constantly channeling. Highest level survivals, defense and interception I can find. Survive far longer than most other players. Luv melee. Damage? Now that's another discussion, but I can keep it up high with Ash and Chroma, which are actually my two favorite frames. I don't like ranged. No healing. I also move faster in melee.

+1 same and I'm sure your using frame abilities to so having a 'weapon skill' wouldn't be to costly

• 1 month later...

spectral sabers ARE BEST!!!

asura great idea

arrow... your still mean to me...

NOTE: 

melee is very viable to even 1 shot lv145 gunner not corrosive projection but it is the 

(INNER circle) area for what melee wep and builds are good.

A (1) royal tempo + scindo prime crit build + crit + x5 combo after in are effect + finisher are + warcry + eternal war + a few power mods = effective scaling UNTIL they can 1 shot a armored quick thinking rage valk

ON THE OTHER HAND

other melee wep (THEMSELVES or WITHOUT a exact melee built frame sacks...)

because you dont see a ember, banshee, frost, hydroid, mag, volt, saryn, trinity, rhino, oberon, nyx, nekroz, mirage, (KINDA mesa), zepher, limbo and Nova

frames that can melee end-game 

Chroma (Note great with valk), valk, loki, ash(tho a little harder at time but stun on invis is nice) and (KINDA mesa)

i say kinda on mesa because i have seen one do pretty well during the phoenix event trying to melee but still was not as good as if the others were using a correct build.

Edited by (PS4)avatar-heart