Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Could Be Auto Banned

Netherminder

Hey everyone,

I want to discuss their current auto ban system and how it has been banning fair users, as well as what you would expect for a satisfactory resolution to it. So please, keep it civil and try to offer serious responses as I'm not looking to make a hate thread or anything like that, as I still believe in DE and it's Devs, just this auto ban system and the person who made the decision to use it should both have their decision making rights in this game revoked.

So currently if you have certain programs running in the background, as in your not actively using them such as AHK (Auto Hotkey) you can get flagged and banned. They have made an announcement about automated assistance such as AHK but not limited to it, that could cause you to get a auto ban. The announcement is very vague and considering it's about banning you would think it should be very clear which it is not.

So any macro software you have such as Razer / Logitech mice/keyboards that is part of their driver software could get you auto-banned. Auto fire macro's are suppose to be allowed, but it hasn't stopped their software from Auto Banning users for using it. Even further after researching more into this, DE actually was fine with macro's prior, and then they changed their mind and instead of making announcements about it first to give some awareness to such changes, they instead put auto banning software to just ban everyone and their dog who were using it.

What ever happened to warnings?

Does this sort of thing not warrant a warning system to say hey, we don't support it, stop using it or next time ban hammer.

So let me ask this hypothetical, if you were auto banned and your support ticket would not be addressed for at least 9 days, meaning you are missing out on a double xp weekend, the Void Trader (say you have none of what he has brought), you have 90 day affinity / credit booster ticking away, your daily crafting of Forma / Weapons / Alerts and lastly you have currently at this point spend a few hundred dollars on the game....

How would you respond / react to this?

What would be a satisfactory resolution to this for you be?

This exact thing has happened to me, and it's hard to understand how I could get banned until 2035 for playing the game as I always have, which is without macros or anything to assist me. I absolutely love this game, and yet it still blows my mind that it's been 7 days my support ticket has been unanswered, and considering support doesn't work on weekends it will be minimum 9 days on Monday. I have AHK which I have only ever used for Mass Effect, and the only way I ever learned about the auto fire macro was because they posted it on the official forums there for AHK. It can still be found there. Because using certain semi auto guns there kills my finger, my expensive mouse and as an office worker I've already got carpal tunnel.

I was thinking no way I could really be banned, as I've never been banned in any game before and now I do feel like that dirty cheater that I always turned my nose up towards. But seriously, a system that just auto bans you and then your literally locked out of the game and prevented from furthering any of your time-walls unfairly.

Edited by Netherminder

Im pretty sure they said that you WON'T be banned because they understand that other players have disabilities, and they understand so they won't ban for AHK or any other Macro.

As such, I have used macros on my keyboard (STRIKE 7) AND mouse (Mammoth Redragon) for about a year now, and my friend has not been banned using AHK and he's been using it for a long time now. If one of your friends got banned, it's because they have some sort of cheating software SOMEWHERE on their computer, because Warframe scans for these .exe programs and such to tell if you've been hacking in any other game, and you will get banned for it (or possibly a false-positive, but it's usually the case I stated).

So no, I don't think you can get banned for macros considering how long me and my friends have been using them

Edited by SgtFlex

I just started using an autofire macro with AHK for Nekros last night. It spams 3 for me when I press 3 and stops when I press 3 again. As pressing it myself 1600+ times in a 40 min survival seems a bit excessive.

Not sure if I'll get banned for it or not, we'll see I guess.

Right, but if your mouse or keyboard software supports macro's got you flagged and auto banned, even if you don't use macros, based on the OP, what would a good resolution be for you?

My keyboard and mouse BOTH support macros and have macro software in them, nothing has happened, I've used the macros several times and have never even gotten a warning, nor have my friends

Do you have any evidence for anyone being banned for using AHK or macros?

Because if not, this is just becoming a scare for Macro users.

Edited by SgtFlex

But I am proof of this, and I have never used macro's for Warframe ever. I do have AHK installed on my system though, as I do have only an auto-fire script for Mass Effect. I am sure it could easily be adjusted to Warrame, but I never have. There is no other software on my system that I'm aware of could be used for cheating. And I'm the only one that uses this computer.

Their PSA announcement as well shows I'm not the only one going through this.

Your response though is exactly how I would have responded to someone in regards to this, and I am not that dirty cheater that the anti cheat software seems to think I am.

Been using logitech gaming software with my mouse for well over a year, and I have yet to be banned for it.

The system looks more for things tgat edit files rather than run scripts, so running cheat engine while playing will do it.

Plus false ban tickets typically get resolved fairly quickly.

@SgtFlex

Yes, myself for one.

I'm not saying everyone running it will feel the heat of the ban hammer, but if your brave enough to try, run Warframe and start a mission, then start your Auto Hotkey program. From the PSA announcement thread, this looks like it might be a trigger to the software, regardless of what your script is for.

so in summary, you decided to write some sort of useless rage post, in General Discussion no less.

you have your Support Ticket, that's the one and only way to reach a resolution for your issue.

what do you expect Community members to do? we can't help you.

automatic systems are not a favorite of mine, but they cannot be adjusted to be perfect upon first implementation.

if you are infact 'innocent' - then Support should be able to verify this and clean up the issue, which will make the system better for those in the future.

Looking at this from their perspective, giving an exacting definition would just be inviting people to game the system. When the anti-afk stuff came out the forums INSTANTLY riposted with the idea that macro afk people would just tweak their macros to avoid being flagged AFK. Exploiters/botters not knowing exact definitions on either side is probably the only thing holding them back.

I think if I were DE I'd handle it pretty much the same way. Put up a post about intent (not preventing disabled/handicapped users from playing) and leave the specifics up to the discretion of support.

@Sixty5

My ticket is 6 days old, and support doesn't open again till Monday making it the 9th day. Those tickets are filed in a specific category, so you would think they should be high priority to resolve....

9 days doesn't sound pretty fast to me.

I have bought a mouse that has software much more grey-area in terms of banning in some competitive FPS games ( Luckily for me I don't play any ).

Got it since August last year or so, used it for my left click spamming semi-auto fire and even for pressing 3 over and over. Did I got any warning or ban from DE, ofc not. Whatever it is that gets ppl banned is either a bug/mistake like negative plat, or severe cheating and violating TOS.

Even if you get banned / flagged by accident support will be more than glad to help out, there was a post from one of the DE members ( Drew I believe... ) saying they understand that other players have disabilities so they won't be banning people for it.

What ever happened to warnings?

So let me ask this hypothetical, if you were auto banned and your support ticket would not be addressed for at least 9 days, meaning you are missing out on a double xp weekend, the Void Trader (say you have none of what he has brought), you have 90 day affinity / credit booster ticking away, your daily crafting of Forma / Weapons / Alerts and lastly you have currently at this point spend a few hundred dol

How would you respond / react to this?

What would be a satisfactory resolution to this for you be?

You're given a warning in the EULA where it says something to the effect of "DE reserves the right to do anything we want for any reason and not tell you about it BECAUSE WE ARE IN CHARGE AND YOU ARE NOT."

As for what would I do? I dunno. I don't use any cheating programs (he said facetiously) so I doubt that would ever happen. If it did, though, and I was a dirty cheater (lel KIDDING... gosh) and got banned for it, I would probably be upset at first but then just send in a ticket explaining that my heathenish cheating wasn't really harming anything or anybody except for the baseline economy within their game. Hm... maybe I would just play something else.

And not cheat in that new game.

o3o

fyi, my reply fuction is not working

@taiiat

You obviously did not read the OP as that is nothing I am suggesting. There is no rage here, I asked for suggestions to what the community thought of the currenty auto ban functions, and if they were banned based on OP example then what would be a good resolution to them.

No where in my OP did I say anything about "ohh poor me, everyone help me", so really read what your responding to or don't respond.

Well most of those AHK-er whatevers are probably copter-ers.

I can copter fine or shoot incredibly fast without the need of auto hotkeys.

If macros are built into your mouse though... yeah you shouldn't really be banned for that.

people macro's coptering? really?

I'm using my k 95 to spam for my nekros and its set to use hardware playback, so I think I should be fine, but if I get auto banned for anything I'm going to have a serious problem. their anti cheat needs to be smart enough to not F*** over legitimate players.

Im pretty sure they said that you WON'T be banned because they understand that other players have disabilities, and they understand so they won't ban for AHK or any other Macro.

As such, I have used macros on my keyboard (STRIKE 7) AND mouse (Mammoth Redragon) for about a year now, and my friend has not been banned using AHK and he's been using it for a long time now. If one of your friends got banned, it's because they have some sort of cheating software SOMEWHERE on their computer, because Warframe scans for these .exe programs and such to tell if you've been hacking in any other game, and you will get banned for it (or possibly a false-positive, but it's usually the case I stated).

So no, I don't think you can get banned for macros considering how long me and my friends have been using them

THIS ^ . im using Razer DeathStalker & Naga, never get banned even once.