Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality of Life Checklist

astrobird

why hello there fellow warframe players!

I understand that there are many changes that should be or need to be made in the game to make it more enjoyable. These changes are not necessarily bug-fixing (which is the first and utmost priority of course) but rather small systemic tweaks to passively enhance your gameplay.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a sort of checklist for SMALL changes to the UI, battle system, physics engine, or overall game that the powers that be can take a gander at and go 'Oh let's work on that one! that one looks easy to do!"

The point of this list is to NOT complain, but to give LITTLE ideas for LITTLE changes to make OUR experience more enjoyable.

THAT MEANS 'BE REASONABLE'

This is a complaint: "I don't like how there is no PvP, add it to the list."

This is NOT a complaint: "We really need to have a means of navigating the solar map without leaving a game."

If we end up preaching to the choir, I'll be striking out portions of the list that have been addressed.

Let's start the list.

User Interface

- More noticeable Shield Breaks

- Cleaner UI by way of removing as many numbers from the screen as possible. Bars would be nice. Sidenote: Damage indicators still pop up. But for the most part, the game should be less visually numbercrunching. Alternatively, have the actual number values on the bottom or inside the bars.

- Non-stacking windows (I.E. Make the tabs ACTUAL TABS.)

- Add a quantity slider when purchasing consumables

- Drag and drop interface for item pouch

- Method of marking mods and items for selling or keeping, as well as a quick sell option or a selling button in the mod installation/skilltree

- Make navigating the solar map possible without leaving the squad

- Keep player information (frame loadouts, color schemes, etc.) on a server.

- Include the current sub-objective when the Q menu item is brought up

Environments and Enemies

- Scale enemies through other means than HP and shields. (i.e. on low difficulties and levels, MOAs have TERRIBLE accuracy, but at anything higher than level 15, their accuracy is almost pinpoint)

- Give the Greenier a gimmick other than being obscenely hard to kill. (i.e. give the melee guys shields, or give them slower armored robots like the corpus)

- Make decompression cause the AI to try and fix it Sidenote: AFTER A DELAY

- Make decompression suck out an enemy or two when it occurs, or at least deal initial damage to enemies. Sidenote: this make cracking the windows an actual tactical choice, not a goof-up on your end.

- Make alerts cell centric, not map-wide, to allow an easier time for stealth Suggestion: Make the alert time sensitive, that way if the player fails to kill the group of alerted enemies, the alert will spread to an adjacent cell.

- More mid-mission events (a change in plans, a surprise bossfight, a race to the extraction point)

- Make an alternative to hacking to liven things up (i.e. shooting the console or breaking down the door manually) Sidenote: bear in mind, Loki is not a definitive rebuttal to this.

- Increase the amount of ammo gained from rifle ammo drops to something reasonable, or increase their regularity Sidenote: But still keep the ammo amounts somewhat scare to encourage less flippant firing.

Combat

- Make the slide deal miniscule damage to an opponent, or trip/stagger them

- Make everyone's first ability able to be used right off the bat with a warframe. Sidenote: this is to avoid that stupid grace period between when you can actually try out a frame and when you can have fun with one.

- Add a crouching attack to melees

- Make a buffer between your shield breaks and signifigant HP damage (Case in point, even if you eat Jackal's grenade point blank, it will ALWAYS leave you at positive HP. (this is to prevent instagibbing, which is the number one cause of anti-fun) Sidenote: the buffer will keep you at a LOW hp, but not a SURVIVABLE amount. Long cooldown

- Add a grenade power, mod, or inventory item

- Make each stage hazard do something just as signifigant as ice. (fire hazards need to be everywhere, exploding rounds need to have a more noticeable effect, etc.)

- Have additional environmental hazards (i.e. decompressed room, turret alley, etc.)

- Make your frame go transluscent while aiming crouched.

- Add extra hazards to Infested stages. (i.e. make the cucumbers do something, make the ship more horrifyingly alive, make the clouds of spaceplague do stuff other than look neat)

- Make the roll have a purpose (i.e it offers a brief period of invincibility at the cost of an increased period of vulnerability at the end of the roll)

- Improve affinity gain via special techiniques. (Headshots get you affinity, as does killing multiple enemies with one attack, etc.)

Think your tweak wasn't mentioned? Leave it in a comment below, and if I don't add it, then you can always ask.

DON'T SKIP OUT ON READING, YOU PLEBIANS.

REMEMBER. FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME.

Changelog:

-Removed hotly refuted items

-Clarification added on a few items

- Added some items.

Edited by astrobird

Nix the cover system idea, it is a slow paced system for a fast paced game.

I really really like the idea of slide tripping. Transparant frame on close camera is a necessity as well. You're spot on about the UI. All I want to see now is weapons having specific applications, something like Bo staff being able to knock enemies in the air and fist weapons could do multiple air hits or something like that.

Exploding Rounds as a stage effect needs to have little piles of ammo that randomly shoot and can damage player/NPC. They are indeed ammo piles, but for the moment they only exist as hot coals. If you're going to do that make the whole map "the floor is lava."

Actually, just add a mode in which the floor really is lava. That would be the best gametype ever.

Larger bosses, I had heard people talking about wanting a large Osprey boss. That would be amazing, he could shoot out little ospreys or something , mines everywhere. Would be disgusting.

Buff ash, bladestorm should be a bit smarter rather than saying "invalid target" whenever my crosshair is just a hair off. Also bladestorm should be able to teleport you to the first enemy in range no matter what. There is a room with 3 bridges side by side, you can activate bladestorm from the middle and it won't go over to the other bridge, it will just eat your energy. I tried this multiple times to confirm.

Incentivised rewards system for drops based on co-operation/style. People should be rewarded for doing well and using the mechanics around them. I know you are rewarded simply by staying alive, but the amount of fun that could generate would be great.

Other than that I really have no qualms.

EDIT:

Forgot to add a few things.

-A limited use cash shop item that lets you open a certain number of lockers.

-More vertical levels, some being heavily influenced by platforming. Possibly even platforming based puzzles for premade games with a few players.

-Add the option to cancel a heavy charged melee attack. If you know the attack isn't going to hit by the spacing you should be able to drop the attack.

-More fist weapons.

-Maybe some novelty weapons. Baseball Bat with the charge animation of the new axe and hammer. Should do terrible damage and mostly be cosmetic.

Edited by Rude_

Nice list of user submitted suggestions, but whats with the barrels not exploding from melee? You can easily avoid that by just shooting it in the first place.

The cover system is really up to the devs on how they want to pace the game.

And I think the menu UI should be put off until PVE, combat, and maps are expanded.

Edited by Tetsmeha

Combat

-Increase the grenade fuse timers to at least 4-5s. {it's just too quick, they throw it and it explodes after what, 2 seconds? That is mental! even if we had grenade warning indicators, I doubt we'd be able to get away in time}

One thing about giving invincibility to warframes while rolling around though, I think there should be either a somewhat lengthy recovery time after the first roll, or some sort of "stamina bar" so we won't be rolling our way through the enemies 24/7. I can so see it being overused, it'd look very silly.

Combat

-Increase the grenade fuse timers to at least 4-5s. {it's just too quick, they throw it and it explodes after what, 2 seconds? That is mental! even if we had grenade warning indicators, I doubt we'd be able to get away in time}

One thing about giving invincibility to warframes while rolling around though, I think there should be either a somewhat lengthy recovery time after the first roll, or some sort of "stamina bar" so we won't be rolling our way through the enemies 24/7. I can so see it being overused, it'd look very silly.

I forgot to mention that in my response to this post too. Invincibility frames won't be good for this game. Instead, the enemy AI should delay their aim occasionally.

Also, an attack for the roll, I always end up rolling instead of sprint sliding :(

Almost forgot

User Interface

-A proper reply system and quick access to Contacts window.

It can be very frustrating when someone is PMing you in the middle of a game, not only you don't properly see it in the main chat window {instead it keeps going to the Contacts chat window} but also you have no way of talking to them outside the Contacts chat window without crippling your game. So how about a quick reply shortcut key and chat commands such as "/whisper [name]" to talk to someone and "/group" to get back to the group chat. Seems there's already a way, I wasn't paying enough attention apparently. :x

@Tetsmeha: Agreed. And yeah attacking while rolling should initiate some sort of impaling the enemy {blades} or smacking them up in the air {Frigor/Scindo/Furax} animation, that would be perfect {kind of like in the Jedi Academy: http://youtu.be/GcHLhxt9RZw?t=31s}

Also

Combat

-Finishing Moves or executions. For when you have knocked down an enemy and can't do anything to him other than jumpattacks or just shooting, we could just impale or smash them on the ground, why not? {Could also suggest various alternate killing animations for taking out enemies with very little health but I can see how it might be detrimental to the fast-paced combat}

Edited by CapricaSix

Interface: make the minimap visible even while aiming.

This is super anoying if you have enemy radar, you get used to it and start to feel blind every time you aim.

There should be a drawback on line of sight when aiming, as in, you should lose some vision so you cant see whats going on directly next to you (this is good) but dont take away them ini map D:

The ability to buy multiple consumables at once.

I like the fact that if you have surplus consumables in your inventory, they will automatically be replaced if you use them in a mission. but buying spare health and ammo packs 1 at a time, going through 3 prompts at a time is a massive pain in the arse!

I agree with a lot of your points, barring some like the cover system. Honestly I believe that many of your points are just due to the game being in an early state.

And I think the menu UI should be put off until PVE, combat, and maps are expanded.

Not at all. In fact UI should be the first thing they improve as that is what everybody will be experiencing and using almost all the time. Start with the menu UI then go into combat UI. For a start make the chatbox available everywhere in the menu and accessible at the same time. We need to be able to respond to people and our friends and frankly, the current chatbox is pretty underwhelming.

I think many of the things that make Grineer more difficult than Corpus is the fact that their projectiles hit almost the instant they are fired, whereas Corpus rounds move at a slower velocity and actually can be dodged rather easily. I've noticed at higher difficulties, enemies fire in longer bursts, to deliver more damage in one attack. This leaves the two factions stacked in difficulty even more, as no matter how many rounds the Corpus fire at you, you can simply outrun them by strafing.

I would suggest making the Grineer less armoured than the Corpus. This at least balances out the two factions, as opposed to Grineer infantry being vastly superior to anything Corpus. You could argue that the Grineer armour looks too bulky to explain poor armour; I would argue that the Grineer are scavengers and pirates, and probably threw a bunch of salvage together to create minimal bullet defence.

Nay, I propose a simple solution to this problem; give the Corpus shields! They're an advanced race, they use plasma/pulse/laser weaponry and cybernetics; why wouldn't they have shield technology at this point? It seems hardly efficient to give them an almost impenetrable face-shield and leave the rest of their bodies exposed. This would also bring them up on-par with Grineer difficulty, almost.

Edited by Swizzlestix

And another little suggestion to make the Infested more difficult;

I know it's been done to death, but make infestation more prevailant in different parts of the ship. Those clouds/clusters of infested glowing insects flying around some rooms? Make them actually *hurt* you or 'cling' to you on contact, and the only way to avoid them is by getting out of their way as soon as possible. Make entire rooms almost 'irradiated' where you can't stay in them for too long without taking damage. Maybe even implement a static mob, like a tumorous growth, that irradiates a room and doesn't stop until it's destroyed (much like the cameras and laser gates).This encourages players to try more tactical approaches, gives them insentive to just sneak through these areas quickly without stopping to engage enemies, or simply luring enemies out into the prior room; all these strategies at least prevent the usual 'dash and slash' strategy most players adopt for the Infested.

If they stopped throwing those hulking Ancients everywhere in the levels and calling it 'harder difficulty' and implimented these two systems instead, I'd call it diversity!

I dont get all the people that are against a cover system...

Don't you find yourself hiding behind a corner when a room is full of tough enemies, walking slightly out of it, aiming shooting, and then walking back to the corner? Why does this have to be manual?

Why not add an option to look around a corner while aiming, I dont see how this will hurt the action oriented gameplay.

I dont get all the people that are against a cover system...

Don't you find yourself hiding behind a corner when a room is full of tough enemies, walking slightly out of it, aiming shooting, and then walking back to the corner? Why does this have to be manual?

Why not add an option to look around a corner while aiming, I dont see how this will hurt the action oriented gameplay.

I do find myself doing what you're saying (peeking around corners), which is why it's not necessary for me! You can simply hit H (or whatever key you've set it to) to swap which shoulder the camera is looking over, if you're looking from the other side. The thing people don't like about a cover system is that it tends to be sticky. You find yourself pinned to a wall and, say, you had the urge to suddenly run left; it would likely take a second or two for your space-samurai to un-stick from the wall. It's not quite as fast-paced and fluid as someone who might like to perform aerial manoeuvres might like.

I would say at least assign a cover system to a specific key, so that players who prefer not using it don't have to deal with it if they don't want to. A couple of games I've played in the past with a cover-system have been automatic, where they drag your character if he so much as touches a wall (that could considered 'cover') against it. At least assigning a key to it allows players who want to use it, to use it, and players who don't, don't have to worry about sprinting around corners without finding themselves pinned to said corner like his life depended on it.

More is better, and if it doesn't affect your gameplay, I say why not?

I think people that say a cover system is sticky are too narrow minded, or maybe have played like, 1 or 2 games with a cover system... It doesnt have to be sticky at all.

If I remember correctly, Deus Ex: Human Revolution had a great cover system, it didnt stick you anywhere. It just made your character get closer to the wall when your close, and if you move away you just move away, just like that. no sticky system or anything, but still you could take cover and shoot around covers or above crates and such. the second you want to get away from the wall all you have to do is press that direction and you move as if you werent in cover at all.

Oh boy this is a long one. Also since apparently there's a max number of quote boxes per post, everything that's Bold+Underlines is a quote from the OP. Here we go!

- Cleaner UI by way of removing as many numbers from the screen as possible. Bars would be nice.

What do you mean? Where should they remove numbers from? I like knowing how much HP and Energy I have. I like knowing how much damage I'm dealing. Numbers are a good thing. Of course there should be an option to disable some things.

- Environmental Hazard indicators (Grenade warning, decompression warning, fire warning, etc.)

The only thing I agree with here is some sort of Grenade indicator, or at least make grenades more visible. However if you don't notice the decompression effects or fire then you're probably blind.

- quickuse bar or method for items

I used to think this was a good idea, but I came to the following realization and changed my mind. If they added a quick bar for health or shield consumables, all the challenge would be lost. It would turn into Diablo 2 style potion guzzling. I love it when I see my shields pop and my health drop and I enter panic mode trying to find a safe place so I can grab a shield booster before I get flanked.

- add in damage indicators for changes in effectiveness. (i.e. changing damage number colors)

Adding a rainbow of colours to the damage numbers would just be distracting. An optional toggle would be fine, of course. Nothing wrong with extra options.

- Make decompression cause the AI to try and fix it

This would either result in instant decompression fixes (as the AI doesn't have to hack consoles) or will result in unfair player deaths as the AI hogs the only console in the room for X amount of seconds. I think decompression is fine the way it is, especially since it's because 99% of the time it's the player's fault, so it should be the player fixing it.

- Make alerts cell centric, not map-wide, to allow an easier time for stealth

I sort of disagree here. It should be the current room and, if you fail to kill the alerted group after 2-3 seconds, adjacent rooms. Because while they aren't reaching the console and activating the ship-wide alarm, they still have radios and can warn other units.

- Make an alternative to hacking to liven things up (i.e. shooting the console or breaking down the door manually)

Well Loki can use Decoy -> Switch Teleport to phase through the wall, does that count? :P

- Increas the amount of ammo gained from rifle ammo drops to something reasonable, or increase their regularity

I'd say 25, max of 30 per drop. Ammo is supposed to be scarce.

- Make the slide deal miniscule damage to an opponent, or trip them

A mini-stagger would be neat, but anything more than that would be abused.

- give the roll invincibility frames to make it useful

Noooooope. What rolling should do is either reduce the accuracy of enemies shooting at you while you're rolling, or give you a small evade chance. Guaranteed invincibilty frames would just be silly and overpowered. Also you can use the current roll to avoid staggers (I'm not sure if you're stagger immune or just resistant, but either way it works)

- have stamina either recharge faster, last longer, or have an adverse effect if overtaxed (basically, choose if you want to make stamina matter or not)

Currently stamina is your sprint meter. Every game with limited sprint has one, they just don't always show it to you. I like seeing how much sprint I have at any given moment, and I'm fine with how long it lasts.

- Make the aerial attack into a slash, while the drop attack is a heavy melee in the air.

What would be the point of an aerial slash? If they made it stronger than a regular slash, you would just see people jump-slashing. If they made it weaker nobody would use it. If they made it the same, again, what's the point? There's no need to clutter up the melee controls with unnecessary combos.

- Make a buffer between your shield breaks and signifigant HP damage (Case in point, even if you eat Jackal's grenade point blank, it will ALWAYS leave you at positive HP. (this is to prevent instagibbing, which is the number one cause of anti-fun)

Jackal fires a salvo of missiles that usually arc up into the air and explode all around him (you dodge these by breaking line of sight with one of the pillars). The problem is if you're right on top of him then the entire salvo explodes in your face before they go up. So even this hypothetical buffer would only block one or two of the missiles, because it would view those as "significant" damage while the other missiles are additional damage sources that it shouldn't block (because that would be silly blocking several instances of damage). So this buffer doesn't really solve anything, and would make fighting other enemies (Grineer Napalm, Grenadier) extremely easy since you could essentially tank one of their shots using this buffer. So really what needs to be fixed is Jackal's missiles, and have them no-collide and unable to explode for the first few meters they travel.

- Make exploding barrels NOT go off when struck by a melee attack (or, alternatively, make sure they NEVER spawn near storage crates.)

Think before you swing. It's not hard to only hit a storage container that's next to a barrel.

- Cover system

No. Nononononono. A thousand times no. A cover system encourages players to stick to corners and waist-high walls instead of encouraging movement, which is one of the greatest things about Warframe. People need to come to terms with the fact that you don't need a cover system in third person shooters, and that they can actually be detrimental to the game.

- Make the aerial attack into a slash, while the drop attack is a heavy melee in the air.

What would be the point of an aerial slash? If they made it stronger than a regular slash, you would just see people jump-slashing. If they made it weaker nobody would use it. If they made it the same, again, what's the point? There's no need to clutter up the melee controls with unnecessary combos.

I dunno about you, but sometimes I just want to jump and mellee without having to wait two/three seconds for my spacesamurai to recover from sticking his weapon into the ground. Maybe a high-kick to stumble enemies and interrupt attacks, without doing any damage?

- Make a buffer between your shield breaks and signifigant HP damage (Case in point, even if you eat Jackal's grenade point blank, it will ALWAYS leave you at positive HP. (this is to prevent instagibbing, which is the number one cause of anti-fun)

-snip-

I think at the moment, the fact that any single shot can one-shot a player makes this sound like a pretty good idea. At least then it'd be at least two shots before you're downed, and you can't blame anyone but yourself for it.

The first shot should be a warning, no doubt. I'd say losing your entire shield would be a good slap on the wrists for not noticing sooner. Let's say that after this initial shot, the buffer has been expended for, say, 60 seconds, so that players can't just abuse it by hiding behind cover and rushing in once the shield's replenished. At least from then on, if you get totalled by another grenade, or following enemy fire, you can't honestly say you could have done nothing about it. You had plenty of warning that something devastating was firing on you, and had the perfect chance to find cover; if you died, it means you ignored all those warnings and deserved it.

If players are still going to try and exploit the buffer, wait 60 seconds for their buffer to return so they can get one initial extra tank-hit, then they're in for some slow-&#! boring gameplay and I pity their tactical choices.

Edited by Swizzlestix

I dunno about you, but sometimes I just want to jump and mellee without having to wait two/three seconds for my spacesamurai to recover from sticking his weapon into the ground. Maybe a high-kick to stumble enemies and interrupt attacks, without doing any damage?

I think at the moment, the fact that any single shot can one-shot a player makes this sound like a pretty good idea. At least then it'd be at least two shots before you're downed, and you can't blame anyone but yourself for it.

The first shot should be a warning, no doubt. I'd say losing your entire shield would be a good slap on the wrists for not noticing sooner. Let's say that after this initial shot, the buffer has been expended for, say, 60 seconds, so that players can't just abuse it by hiding behind cover and rushing in once the shield's replenished. At least from then on, if you get totalled by another grenade, or following enemy fire, you can't honestly say you could have done nothing about it. You had plenty of warning that something devastating was firing on you, and had the perfect chance to find cover; if you died, it means you ignored all those warnings and deserved it.

If players are still going to try and exploit the buffer, wait 60 seconds for their buffer to return so they can get one initial extra tank-hit, then they're in for some slow-&#! boring gameplay and I pity their tactical choices.

But nothing in my experience is a one-shot kill. Jackal fires a large volley, so it's multiple shots concentrated on your face (IF you're hugging him). Napalms and Grenadiers do hefty damage, but if you have decent shields and health (i.e. not on the verge of death) then you will survive. Same with regular grenades. All a buffer will do is hold a players hand and make the game too easy.

edit--

IYou could argue that the Grineer armour looks too bulky to explain poor armour; I would argue that the Grineer are scavengers and pirates, and probably threw a bunch of salvage together to create minimal bullet defence.

From here we get this:

Vast in numbers, the Grineer have expanded their vile empire from Earth outward to all sectors of the solar system. Once the Grineer rediscovered cloning technology, they seized control of Earth through sheer numbers.

While they may be at the height of power, the Grinner army is in bodily decay and their features are increasingly primitive as a result of continuous cloning. As such, the Grineer are forced to use technology as a crutch for their genetic deterioration.

So your arguement makes no sense.

Edited by ArcanumMBD

I like this thread. I want to say something too:

A good reason to use melee weapons.

Maybe if I'd actually run out of ammo sometime and needed my sword.

I once took a snipetron and afuris with me. The snipetron took long time to reload and afuris was out of ammo in no time. So I had to use melee time to time. It balanced things out quite nicely.

But usually I have a burston and a bronco with me. I don't have to worry about ammo at all. It leaves me thinking why would I be carrying a sword or maybe even a hammer with me.

Melee weapons don't deal much damage, they're pretty slow and they've got a short range...

I don't even have to buy ammo as I get that for free, so I don't see a reason to use guns less frequently.

So are the melee weapons in this game just for the looks or something?

Just give me a good reason to have a huge hammer with me while I've also got an assault rifle and a pair of pistols with good amount of ammo for them.

I mean, change the game so that they've got a good reason to be in.

For example; more XP from melee kills, less ammo for ranged weapons, gain shields, health, energy or stamina with melee weapons. Or maybe if it was possible to 'equip' melee weapons we could move faster. Or be more agile and jump higher or skill costs were reduced... or.. something.

As far as I know, you'd be carrying a sword or some other similiar melee weapon with you, would be that if you really did not have anything better at hand.

OR if you knew that you're facing so many enemies, that carrying enough bullets would weight a ton and you consider yourself really agile and don't want to slow yourself down with all other armaments and generally want to keep your loadout light so you could then actually be a bullet dodging ninja.

Cover system

I say no to that, I don't want the game to engourage people to use cover. I don't want this game to go to that direction, when we're just shooting from behind a cover at enemies that also are ducking behind a cover.

But the thing is, that at the moment the game actually engourages use of cover.

We've got guns, so do our enemies. Also those enemies are often behind a cover. Why wouldn't you stay in the cover yourself as well?

Change the game so that we've got more aggressive enemies. Really aggressive. Enemies that will come to get you out from your cover. They have to be much more aggressive. Also they need grenades. They got those already, that's a good thing.

Warframe should be a game where you CAN'T stay in the cover, you'd have to be on the move, DODGING bullets. Otherwise players are simply engouraged to stay behind a cover and want a cover system implemented to Warframe.

I like this thread. I want to say something too:

A good reason to use melee weapons.

Maybe if I'd actually run out of ammo sometime and needed my sword.

I once took a snipetron and afuris with me. The snipetron took long time to reload and afuris was out of ammo in no time. So I had to use melee time to time. It balanced things out quite nicely.

But usually I have a burston and a bronco with me. I don't have to worry about ammo at all. It leaves me thinking why would I be carrying a sword or maybe even a hammer with me.

Melee weapons don't deal much damage, they're pretty slow and they've got a short range...

I don't even have to buy ammo as I get that for free, so I don't see a reason to use guns less frequently.

So are the melee weapons in this game just for the looks or something?

Just give me a good reason to have a huge hammer with me while I've also got an assault rifle and a pair of pistols with good amount of ammo for them.

I mean, change the game so that they've got a good reason to be in.

It's not about what will have you playing the game at "optimum efficiency," it's about choice. I use melee combat as often as I can because it's fun, it looks nice, and it feels satisfying. Would I be safer and more efficient gunning people down from far away with my gorgon? Absolutely, but that's boring. The game shouldn't have to hold your hand into trying new things and finding a gameplay style that suits you. Play the game your way and have fun with it.

But nothing in my experience is a one-shot kill. Jackal fires a large volley, so it's multiple shots concentrated on your face (IF you're hugging him). Napalms and Grenadiers do hefty damage, but if you have decent shields and health (i.e. not on the verge of death) then you will survive. Same with regular grenades. All a buffer will do is hold a players hand and make the game too easy.

By allowing players one extra hit a minute between their shields breaking and damage running into health, I can't see it really doing that much hand-holding, especially not if no amount of damage in-game at current is that devastating as you so mentioned. If people didn't think it was a problem, there wouldn't be a thread on it, you know?

From here we get this:

So your arguement makes no sense.

That doesn't actually imply their armour is any more functional than what I mentioned, just that they require some sort of supportive frame to stop their cloned forms from simply succombing to gravity. So they took over Earth; big deal, doesn't make them any more efficient at building armour than the next scavenger would be. The term 'rediscovered' indicates that they didn't even develop the cloning technology their superiority depends on; indicating once more that they don't have any real technological or engineering prowess, just picking up tools and equipment from forgotten races.

It's not about what will have you playing the game at "optimum efficiency," it's about choice. I use melee combat as often as I can because it's fun, it looks nice, and it feels satisfying. Would I be safer and more efficient gunning people down from far away with my gorgon? Absolutely, but that's boring. The game shouldn't have to hold your hand into trying new things and finding a gameplay style that suits you. Play the game your way and have fun with it.

So it's too much asked for both efficient and fun?

EDIT: Now I got it. How about if each warframe had their own skill trees, others focusing on melee and others on ranged weapons and some on skills and so on? Like rhino could gain some amount of hp per each critical hit with a melee weapon while with some other warframe after getting 3 headhots in a row your next shot deals triple damage. Something like this. Awesome, right?

Edited by Kaiku