Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Gpu Usage Is 99% In Liset. 300Fps. In-Game? 50% And Under, Lower Sometimes.

Mkilbride

I was just doing some T4 Capture.

My FPS seemed low, so I looked. 43FPS. "Huh?" I say, and look at the GPU Usage meter next to it...

GPU Usage: 15%

What now? 15? So I move around in circles, it goes from 13-15. Temp is fine, V-Ram usage is fine.

2500K @ 4.5GHZ

GTX670 FTW Edition by EVGA.

8GB 1866MHZ RAM

128GB SSD

W7 64-bit.

Game used to run fine, it seems only the latest few patches really did this...it's bad. I've even turned down settings, and surprise, surprise, it didn't affect FPS.

No other games have this issue. Max performance mode is enabled.

Edited by Mkilbride

not particularly surprising.

Warframe is more CPU and Northbridge bottlenecked than the average software is.

GPU doesn't matter a whole lot in Warframe. this is just due to the way the game plays. there's far more complex calculation going on than simplistic number crunching.

i.e. far more logical processing, AI calculation, and Et Cetera than there is texture rendering and poly drawing.

-

that being said, performance outliers on various Hardware and Software combinations will pop up from time to time, and will need to be ironed out smooth again.

for more specific assistance (or information gathering if there is something Warframe can do about it), talk to Support.

Edited by taiiat

In my case it is cpu bottleneck. One of my cpu cores is fully utilized and gpu have low usage, which indicate cpu bottleneck. DX11 can send data to gpu only with one cpu core, so high single core performance is important in DX11. DX12 should help with this as all cpu cores can send data to gpu.

Warframe stays way too north bridge and CPU dependent.

It is ridiculous crysis 3 runs butter smooth and warframe fails to utilize more load when more happens in game.

I heard some things like that the dx11 api polling is the culprit, but still that should make warframe lagg if this is done right, planetside2 is a same sort of game and that works better on a system with a great GPU not a overkill CPU.

Chao, The Roaring Lion Warlord of Shadow Lords

Edited by TheRoaringLion