Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amd Driver Bugs [Megathread]

Zaisha

Mine loading screen does not freeze but it just stays in the loading screen and the loading bar doesn't change. But then after a while it will crash and this page will come up (https://warframe.com/hardwarefail). I have done everything to check my Memory and CPU and there is nothing wrong with my computer itself. It was working completely fine in Update 15 with MESA and NOVA Prime. Please repost if you are struggling with the same problem or similar. Plz Help eliminate this bug or whatever it is...

Game is basically unplayable - i can only play solo due to crashes as it crashes 90% of times.. just pure crash to desktop when there is a transition between ship and mission loading screen.

Radeon hd7980, i've tried underclocking, changing drivers(both downgreading and upgreading to beta(with cleaning the drivers out in between the installs), checking temps, reinstalling game, validating cache(steam and launcher), installing game on other hdd. I haven't reinstalled windows.. but that would be a bit drastic and kinda pointless.

other games work fine btw.

Got this 2 times today, can't seem to understand the circumstances that cause the crash as it doesn't seem to be often. I too have a radion card 2 gig 7850 to be exact though it could be a coincidence? 

EDIT: Might as well share a screen shot of it...

2dwc4k3.png

Edited by Phaz3d

So I deleted and optimized my cache for the game and it loaded up correctly this time, at first i got a 1 second hiccup but than it started running smoothly after that, give it a shot it might work, also i have on Dx 10.11 and 64 bit for those of you that used that method without success. :D hope it helps.

Same here. I sent about 30 crash reports already and have just run out of patience. I will log in daily for thre reward, but this russian roulette is just not worth it.

Seems to only happen when I host, though? Whenever I join a session already in progress or get hosted, it works.

Sooo necroing my thread here.

Rolled back drivers and problem still persisting. I'll try Borderless, as @pyr0b4ll suggested. What's weird is that Warframe is the only title I regularly play that's still giving me issue. The driver rollback even fixed the buggy slop known as The Crew's many, many graphics driver crashes...

I've suffered from time to time with this too on GTX970

Borderless windowed mode makes it less common, it's not been cured by any driver update though I can't remember exactly when it started to happen.

It mostly seems to happen when I get groundslammed by a Gunner at close range and there are lots of enemies around.  Late on in T4 Survival usually or some kind of full screen explosion.

I'll try the shadowplay suggestion 

When am about to start a mission 

it loads to 70 to 80 percent and send me back the the home screen

It keeps saying it lost connection to the  multi player S#&$.

i cant do any mission with anybody cause it just keep doing this.

i can only play single player missions which is hard sometimes

Can you guys please fix this so i could get back playing the game or i might have to find another game to play..

I also have that problem, 

What i do:

1. Uninstall all C++ redistributable

2. Delete warframe(steam\steamapps\common\Warframe\ or where you install it)

3. Delete warframe data(in users/Your_account/AppData/Local/Warframe)

4. Install warframe again.

For now  - no virtual function call error.

I think reason in step 3. So something in options make this error. Or it could be corrupted files in one C++ redistributable.

Hope this willl work for you.

Bug is still going strong in 16.1.5

iam also still having this issue, i tried to do some T4 keyfarming on Augustus, crashed 3 times in a row, and thus lost 3 times in a row my teammates. pretty annoying for me but also annoying for the people i want to play with.

Currently optimizing download Cache, just to see if it helps. also turned off directX 10. lets hope it will work better now.

iam going to update my troubleshooting later this evening.

EDIT: Turning off DirectX 11 solves the problem (i think) 

So i am playing on direct X 10 now and haven't had any problems yet. will make update tomorrow. if any crashes occur.

Edited by QuickDelay

Same, I crash really often and I would say 80% of the time when starting a mission it will crash, very frustrating and I have stopped playing. will wait for a fix. if it ever happens.... I tried uninstalling... verify integrity of cache file with steam... remove 64 bit mode and dx11...NOTHING IS WORKING.......... :(

p.s also tried lowering the graphic but no... Any magic trick to fix this? I must have sent 20+ reports lol

Edited by Grimskunk

Similar issue here, on a 750M. My game will every now and then freeze for a second, then display a random picture of when I was playing while the game continues to run in the background. I have tried alt tabbing, etc to somehow force the screen to refresh, but it never changes.

I have this problem as well, event viewer indicate this:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I am using GTX 970 and running borderless already when it occur, so I dont think borderless help.

I had this issue with my GTX 660. I finally did some rigorous testing by disabling the video card and running the game off of my intel HD 4000 cpu integrated graphics instead. Problem disappeared.

I further examined my GPU and saw a small black blemish that doesn't appear on images of a new card. Either something burnt out or the thing got rained on.... (I also just discovered that my roof was leaking recently, though not necessarily where my desktop was).

Fast forward to today- I RMA'd my card for a replacement and I am now running the game off of a new GTX 660 with no issues for several months now.

TLDR:

Had the same issue. Turned out to be a faulty graphics card that had issues during some situations while playing games. Replacing it fixed my issue.

Got the nvlddmkm Error also today.

Happened since yesterday evening 3 times.

One time just Warframe crashed, one time the whole PC. And the last time with the nvlddmkm Error. 

And only on a Spy Mission on Neptune (Sao) with Limbo.

Also using a 970 (MSI) with an rather old driver 344,16

Other software just runs fine (ESO, World of Tanks, 3DMark) - all games where my Graphics Card get over 60°C (Warframe is mostly at 59°C)

Edited by Nathanien