Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy's Concept Gallery

CrazyCanadian24

Jobu (male Warframe)

Design: Think Excalibur crossed with Ash, and with some oriental samurai-styled plating.

Role: High-damage melee-based Warframe

Notes: You may or may not know this, but "Jobu" is the pronunciation of "丈夫" (Japanese), meaning "Warrior" (robustness, hero, gentleman, warrior). There's nothing special about his base stats, but his party piece is his ability set, which is far more costly to deploy than other ability sets (25% more costly, in fact), but is very powerful. To balance this, his abilities are not affected by any mods, even streamline, and his max power cannot be increased above 150

Stats:

Health: 125 (375 @ rank 30)

Power: 125 (150 @ rank 30)

Armour: 75

Sprint Speed: .95 (I know its not much of a downgrade from 1, but the only reason it's less than 1 is to reduce the effects of rush mods)

Shields: 100 (300 @ rank 30)

Shield Regen: 22.5

Polarities: 4x scratch, 1x bar, 1x D

Powers:

1 - Shattering Strike

Cost: 31.25

Effect: After mods, replaces all normal damage with armour-piercing damage on melee weapon for the next strike and raises critical chance by 100. Also causes a stagger on the victim.

Upgrading: Increases stagger strength and adds additional armour-piercing damage (2.5%/2.5%/5%/7.5%, 10/10/25/50)

Notes: This ability has no animation, is applied instantly upon activation, and cannot be stacked. Creates a yellow glow around the chosen melee weapon while active. Critical chance buff works by adding 100% to the current critical chance value - for example, on a melee weapon with a 20% crit chance, crit chance will be raised to 120% after use. Also stays active until you land an attack.

2 - War Cry

Cost: 62.5

Effect: After mods, applies a 25% armour bonus and increases the rate of fire for all of your weapons, and those of your squad by 15% (before mods, including melee). Also makes enemies more likely to attack you over your allies.

Upgrading: Increases duration (10/10/20/30 seconds)

Notes: Basically a taunt, I figured that to balance out Jobu's otherwise aggressive abilities he should have one that's mildly supportive. It has a 10 second cooldown.

3 - Rage

Cost: 93.75

Effect: Increases movement speed by 30% (after mods), increases melee attack speed by 20% (after mods, does not stack with War Cry), and increases melee damage by 75% (before mods).

Upgrading: Increases duration (10/10/17.5/25 seconds)

Notes: This is where things start to get powerful. Only the toughest enemies will be able to take more than two or three hits with Rage active. It is also on a 10/10/17.5/25 second cooldown, to prevent spamming.

Ultimate - Eviscerating Strike

Cost: 125

Effect: Jobu charges at his target, gaining a 3x movement bonus after mods, immunity to stagger, knockdown, and repel, pursuing the target for however long he has to, unaffected by teleportation and switch teleportation, delivering a single, deadly strike with his melee weapon. This attack causes stagger, high damage, and also makes the victim three times more vulnerable to attacks for a set duration (identifiable by a crimson glow around the victim)

Upgrading: The upgrade system for this power is rather complex, so I'll list its statistics at various levels.

Level 0/1: Does 500 damage, and staggers enemies that can normally be staggered. Vulnerability to attacks lasts for 10 seconds.

Level 2: Does 650 damage, and staggers enemies that cannot normally be staggered (excluding Jackal and Hyena). Vulnerability to attacks lasts for 17.5 seconds.

Level 3: Does 800 damage, and knocks down enemies (excluding Jackal and Hyena). Vulnerability to attacks lasts for 25 seconds.

Notes: It goes without saying that this ability is complete overkill for normal enemies, and to an extent, even heavies and ancients. This is the kind of ability that you save for bosses, or if you absolutely positively HAVE to kill a specific enemy. Also, if a chasm gets in his way, he will automatically jump over it with the correct jump height needed to clear the gap. There is simply no way to interrupt this attack, which makes sense, considering it's his ultimate.

Alternate helmet: Soru

Effect: Increases shield regen by 16% (up to 26.1), but reduces sprint speed by 5% (down to .9025).

Notes: "Soru" is the pronunciation of "ソウル" (Japanese), meaning "Soul". The model should also change if used on the prime version of Jobu, so that it doesn't end up looking ugly with the alternate helmet on.

Primary weapon concept: Totsu

Design: I was thinking of it looking much like a Boltor crossed with a Latron.

Type: Automatic railgun

Damage: 24

Rate of fire: 6

Accuracy: Irrelevant, the Snipetron has an accuracy of 13.3 but is pinpoint accurate. Long story short, just calculate accuracy however you do and be done with it.

Ammo size: 540

Magazine size (Warframe seems to think its called a clip): 30

Reload speed: 2 seconds

Critical damage: None, this weapon does not crit.

Critical chance: None, this weapon does not crit.

Polarity slots: None

Notes: "Totsu" is the pronunciation of the word "疼痛" (Japanese), meaning "Pain". It is a railgun, and fires bolts at extremely high speeds, the same as standard bullets (is affected by puncture stats, bolts do not "stick" to targets like with the boltor), without projectile deviation or drop. It has innate 1-metre puncture as well, so you can hit enemies behind your initial target. It would be the most powerful per-shot automatic weapon if it were implemented, but that comes at the cost of a low fire rate, no crit chance, a small magazine, above-average recoil and no polarity. Its actual accuracy, however, is quite good.

Seccondary weapon concept: Sanshoo

Design: I imagine it looking like a futuristic version of the tracer dart gun from Bad Company 2: http://battlefieldba...920x460_q85.png

Magazine size: 1

Accuracy: Irrelevant

Ammo size: 30

Damage: 0

Reload speed: 1 second

Notes: This secondary is... well, lets just say, unique. Unlike any other weapon currently in the game, the Sanshoo is a utility weapon; it drains the shields of the target, or slowly regenerates health, depending on whether the target is friendly or hostile. The drain on shields is moderate, and the health regen is slow. Important to note is that the effect is not stackable and lasts 10 seconds, so it can't exactly be spammed. The rate at which it drains shields/restores health is up for debate, but I was thinking of using a percentage value rather than a set value, so it could scale on higher levels.

Again, this is a Japanese-named weapon - "Sanshoo" is the pronunciation of "サンショウウオ", which is Japanese for "Salamander". Why "Salamander"? because it sounds cool, that's why.

Melee weapon concept: Seinaru Ken

Type: Longsword

Design: Ideally, it should look like a cross between the Skana and the Pangolin Sword, but longer. About as long as the Gram.

Damage: 25

Rate of attack: 1 (same as the Skana)

Charge damage: 150

Charge speed: 1.3 seconds

Critical chance: 20%

Critical damage: 1.5x

Polarities: 2x V

Notes: As with the primary weapon and secondary weapon concepts, this melee weapon is radically different. Statistically, it's just a Skana with higher charge damage and crit chance but slower charge speed. In practice, however, this is completely unique to anything currently in the game. Why? because it's charge attack has a friggin' sword beam, that's why. Yes, you read that right, the Seinaru ken is the master sword... well, not quite, but pretty close. The sword beam has a range of 7.5 meters - a quarter the range of the Glaive, and the beam itself takes on the energy colour of the weapon. The visual appearance of the sword beam should be similar to the slash trail of longswords on their charge attack, and move quite fast. Oh, and the sword beam is also affected by any damage mods you have on. And on top of all that, it also has not one, but two (TWO!!!) V polarities.

...What? Oh yeah, "Seinaru ken" is Japanese too, being the pronunciation of "聖なる剣", meaning "Sacred Sword".

Mod concept: Subspace Evasion

Polarity: Bar

Base cost: 7, perhaps 8.

Upgrade levels: 3

Notes: Alright, this one has been floating around in my head for a while now, and I'm kinda surprised DE hasn't thought of this yet. Basically, this increases the amount of invulnerability time you get from dodge rolls by putting you slightly out-of-phase with reality, allowing physical and energetic objects to pass through you without causing harm. Basically, the evasion skill from Monster Hunter, except quite a bit more tech-y. Obviously, some kind of flashy effect is demanded by a mod with the words "subspace" and "evasion" in it, so to that end it should give the user an almost spectral appearance while invulnerable - complete with a glowing fog-mist-aura sort of thing. Not too strong of course, and fading in/out while entering/exiting invulnerability, otherwise it'll end up being functional but jarring to look at, and no one wants that.

I'll probably be adding more stuff in the future, but feel free to leave some comments on the concepts - any and all feedback is much appreciated, just try to be constructive if you're going to critcise it. Also, I know the Japanese is strong with this one. Better drink my own p!ss.

Edited by CrazyCanadian24

• 3 weeks later...

OH yeah I remember this.... was I really the only one that posted here besides you?........ *feels bad for you* I mean the concepts are ok but I guess people today don't know what reading is....

Edited by PureBeurre

OH yeah I remember this.... was I really the only one that posted here besides you?........ *feels bad for you* I mean the concepts are ok but I guess people today don't know what reading is....

Lol, looks like it. The wall-of-text must be turning them off, but whatever. If they can't sit down for five minutes to read some random sh*t in the off-topic subforum that's their problem, right? [/semirant]

Lol, looks like it. The wall-of-text must be turning them off, but whatever. If they can't sit down for five minutes to read some random sh*t in the off-topic subforum that's their problem, right? [/semirant]

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS THREAD NEEDS!!! CATS!!! NO LAZERS!!! NO BOTH!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

LazorKitteh2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...