Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Does Not Seem To Be Affected By Electric Shield. (Tonkor Still Glitched Edition)

LascarCapable

Tonked two grineers :

Without electric shield :

vMIg4rb.jpg

With electric shield :

X7SqDbI.jpg

This is definitely glitched, since ES is now supposed to be effective with every weapons. No exceptions.

EDIT : Still glitched. :/

Still glitched since 16.4.5 :

The direct hit itself does not get any bonuses from the shield :

Without shield :

DcSdWG5.jpg

With shield :

HKsqJqZ.jpg

About the explosion, the registeration seems very wierd as you can see below :

With shield :

qkK7t59.jpg

Without shield (notice the number in the minimap)

2LyYr3U.jpg

There's definitely still some work to do. :/

Edited by D20

I suspect the projectile itself (the physical grenade, phase 1) gets the bonus, but the following explosion (boom, phase 2) does not. I'd also suspect this is the case with similarly used weapons: Penta Grenades.

Can anyone confirm so more details can be added - either past bug reports or fresh toasty screens. 

I suspect the projectile itself (the physical grenade, phase 1) gets the bonus, but the following explosion (boom, phase 2) does not. I'd also suspect this is the case with similarly used weapons: Penta Grenades.

Can anyone confirm so more details can be added - either past bug reports or fresh toasty screens. 

I don't recall anything with the penta's interaction with it, and I haven't used the torid at all, but I do recall other explosives, like Ogris (not entirely certain) and Opticor (I know for a fact this was a problem), would not even go through electric shield at all, detonating against it instead. I was actually rather surprised to see a volt firing Tonkor through electric shield and having it pass through at all.

Edit, just tested, ogris passed through, though I didn't test damage. Opticor still detonated against it though.

Edited by Tails-san

From my own experience, Penta grenades do not gain any extra damage from the shield. Then again, I usually aim over the shield and at places with the Penta, not individual targets. So maybe the projectile would get buffed and the explosion does not as Rebecca says.

I will experiment.

Edited by Kalenath

I know the Torid gets the damage bonus to its AoE ticks. Though for some reason the electric damage gets combined either with the corrosive, magnetic or radiation damage component, or with fire, toxic or cold components to create combined components. Not that this is a real issue or anything.

I vaugely recall some threads about Shield detonating the Opticors shot early. On a side note, base/physical damage mods dont seem to affect the damage of the explosion without any elemtental mods equipped.

Ive never heard of any issues with the Penta or Ogris. But then if this is a recent issue there may not be enough people using them for anyone to notice anyway.

Some testing in the Simulacrum against a level 1 Arid Lancer (easiest ranged unit to find).

Tonkor:

A dozen attempts and not a single grenade impact number, only the explosion.

Gave up.

Penta:

Neither the grenade, nor an explosion of a grenade that went through a shield, nor an explosion going through a shield ( Explosion |shield| Target) are affected.

(111 impact on a max Serration + Firestorm grenade, 981 on an explosion.)

Went through a couple dozen (nearly exactly) Lancers, no deviation aside from distance-reduction to the explosion's damage.

Conclusions:

1)

* Either add an Arsenal terminal to the Simulacrum, or

* Give me a shortcut to it, as I have to the Conclave.

Loading through the Relay to the liset and travelling back and forth is... unhelpful.

2)

* Either have a 'repeat last' button in the Simulacrum, or

* Have it remember the last used settings (Filter, scroll-bar location).

Makes repeating a test easier.

=====

Re: Electric Shield + Opticor

Unless changed recently, an Opticor shot going through a shield loses its explosion on impact downrange.

Edit:

Did some quick testing just now with Opticor + Electric Shield.

Further results inconclusive.

It doesn't consistently 'explode' on hitting the shield (although that might've been my accidentally hitting a swinging arm),

and it doesn't consistently do damage to enemies right up against the outside of the shield.

Edited by Chroia

both damege don't get the bonus. and penta too.

but ogris can get the bonus.

Z9pO0Oj.jpg

q9Shx2D.jpg

I don't recall anything with the penta's interaction with it, and I haven't used the torid at all, but I do recall other explosives, like Ogris (not entirely certain) and Opticor (I know for a fact this was a problem), would not even go through electric shield at all, detonating against it instead. I was actually rather surprised to see a volt firing Tonkor through electric shield and having it pass through at all.

Edit, just tested, ogris passed through, though I didn't test damage. Opticor still detonated against it though.

The opticor interacts weirdly with the shield, the Beam will pass threw the shield but the AoE will detonate on the shield. Atleast that is what i have seen but in each case the user had punch threw on their opticor. Just a little side note to what you have already stated

Edited by Litey

As of 16.4.4 Volt Shield does not seem to give consistently the damage bonus so you won't be able to test it until it is fixed.

Regarding my own experience with Volt electric shield and grenade launcher weapons (700 playtime hours for Volt and Volt Prime only), it usually only gives damage bonus to the contact damage if the weapon had any, and no damage bonus to the explosion, exactly as Rebecca stated.

Here's the link to my own thread regarding the issue with the damage bonus : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/450192-1644-removed-volts-electric-shields-normal-multipliers-along-with-the-bugged-ones/

Edited by lukaself

Thanks for all the details everyone - dev is working on this issue.

With all due respect Rebecca.  Are Dev working on making the Tonkor function with Volt's shield AND working to nerf / lower Tonkor's Crit Damage/Damage?  

I really hope the damage isn't nerf'd.  This gun really helps when doing Raids.

With all due respect Rebecca.  Are Dev working on making the Tonkor function with Volt's shield AND working to nerf / lower Tonkor's Crit Damage/Damage?  

I really hope the damage isn't nerf'd.  This gun really helps when doing Raids.

^^ 

Same. I love the Tonkor. D: 

Still glitched since 16.4.5 :

The direct hit itself does not get any bonuses from the shield :

Without shield :

DcSdWG5.jpg

With shield :

HKsqJqZ.jpg

About the explosion, the registeration seems very wierd as you can see below :

With shield :

qkK7t59.jpg

Without shield (notice the number in the minimap)

2LyYr3U.jpg

There's definitely still some work to do. :/