Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Crashes Nvidia Display Driver (April 2015)

FrostHunter24

im having this problem too. Seems to be completely random.

--------------------------------------

windows 10 home [64bit]
Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz
Ram [16gb](DDR3-2666)
EVGA Ge-Force GTX 980 4gb FTW ACX 2.0(using factory settings on all but the fans[aggressive])
Rosewill Capstone 750W[80+gold]
Maximus VII Formula
(pcpartpicker says my build only need 379W psu)
nothing is overclocked-i dont know how
---------------------------------------
this is the only game this happens on-
every other game i can max with no problems.

EDIT

-----------------------

today warframe crashed shortly after (within 15 secs) crash report =

WAR-706438

Edited by spartan8440

Getting the same issue no matter what nvidia driver I use and regardless of card. On windows 10 for both PCs one is using a GTX580 and the other is using a GTX960 both are EVGA. 

My PCs are well within specs to run this game and no matter what i'm doing after about 20 minutes to an hour of gameplay i'll get a black screen/driver failure and recovery but the game itself will still be running in the background but I can't get back in. My cards are not overheating and are barely even reaching 60% in their power consumption or above 40c... It's very aggravating. This has been happening ever since I started playing again starting with U18 for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

As the developers from DDU said: changing or disabling TDR value should be used "to help identifying problems".

Use afterburner or Gpu-z and make them write a log file. You might identify the source or narrow down the problem eg. to voltage changes, gpu load, power consumption peaks, memory leaks, Memory Controller Loads, fan problems etc. during that moment you display driver stops working.

QSJD7mY.gif

Edited by carnaga

I would encourage everyone having this issue to open support tickets with DE. They will walk you through a number of stress tests, and collect a variety of data along the way. They may find your issue among this data, but if they do not, as was the case for me, at least its another unresolved Nvidia driver issue brought to their attention. We need to encourage DE to investigate this issue, and the best way to do that is to make sure they are made fully aware that it is happening. Posting to the forums is one thing, but I doubt these cases are read often, especially if they do not make it to the top of the list, but support cases are much more likely monitored by the dev team. Lets get the word out there that this issue is ongoing, and hopefully they will do something to correct it. 

Considering this is a 17 page thread the devs have posted in before, I'm fairly certain they know it exists. I would like to hear from them though regarding it. 

Support stress tests sounds like a good idea though. 

As the developers from DDU said: changing or disabling TDR value should be used "to help identifying problems".

Use afterburner or Gpu-z and make them write a log file. You might identify the source or narrow down the problem eg. to voltage changes, gpu load, power consumption peaks, memory leaks, Memory Controller Loads, fan problems etc. during that moment you display driver stops working.

QSJD7mY.gif

This is also some handy info that might lead to some resolutions. 

• 3 months later...

I only just recently started having this issue. Lost a 10 core/2 extractor Hieracon run to it just now, while running to extract :(. 

Happens on my computer with the 770, but doesn't on my main computer with the 980.

Edited by Cygnus718

On 5/13/2016 at 11:55 AM, Cygnus718 said:

I only just recently started having this issue. Lost a 10 core/2 extractor Hieracon run to it just now, while running to extract :(. 

Happens on my computer with the 770, but doesn't on my main computer with the 980.

Hi Cygnus718, you'll want to make sure that your 770 is using the latest Nvidia drivers. So you want to be on driver version 365.19.
I would also be interested in knowing the temperatures of both cards as you play through these missions. There is a chance your 770 could be running hot.

If you still experience this issue then please submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log.
Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

------
I am going to go ahead and lock this thread since it was created in 2014 and became focused on drivers from over 1 year ago. 
If anyone else happens to come across anything related to this issue then please feel free to start a new thread.