Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Rough Infested Concepts (Return Of The Infected Centipede)

ValhaHazred

Being a big fan of the Infested I've been doodling more forms for them to try and kill us with.

Ancient

infestedancient.jpg

I know the current pallet swap is a placeholder, but I thought I'd do my take on what they could look like. I pictured them as the "lich" to the charger/runners "zombies"

They stride elegantly across the battlefield supporting their lesser brethren, but if you hit the weak spot on their chests they go berserk and become brutal killing machines.

Grineer Runner

infestedgrineer.jpg

Conjoined

A midboss kind of enemy, rarer but more powerful than the Ancients. Only a couple would spawn per level. 

Conjoined Reaper

infestedconjoinedreaper.jpg

It would be kind of an upgrade to the Charger. Slow and plodding when maneuvering, but lethally fast when moving in straight lines. It would attack by kicking with it's upper body or trampling charges.

Conjoined Spider

infestedconjoinedspider.jpg

A massive assassin that rapidly darts across the battlefield, capable of turning invisible and laying speed debuff traps.

Conjoined Centipede

infestedcentipede.jpg

The true powerhouse of the Infected. Slow, but capable of dealing massive damage with it many flailing limbs and lashing tail.

What do you think?

Edited by ValhaHazred

Thanks everyone! Pretty good response for pen doodles I make at work :D

I've actually never played that game :P

I guess there are only so many directions you can go with space zombies.

You should play it >.> its good, all 3 of em. As a matter of fact, im pretty sure thats where DE got the inspiration for the infested >3>

But System Shock is a classic!

It's all academic anyway, the history of the space zombie is long and storied (and full of vile fluids).

eh, i guess. I prefer my classic horror games with lots of bad voice acting and jill sandwiches P:<

Edited by Reaver_X

Ancient Wraith

infestedpage5.jpg

These rare beings float above the battlefield hurling psionic missiles at the enemies of the Infested.

Pupae

infestedpage2.jpg

Large floating sacks that protect their precious cargo with flailing poisonous tendrils.

Nauseous Crawler

infestedpage1.jpg

These disgusting Infection Forms are so corpulent they can barely move. Larger but tougher than the current version.

Wrecker

infestedpage3.jpg

This dangerous creature has been twisted by the Technocyte into a living wrecking ball.

Loper

infestedpage4.jpg

Meh. This looks more like something that should be driving Investigators of the Cthulhu Mythos insane, but I'm posting it anyway!

I really like the centipede and the wrecker designs. I could see the wrecker working similar to the chargers in Left 4 Dead 2, where he would charge in and assault the team, except instead of a grab he has a knockback swing.