Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested/corrupted Warframes

markus230

I was thinking about it for a while, and yesterday I saw this https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/444415-corrupted-warframes-headstart-on-halloween/?hl=%2Bcorrupted+%2Bwarframes I have slightly different idea so I made separate Topic.

We have Orokin Derelicts, not much to do there for now, few Prime Parts, and Dragon Vaults. So I tough it would be cool to get something more. Like broken Vaults, you can open it with any key, inside you could find destroyed by Infestation Warframe Prime bp, and premade (because who would make blueprint how to make broken part) Warframe Prime parts.

You can't use these items to make normal Prime item, but you can build Corrupted (by infestation, not by Void, like Corrupted Mods) Warframe, it would look like normal Prime but it would have some Prime Parts (like Loki Prime elbows) ripped off.

Also, it would be... well... corrupted. For example, Corrupted Loki have less energy and shield + shorter power duration but more HP, Armor and power range (something like pre-installed corrupted mods, so for example you would be unable to put on Overextended because Corrupted Loki already has more power range, you could only use Stretch).

My English is poor so I decided to make it short

Edited by markus230

I like the idea of an infested warframe but have it be its own frame not just a corrupted version of all the exsiting frames.  It could be a melee frame as well.

power 1 could be a leap with an aoe knock down slam

power 2 maybe harpoon grab like the Ancients

power 3 an aoe spore cloud that slows surrounding enemies and makes all in it un targetable from the outside

i have nothing for a 4th off the top of my head and maybe this sounds a bit too much like Valk but still an infested frame based around melee sounds cool imo.

I sorta think of all of our suits as being based off of an alpha infested host. Ours being just the mass produced versions of removed exoskeleton fitted with bio-organic cyberware to allow for us to control them like part of our body. Still it would be interesting to have a version of our suits based more off the orignal infested strain instead of being cleaned up and made more funtional in form like our mass produced variety.

The Prime Version of our armor already come off as the 'Corrupted' version I think, with their heavy use of Orokin gold trim and symbols. I think the Corrupted moniker lends more to the fact that the Neural senty controlling the tower's defense is on the fritz without its Orokin support and is taking over any humans and tech there to help protect itself. It could show that the tower's defense systems were influenced by the sentients but we don't really have any info to support that yet. Still built in mods would be interesting but I worry that it be too similar to the original Arcane Helmets in reception and application and some players still feel very strongly that such benefits shouldn't be encouraged.