Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amd Driver Bugs [Megathread]

Zaisha

If none of the previous suggestion don't work:

Do a complete cleanup of your driver. A process a bit more invasive than a clean install. 

DISCLAIMER: DO A FULL BACKUP. I am not responsible for borking your installation.

A total driver cleanup involves:

0) checking the web for a complete tutorial; simplified steps below.

1) uninstalling the driver.

2) rebooting in safe mode.

3) removing all leftover folders.

4) open the registry and remove entries related to the graphics driver. 

5) booting back in normal mode.

6) installing the driver latest version. 

Sometimes a clean reinstall is not really clean, and this kind of deep cleanup can fix your issues. 

Remember to chkdsk and defrag and backup prior to this kind of stuff. 

This procedure FIXED THIS EXACT PROBLEM for me. Then it could also have borked my Windows installation. YMMV. 

Noticed that 99% of those crashes occurs when hosting games not when joining others

Also didnt happened before

(1 day I done 20+ solo runs with no crash, day after crash every other 

you're right, it has to do something with hosting, never had a crash when i wasn't hosting. Also i have never had a crash after disabling directX 11, even when i was the host. so you might wanna try that.

Did anyone try my method?)

For me it works.  For all this days(from 30 march) no virtual function call error.

Im having this same crash issue, also using a AMD R9 270X. Its weird because my friend has had this problem for about 3 weeks now (he also has an AMD card), but my crashing started about 4 days ago. But Im going to try your method, disabling DX11 now. Im gonna report in a few days (or few minutes) if it works or not :D Hope the warframe team reads all those crash reports and does something about this issue.

Im having this same crash issue, also using a AMD R9 270X. Its weird because my friend has had this problem for about 3 weeks now (he also has an AMD card), but my crashing started about 4 days ago. But Im going to try your method, disabling DX11 now. Im gonna report in a few days (or few minutes) if it works or not :D Hope the warframe team reads all those crash reports and does something about this issue.

Ok so, worked fine in 3 games with 2 players, but then tried to host a 4 player void mission, and crashed... So disabling DX11 not working here... Damn this is annoying... Also tried to verify and optimize game cache, but that didn't help either. I guess Im gonna reinstall everything and maybe do something about the C++, even though I don't get any error with the crash.

Hotfix didn't fix anything for me... this is getting so frustrating and I can't believe they can't fix it. And again, I've tried everything and nothing works, and I can't go to my own dojo alone or play missions unless I find a host who doesn't crash. Unbelieveable.

Any of you guys tried updating the PhysX system software?  I was getting repeated crashes trying to enter a mission until I did that.

As for disabling DX11, why would anyone even want to play Warframe like that?

Edited by SavagePaladin

Any of you guys tried updating the PhysX system software?  I was getting repeated crashes trying to enter a mission until I did that.

As for disabling DX11, why would anyone even want to play Warframe like that?

If disabling DX11 helps with the crashing, why would anyone NOT want to do that? At least you could maybe play the game like that. And it could be a temporary solution. I did what Theorath suggested above, and for now it seems to work, but Im not celebrating yet. And for the PhysX, I could try to update it.

on changelog from version 16.2.1: 

"Fixed crash at boot or when loading into Missions experienced by specific AMD hardware when using DirectX 10 or 11."

*enables DX11 again to see if they fixed it.*

--> launches mission...crash...pure virtual function call...

hmmpf...*disables DX11*...*sobs*

Seems they fixed the problem but it reveals new problem.

(edit: seems they didnt fix properly)

The new problem is game is being stuck on loading screen or while it processing research or entering a mission.

Good job for your fix.

I was wondering why people called this game is Bugframe.

Edited by Theorath

I can't take this anymore, I love this game, but this is ridiculous.
My graphics drivers have been crashing virtually every single time I've started the game for a few months now.
I've posted about this before, but no one was able to help.
What happens is:
Whenever I play the game for 40 minutes - an hour, I end up crashing to desktop.
The game is still running, I can still interact with it and hear sounds, but i'm unable to see anything and also unable to get back into the game.
As you could imagine, this is a HUGE problem for me, it's gotten to the point where i'm just gonna have to quit the game until there's some sort of solution or fix made. I really really enjoy this game, so this makes me very sad to have to do, but I can't deal with crashing in the middle of t4 defenses anymore.

I'm running a Asus k53e with the following

Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics

8GBs DDR3 ram

Intel I5 core

well integrated graphics always are less power than AMD/Nvidia ones

there only way that you can fix it is buying a new laptop/PC with any of both graphics instead of Intel ones.
so maybe lowering the graphics quality will help a lot for ur graphics since can't handle same as AMD/Nvidia Graphics.
if u're already running in low settings it's sadly that you will need a good graphic card, but on netbooks/ultrabooks can't be changed the gpu.

hope it's help

Sounds like your card is overheating, try adding an aftermarket fan shelf to your laptop (I'm assuming laptop due to integrated card) this might help out. Otherwise I'd recommend either upgrading or even downgrading your drivers for your card and see if that helps.

Your not over clocking right? I've had friends that had issues when they did that.