Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sordid, The Ancient [Warframe Idea Reworked]

d1ru

I've never had the inclination to try and conceptualize a frame, so be gentle please, lol. It could be the caffeene talking, but i'm really excited about the prospects on this one. I think you guys would like it.

Sordid

Health: 150/250/350/450  

Shields: 75/125/200/300  

Armor: 80 (gonna be honest here, armor is random as heck per the wiki. I'm aiming for slightly more than normal. excal? 65. rhino? 190. valkyr? 900. what?)  

sprint speed: 1.1  

stamina: 100  

Codex Entry: He was, He Is, and He will be. Impossibly, records of this warframe date back to early civilization. Among the fragments of data we have on him, a story of insanity is told.  They speak of his destructive joy, his explosive rage, his love for blood... Fellow warframes, his methods are loathful, but one thing is clear: when he appears, it is to challenge something bigger. We need him. It is coming.

Cirrus: Sordid summons a cloud that quickly wraps around it's victim, while unseen entities ravage enemy from inside.

[DMG: 100/200/350/500] - 25 energy

Pallbearer: corrosive rain reduces armor in AOE.

DURATION: 6/8/10/12 seconds by 10%/20%/30%/40% - 50 energy 

Oppression: upon activating, Sordid's presence weighs heavily on surrounding enemies, drawing healing energy from enemies within AOE. Shields are offline for 5 seconds. Heals for 10% of damage dealt. (would be cool to have colors within AOE boundary to turn black and white, like old vamp movies)

DMG: 100/200/300/500 max 8 enemies simultaneously - 75 energy

Blooded: Sordid laughs maniacally while being encased in wispy smoke that acts as an extension of his body. Melee range is increased, accuracy of attacking enemies Sordid decreased. A unique stance is applied that gains movement speed, swing speed, and duration of ability upon dismembering an enemy.

DURATION 4/6/8/10 seconds. Maxes at 30 seconds. - 100 energy 

Reasons behind choices:

The idea behind the abilities was to have another melee focused frame that could make a melee only build viable even in end-game content.  

1. Spammable, themed ability that could be used for stealth missions.  

2. I wanted him to be able synergize with his own abilities, teammate abilities, and give the frame the ability to meet end-game content head on.  

3. I specifically thought up for a buy more time ability: You're in the middle of a defense or survival with high level enemies, you just had your shield broken and health is rapidly going down. Boom, you heal your health, and you bought yourself another few seconds to get out of there, while having dealt a some of damage, but keeping you vulnerable to high dps enemies since no shield. i was not anticipating it was enough damage to take out full heath high level targets. This one i wanted to emulate the heaviness of his prescence, having life drained just by being near him.

4. For this one, i wanted to portray a murderous, dark being, relishing in chaos. when activating, a cloud would swirl around him as in ability 1, (also being visual cue for active ability to seld and others) but buffing him for melee attacks. Dismembering enemies lets him see the blood he desires, and he channels that into his attacks, speeding up his actions with each kill made without pause.   

Edited by d1ru