Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor Ridiculous Damage

King_Lief

personally i find balance threads amusing.

for true balance to be achieved the game must have complete homogenization, where everything does the exact same dps as everything else.

if DE ever actually did that then the tears would be endless about how making more than one weapon is useless because everything does the same dps and how the game is ruined.  "i have a rifle, all rifles do equal dps, why should i ever make another one??"  

people have no idea what they really want. they just see big numbers and are like "omg, i better go post on the forums!" 

Edited by Suthurn

Sooo... Apparently the Tonkor is so ridiculously overpowered that with my build it hit a 36 million crit earlier.

This was done with only an Eclipse currently active, and I had NO strength mods on. The Eclipse was Rank 2.

Begin speculation on whether or not DE actually tests weapons.

Try to beat that

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/442234-penta-love-numbers/?p=4909417

I wonder why no one tested it. Oh wait, we did. It's gonna be nerfed, It should be nerfed because its op as all hell, and you gotta be lying to yourself in hardcore denial if you think otherwise, but man, how that stuff slipped the devs?

Oh noes a crit bug! NERF DIS WEAPON. DE please ignore the crit bug and nerf this weapon! I hate anything mildly useful!

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SOMA P AND BOLTOR P! Nothing should infringe on their claim to supremacy!

*Sarcasm*

Edited by Aoden

Weapons that make more than 2 million damage are game breaking. They need to be fixed regardless.

Not paying attention very well are we? That's a bug in calculation, and it requires a very specific circumstance to happen. And let's be honest. There are warframes that can do this much easier that need to be looked at way before the tonkor gets touched. Excalibur can make any melee weapon deal well over 100k damage. That's not broken? I love it, but that's definitely something to look at. Banshee+nova can make quite a few guns deal anywhere from 100k to 1 million damage. Never been looked at. 

Don't bother forma-ing or catalyst-ing it. They are just going to make it utterly worthless, like everything else they nerf. It's better to pick a middle-of-the-road weapon and stick with it and hope it never gets noticed by anyone (I fear the Quanta is on the road to ruin now that everyone is playing with the Vandal), or just jump on the Soma/Boltor Prime bandwagon, since those are the only two immune to nerfs.

I have to keep telling people this. Any weapon has the potential DPS needed to play pretty much the entire game, minus endless missions. And if you've ever played an endless mission to past 60, you know that DPS doesn't do S#&$ for you. It becomes a warframe power/gimmick fest, with a heavy reliance on procs.  Forma it if you enjoy it. Doesn't matter what they do to it, it'll still work. Hell, if they reduced the damage by half it'd still be one of the better weapons out there, simply because it has a secondary function, AND in my personal opinion is incredibly fun to use. 

TL;DR? DPS doesn't matter. Use what you like using.

Edited by Psychus

Tonkor seems to always get headshots on the explosion, so you combine that with its high crit chance and you get 4x damage on explosions. This weapon completes my headshot mission quest very quickly.

Edited by Stardrinker

The people who complain about high dmg weapons never bring these into HIGH LEVEL MISSIONS....this gun may do alot of dmg...which is good i mean 2 shots per clip.....the grenades can EASILY MISS the enemies....personally im enjoying this gun...alot, finally some change to using soma prime or boltor prime all the time....HAVE SOME FUN AND PLAY WITH THIS GUN.....dont take the dam fun away from people all the freaking time.

*puts soma and boltor prime on the shelf* finally some change!

I am beginning to think that some people just enjoy ruining other peoples fun.

If they can spam the forum with enough calls for a nerf, when it comes they then gloat over how much fun they have had ruining other peoples fun.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

Pete Sake folks, this weapon for its high crit dmg has its downsides...

Reload time, 2 ammo per clip and small ammo pool

Also it has an arc and travel time. Goodluck on getting a hit from enemies, especially flying ones >->

Did I mention it can't be self detonated?

Sadly the next update will only fix the frinedly blow up on the weapon, so now on only the user will bounce around.

This something I expect v-v

I am beginning to think that some people just enjoy ruining other peoples fun.

If they can spam the forum with enough calls for a nerf, when it comes they then gloat over how much fun they have had ruining other peoples fun.

1292584608802.jpg

Edited by Fionntan

I wouldn't mind if they fixed that 500k - 1mil damage crit bug first, because that is most certainly beyond the range of damage that can be calculated for the thing (and even all crit-based weapons as far as I've seen). But even then, the balancing between pros and cons are still open for debate.

I personally think it's fine with how punishing it is to miss with this thing, and it can be pretty tough to land grenades considering the arc-ing, travel time, and the cone accuracy deviation of the grenade path esp. with Heavy Caliber. Though if a nerf is inevitable, I'd say just reduce the crit damage multiplier to 2.0x.

Edited by Sonitorum

Nah the weapon's damage is OK ! There seems to be a bug when you get some sort of a buff, its like buffing the weapon more then it should. Personal experience. Was doing an ODD with an unranked Tonkor with Chroma. Normal shots without damage buff where not even touching the enemy, its like doing 1 damage when he has 1000 health... But after i got a few health hits and buffed the damage about 200% + from chromas 3rd skill, i was oneshoting ancients and all arrount it, at wave 25 with an unranked Tonkor... And at the end i got most of the kills from all 4 players with a unranked Tonkor...

I think buffs are broken for this weapon, but when im runnig with no buffs, the weapon's damage is ok... not going ridiculous heights...

Don't bother forma-ing or catalyst-ing it. They are just going to make it utterly worthless, like everything else they nerf. It's better to pick a middle-of-the-road weapon and stick with it and hope it never gets noticed by anyone (I fear the Quanta is on the road to ruin now that everyone is playing with the Vandal), or just jump on the Soma/Boltor Prime bandwagon, since those are the only two immune to nerfs.

Well yes and no.... I understand your logic here, and it's really terrible that they nerf weapons that people buy with money/platinum too. However this way of never forma'ing/potato'ing things severely limits your fun and will ultimately make the game boringly repetitive by having you stick to the same old trusty gun.

I do not run around with the most powerful weapons all day long, but I do forma and potato ones that I like, even the ones that I suspect will get nerfed. Why? Because this game is my entertainment and formas and potatoes are given out free anyways.

Nothing lasts forever... Even Warframe will shut its servers down several years from now. Will you wait till the bitter end until no one is playing anymore to finally use those weapons or do you enjoy them today? (I exaggerated here, but only to make my point clearer.)

Lol, so a gun where you actually have to hit the target to do anything.......needs a nerf. I 2 clip GRENADE LAUNCHER doing too much dmg. needs a nerf. Have you used it in PvP? the thing is utterly useless. So nerf it in PvE yeah....totes makes sense.