Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Ignis And Glaxion

HandsomeSorcerer

We have 2 lightning weapons that are badass, the synapse and amprex.

How about some love for Ignis and Glaxion?

Ignis could be a crit weapon, the fire counterpart to amprex.

Glaxion the cold counterpart to Synapse.

Edit:

Embolist included.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

I think these two would be better as Status monsters than generic raw-damage continuous guns. It would be pretty awesome if the devs restored Continuous weapons so that their Status Chance was per unit ammo rather than per second, first and foremost.

We have enough crit weapons as it is, really. Considering that the Amprex and Synapse already exist, I think it would be a bit odd to make the Ignis and Glaxion into crit weapons as well since they wouldn't exactly offer anything new gameplay-wise.

Variety is good.

Edited by SortaRandom

We don't need Synpase or Amprex 2.0, Ignis and Glaxion both should fill different roles

Glaxion: Innate slow effect (regardless of element) + improved ammo consumption-

Ignis: Forced burn proc (or a very high chance to inflict it)+ general DPS buff. While i'm not a an of ignis being a crit weapon it should be much stronger than it is.

We don't need Synpase or Amprex 2.0, Ignis and Glaxion both should fill different roles

Glaxion: Innate slow effect (regardless of element) + improved ammo consumption-

Ignis: Forced burn proc (or a very high chance to inflict it)+ general DPS buff. While i'm not a an of ignis being a crit weapon it should be much stronger than it is.

They would do, but actually with different base elements, and actually being useful.

Amprex can chain shot enemies. By your logic, the Synapse shouldnt even exist. It does, so why not a freeze laser whose innate effect is slowing down?

Synapse has no "Special" abilities, and the only thing it does better is single target damage and better ammo economy.

RIght now, things like a friggin freeze bean and a flamethrower are pathetic. In every other game I have played, flamethrowers were a thing of danger and power.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

They would do, but actually with different base elements, and actually being useful.

Amprex can chain shot enemies. By your logic, the Synapse shouldnt even exist. It does, so why not a freeze laser whose innate effect is slowing down?

Synapse has no "Special" abilities, and the only thing it does better is single target damage and better ammo economy.

RIght now, things like a friggin freeze bean and a flamethrower are pathetic. In every other game I have played, flamethrowers were a thing of danger and power.

The amprex and synapse balance each other through use, one is ment for single target and one works on crowds. The amprex is great for crowds because of it's chaining and status chance but that doesn't render the Synpase useless as the latter can be modded with punch-through to achieve a similar effect and it has better ammo economy as enemies take longer to kill vs the Amprex which will eat ammo at  a quicker rate.

Meh, if you want them to be pure damage weapons then they need a buff.  But glaxion is already a status machine.  What other weapon will give you a 99.8% chance to do a blast proc on every hit?  That alone makes it a fun and hilarious weapon.  

I haven't used the Glaxion yet, but isn't it per second and not per hit? Or is the Glaxion an exception to the usual beam weapon mechanics?

Meh, if you want them to be pure damage weapons then they need a buff.  But glaxion is already a status machine.  What other weapon will give you a 99.8% chance to do a blast proc on every hit?  That alone makes it a fun and hilarious weapon.  

Glaxion is a beam, status is calculated per second.

As others have said before me...

Glaxion should have innate cold proc, regardless of elements. This would justify its ludicrous ammunition consumption simply for the CC utility.

And, I would so much like to see the Ignis reach a point where it is usable at high levels simply because of fire procs and anti-crowd capabilities.

Ever use a flamethrower in Killing Floor? That thing was monstrous, not because you'd hold down the fire button on enemies, but because of the absurd fire status effect that would deal silly damage.

I haven't used the Glaxion yet, but isn't it per second and not per hit? Or is the Glaxion an exception to the usual beam weapon mechanics?

Pretty sure it's every time a number pops up, which is each second if i'm not wrong, that is where it has as good as 100% status.

So yes every second not every hit.

Is this another thread of "this gun does not do well in high wave T4"?

Why does no one ever actually go into specifics as to WHY they want buffs? Please state exactly what it is the weapon "can't do" and you think "should do" to justify buffs.

Why does no one ever actually go into specifics as to WHY they want buffs? Please state exactly what it is the weapon "can't do" and you think "should do" to justify buffs.

Alright, I will say this for the Ignis: 

It has a very high ammo consumption, rather mediocre damage per tick, average reload, and has a rather narrow and short cone. However, I do not agree with the original poster's buff, and instead ask for a 100% forced Fire status effect per tick, so at least Ignis can act as a weaker stun weapon. 

The Ignis has high absolutely nothing unique to it's name despite being the only weapon of it's kind, it has moderate-high ammo usage, no form of status or crit viability and it's damage is mediocre. Exactly why shouldn't this weapon get a buff?

While the Glaxion is in  a better place it still is medicore compared to other status primaries. Even though it is a status based weapon still has horrible ammo economy which works against it being able to be effective vs crowds of enemies. The amprex has decent status but it has a high crit chance and the ability to chain which helps wonderfully considering vs crowds and is a perfect balancing point to it's high ammo consumption,. Perhaps if the Glaxion was a small cone similar to the ignis it'd be in a much better place but for now it's another medicore but unique weapon.

The Ignis i believe can now make use of Sinister Reach, so its got HUGE AOE if it can. The Ignis is an AOE weapon, not crit based, and it never should be.

The Glaxion does need buffed though. It got nerfed recently, as the beam now has a lag on it if you move, so its actually REALLY bad now.
FYI, The Glaxion is a Status weapon, not pure damage or crit.

Alright, I will say this for the Ignis: 

It has a very high ammo consumption, rather mediocre damage per tick, average reload, and has a rather narrow and short cone. However, I do not agree with the original poster's buff, and instead ask for a 100% forced Fire status effect per tick, so at least Ignis can act as a weaker stun weapon. 

The Ignis has high absolutely nothing unique to it's name despite being the only weapon of it's kind, it has moderate-high ammo usage, no form of status or crit viability and it's damage is mediocre. Exactly why shouldn't this weapon get a buff?

While the Glaxion is in  a better place it still is medicore compared to other status primaries. Even though it is a status based weapon still has horrible ammo economy which works against it being able to be effective vs crowds of enemies. The amprex has decent status but it has a high crit chance and the ability to chain which helps wonderfully considering vs crowds and is a perfect balancing point to it's high ammo consumption,. Perhaps if the Glaxion was a small cone similar to the ignis it'd be in a much better place but for now it's another medicore but unique weapon.

That is not actually what I am after.

I can take on level 40-50 enemies with just a Glaive. No Forma. I've killed a level 45 Vor in the Void with it because I ran out of ammo on a 4 Forma Braton Prime trying to shoot him.

* A Glaxion will archive 10K DPS with Forma, and can get to 100% status,

* An Ignis will get to about half that but will do it in a LARGE cone to everything in the area, without missing, and even stop Bombard rockets.

The point I'm getting at is neither weapon has any trouble killing things, and in fact both weapons already do things many normal weapons don't.

You want a weapon buff? The only reason to ask for this is because you think they have trouble killing <insert something here and mention a specific level>, which no one yet has actually specified. Weapons SHOULD be far better under certain situations, and both of these fall in that category.

Asking for "generic" buffs is almost saying "that way I can use them against ALL enemies in high T3-T4" and that is then ONLY happening because of pure DPS going up, with no regard of the unique damage type and the specific enemies it would normally be best against, and synergy with Frame Abilities, like having Ember use Accellerant with an Ignis.

This constant requests for "buffs" destroy uniqueness of weapons and just try to turn them into generic DPS hoses. And for what? Is one-shotting stuff the only thing everyone ever thinks about?

Edited by DSpite

That is not actually what I am after.

I can take on level 40-50 enemies with just a Glaive. No Forma. I've killed a level 45 Vor in the Void with it because I ran out of ammo on a 4 Forma Braton Prime trying to shoot him.

* A Glaxion will archive 10K DPS with Forma, and can get to 100% status,

* An Ignis will get to about half that but will do it in a LARGE cone to everything in the area, without missing, and even stop Bombard rockets.

The point I'm getting at is neither weapon has any trouble killing things, and in fact both weapons already do things many normal weapons don't.

You want a weapon buff? The only reason to ask for this is because you think they have trouble killing <insert something here and mention a specific level>, which no one yet has actually specified. Weapons SHOULD be far better under certain situations, and both of these fall in that category.

Asking for "generic" buffs is almost saying "that way I can use them against ALL enemies in high T3-T4" and that is then ONLY happening because of pure DPS going up, with no regard of the unique damage type and the specific enemies it would normally be best against, and synergy with Frame Abilities, like having Ember use Accellerant with an Ignis.

This constant requests for "buffs" destroy uniqueness of weapons and just try to turn them into generic DPS hoses. And for what? Is one-shotting stuff the only thing everyone ever thinks about?

You are generalizing the statements  both me and the other person you quoted made.

No one here is asking for complete DPS buff to both weapons to solve it's problems, so your small rant on DPS buff is meaningless to me, unless it was directed to the OP. Infact most people here are asking for CC buffs for both weapons which scale much better than DPS buffs. Both the Glaxion and the Ignis are 2 unique weapons of their element yet neither seems worth picking up vs any other status or AoE weapon.

Both weapons can be considered niche weapons, however that does not mean that they cannot be buff appropriately.

If we're talking about lower level enemies, DPS is meaningless as enemy die quickly with any decently modded gun. I could kill Corrupt Vor with the embolist however that does not mean i will not ask for it to be buffed. I'm talking about higher level content as such as raids (NOT endless missions), this is where you begin to see exactly how poor a weapon such as the ignis is.

Vs infested it would be much better to bring a decent slash heavy weapon than the ignis, why yes, at low levels the ignis will dominate due to it's punchthrough cone but as enemies take longer to kill the ignis feels increasingly more like dead weight (unless synergized with ember, however 1 frame cannot save a weapon) as it simply eats through your ammo, forcing you to rely on restores or perhaps invest in an ammo mutation mod. Ofcourse this could be said for many other weapon but this thread isn't about them. For a flamethrower the ignis does both pathetic damage and reliably cannot light people on fire due to it's poor status chance.

The glaxion is in a much better place comparatively to ignis. It has a high ammo pool and great status chance so it can already be seen as a crowd control weapon. Infact the glaxion (compared to the ignis) is fine as is, buffs would simply be welcomed. Improvement to it's ammo economy (such as lowering to 15-13 rounds per second) would greatly help it's usage, and additional innate slow only further strengthens it's CC potential and opens up possible new builds.

You're well entitled to your opinion however you're going to have to explain to me how giving the ignis an innate burn proc or the glaxion an innate slow proc is anything close to generic, considering the intentions of these weapons (a famethrower and ince ray gun) and how they perform ingame (taking on crowds on monsters/ CC groups of enemies)

I used to use the Ignis, a great deal. It was a great weapon but after taking a few months off and coming back I found that it was changed and now is not unique and not as useful as it once was. Ammo hungry and lacking the damage it used to be capable of.

Was the base damage higher then it is now because it seemed that way? If it was lowered, why on earth did that happen?

Glaxion was OK for the first 10 levels that I used it. After that I just got tired of it. Didn't seen to do anything well. The slowing effect wasn't as profound as I assumed it was going to be and it just wasn't enjoyable to use.

It kind of lost its function with regards to stopping Bombard rockets as of now (since the projectiles started getting rather weird), and does not get to half the Glaxion's DPS (not with Ember's Accelerant, at any rate). 

Except that the Amprex takes over Ignis in the DPS department and the AoE department (and slightly in the status department). I am not asking for a DPS buff to the Ignis to be more powerful or unique; I am asking for a small forced Fire status effect so it has the advantage of crowd control without the reliance of one Warframe. 

Except that while the Glaxion is fine for stacking status upon status to a small group of enemies, the Ignis has really nothing much to go on (except for maybe AoE, but that still does not really save it much). It is not about having trouble "killing enemies at a specific level" (with Forma, just about every weapon can do that, so that point is a bit moot). It is about brushing it up a bit so that it can fill another role (as in: A bit of crowd control with forced Fire status effects [not damage], and maybe 100% visual effect of enemies burning away when killed by the Ignis, just to get it to feel like a gas/flamethrower). 

Imo, ignis should be a raw damage weapon but get a massive damage buff, like 30 fire dmg with a rof of 15. (stock dps of 450, it's a flamethrower, give it a break)

I think someone already said this, but I thinkthe glaxion should have an innate 100% cold proc, similar to the embolist's toxic proc, and have it's damage per second changed from high rof low damage to low rof high damage, since it's a status weapon, so:

Current glaxion: 12.5 dmg, 20 rof, 35% status/sec (translates to 1.75% status chance per ammo consumed if my calculations are correct)

Glaxion I want: 250 dmg, 1 rof, 35% status/sec (so 35% status per ammo)

Could also be 2 rof for 125 damage, doesn't really matter that much to me, but right now it's damage is low-mid tier at best and it's ammo consumption is far too harsh to be a good status weapon. In addition, it might be necessary to nerf it's ammo stockpile (1500 down to something reasonable and it's clipsize down a bit as well.)