Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Ridiculous Damage

King_Lief

Sooo... Apparently the Tonkor is so ridiculously overpowered that with my build it hit a 36 million crit earlier.

This was done with only an Eclipse currently active, and I had NO strength mods on. The Eclipse was Rank 2.

Begin speculation on whether or not DE actually tests weapons.

No, the weapon itself is awesome, but there seems to be some sort of bug in the way crit damage is calculated. Those numbers are WAY off their mark, and besides, Tonkor will be great even when it'll do its "ordinary" hundreds of thousands of damage :)

Your case was a certain situation/bug. Vectis can get absolutely ridiculous if you shoot through a bunch of volt shields, while vex armor gives max damage buff, with eclipse, and resonance stacking. Any weapon can get very high damage numbers given the right situation. DE probably has a projected damage graph for a weapon given with the best mods possible on it. Also, the tonkor has its checks and balances so I don't think its unbalanced.

Edited by Luxifer

so much nerf stuff.... i always read and read these kind of threads till we get the nerf.. and then i ask my self... those people that wanted a nerf.. do these people actually play the game for long periods? do they enjoy the game ?

This game sometimes calls about logic... please tell me if you use a grenade launcher IRL how much damage can you cause?

Look at all those people who cry about nerf. Balance is a must. No if or but no nothing. Yes DE has nerfed to the ground some weapons but it is no excuse to keep obviously OP weapon as is. And no buffing every single weapon is much much more difficult and will cause many more balancing problems.

A single Tonkor shot does roughly 42.5k damage ( all damage types combined - fully modded for damage, 6 Forma required, not there yet ).

A single Penta shot does roughly 13k damage per shot on my fully damage modded 6 Forma one.

Fire rate with Tonkor : 2 shots per second, 2 shots per mag, 2.0s reload time = 2 shots per 4 seconds = 1 shot per 2 seconds

Fire rate with Penta : 1 shot per second, 6 shots per mag ( with Wildfire ), 2.5s reload time = 6 shots per 8.5 seconds = 1 shot per 1.4 seconds

While the Tonkor deals much more damage per shot but also more damage per second it has its downsides - Penta shots can be detonated at will right at the enemies head - Tonkor shots must be aimed and will not explode on target if you dont hit the enemy.

For certain tasks Tonkor just wrecks mobs ( e.g. Infested Defense ) for other tasks it cant be used at all ( I suppose ). Furthermore the Tonkor finally might be a grenade launcher that supports active gameplay instead of just standing around but modding it for this will cost you a lot of its damage. See Mogamus video - what he says describes the Tonkor well.

Personally I think it feels very fun to use. If there is a ballance issue than there are a lot of weapons to fix first IMHO. Knowing that DE is fast at nerfing but slow at fixing things I hope the Tonkor does not get touched. Underpowered weapons like Buzlok dont get fixed to make them viable even though people raised their complains when it was released - so since underpowered weapons dont get improved then also please leave the overpowered ones alone. The underpowered ones are broken from the point of release - dont get the working ones broken afterwards. I am glad they finally released a weapon which is usable at all again and not pure vendor trash. Especially since the syndicate weapons make it hard for any new weapon to compete at all.

Do a ballance iteration on all weapons but dont just nerf and not bring other beautiful weapons with their own unique mechanics not to par please.

A last note - finally those bombards will experience how it feels to be on the wrong side of a grenade launcher :)

Edited by AdFinitum

Weapons that make more than 2 million damage are game breaking. They need to be fixed regardless.

As far as I know Bows deal damage in the million range as well and I dont have the feeling they are unbalanced or break the game. And a grenade launcher seems to be more devastating than a bow to me as well.

( I am fine with anything that is neccessary for ballancing - but nerfing anything while underpowered things rot is not ballancing )

Edited by AdFinitum

Don't bother forma-ing or catalyst-ing it. They are just going to make it utterly worthless, like everything else they nerf. It's better to pick a middle-of-the-road weapon and stick with it and hope it never gets noticed by anyone (I fear the Quanta is on the road to ruin now that everyone is playing with the Vandal), or just jump on the Soma/Boltor Prime bandwagon, since those are the only two immune to nerfs.

Edited by CHunterX

I wonder why no one tested it. Oh wait, we did. It's gonna be nerfed, It should be nerfed because its op as all hell, and you gotta be lying to yourself in hardcore denial if you think otherwise, but man, how that stuff slipped the devs?

It really isn't. But I suppose it should have the same damage as a soma or something, and just keep it's 1/20 the ammo, limited range, and flight speed + peculiar aiming mechanics. I mean it isn't like any of that should be made up for in a separate area.

Weapons that make more than 2 million damage are game breaking. They need to be fixed regardless.

Banshee, mirage, would both like to speak to you.

They bring the opticor, dread, vaykor marelok, brakk, ogris, sudacora, and Lanka to demonstrate the capability to reach ten million. 

Don't kid yourself people.Tonkor will get a nerf or in DE's term "fixed". 

With all the screenshots that show ridiculous damage figures (while conveniently not showing how many buffs you got or whether the enemy has resonance or MP etc), it will happen, eventually.

I just pray DE doesn't touch the ammo and it's QOL abilities like low self damage and rocket jump.

Edited by fatpig84