Ask A Cephalon, April 16

DE_Adam

Why do we only receive text messages from Cordylon?  What's the deal with the Grineer Empire not being in a total state of civil war?  Should you go and hijack your own Corpus ship for personal use?

Cordylon receives more questions than then poor AI could ever answer -- but setting aside time to answer questions is a nice break from his normal work.  Plus, he may just learn something too.  Click here to see this round of Q&A with Cephalon Cordylon, and if you have a question why not post it in the thread below?

-DE_Adam

THANK. YOU. CORDYLON for shutting down all the "Tenno Battlecruisers! Giv!" people with that final statement!

Question of mine:

What are the Corpus' Indoctrination Temples used for? I have a hunch, but the prospect disturbs me greatly.

Do you ever wonder why we're here?

a question I always have when I solve a Hack-security-system:

Do the Grineer and Corpus really believe a Hack system like that can be a valid security?

Ordis is trying to make jokes lately....is this a normal behavior for a Cephalon? Why?

oh and: Do you know jokes?

What is the opinion of the civilians of the System in regards of the Tenno?

Will we be able to interact with them? Will they be able to contact us directly in case they need protection?

Edited by Kao-Snake

Everyone, including fellow tenno refer to Ordis as a single unique cephalon like you, Suda, and Simaris. A small scale inqury confirmed that every, or at least most of the ship cephalons call themselves "Ordis". Does that mean there is a prime Ordis that can split himself across all ships, or "Ordis" is a cephalon type corresponding to ship cephalons, or something completely different?

What's going on with Corrupted soldiers' weapons?  Why do Lancers have Deras, and how to Crewmen come across Struns that fire energy bolts (rather than using, say, Detrons)?  Why aren't any Corrupted soldiers using Orokin weapons, or, if those are too hard to come by, modified technology like the Bombards' energy missile launchers?

What does the Lotus do in her spare time? Surely, she doesn't oversee missions all of the time?
What are her favorite recreational activities? Does she play video games? Do you she will play Tenno Fortress 2 with me if I ask politely?

Edited by Lukap99

The last answer reminds me to an idea for a multi-stage mission type i once had where the players had to enter, clean up and re-activated a lost ship  so it can be scrapped for parts and resources.

After all, an allready written off ship will not attract as much attention as an active one.

On an entirely different note. I just again noticed. What happend to the community Hot Topics? The last one was over a month ago.

Anyway to the questions for Cordylon:

Where did Naked Nick go after the Tenno canceled his job as cryo pod tester?

Are there more rooms in our home ship behind the Arsenal and if yes, why is Ordis not letting us in?

Do Tenno need to breath or just their Warframes (we can see breath comming from the Warframe in cold temperatur areas).

What unit of measure is used in the post Orokin era? Did meter, liter and kilo survive or did the Orokin come up with their own units?

How can i fix Ordis enough that he will leave me in peace when on the Liset and instead just keeps his talk to missions?

Besides the occasionaly angered Suda. Are there any Cephalons who might be directly opposing the Tenno because of a conflict of interests?

How do Clantech research based weapon blueprint differ from the black market obtainable ones, that they require such extra research to replicate and forma to build?

Lots of people appear throughout our system who's race isn't exactly clear, such as the leaders of Red Veil, Arbiters of Hexis and New Loka and syndicate members, along with the civilians we see in relays and those we rescue on missions. Are you able to tell us what race(s) these people are of?

Dear Cordylon.

I've had some really frustrating problems with my Liset's inbox station lately. I keep getting the same message over and over again. It's simply a message titled with three dots. I haven't dared to open one yet, because the sender's visual image disturbs me.

I think I have some sort of virus program in my Liset. The messages simply don't stop coming, and I've noticed that my ship's lights flicker occasionally.

This problem seems to be way out of hand for my half-glitched Ship Cephalon to handle.

Can you please advice me in this matter?

Cephalon Cordylon, I aspire to learn the languages of our foes to further understand them, while progress is excellent in regards to the Corpus' ciphered speech, progress with the Grineer has come to a near steady halt.  Unfortunately, I cannot find any more phrases than the typical "Git klem." or other phrases as they spew lead from their crude Grakatas.  Perhaps you have a library of translated spoken Grineer phrases? Of the liking to a "Grineer to Old Terran dictionary" for example: "No aktivitoi tey gregorta." - "No activity to report."

Are there any tenno who are pacifists and refuse to slaughter enemies by the thousands? Do they deserve to be called tenno if they won't kill?

How vulnerable are the tenno-held solar rails that connect to dark sectors? Is there some form of automated security force, or is the reputation of the tenno fearsome enough to keep the corpus and grineer at bay?