Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Ignis And Glaxion

HandsomeSorcerer

the galaxion is pretty strong with it's status abilities to be so high, i enjoy it and use it alot, even in pretty high levels.

the ignis is a joke. it needs to proc fire WAY more consistently since it is an actual flamethrower. also the ammo consumption is stupid, even with rifle mutation mods you can't come close to keeping it up. i'd really like to see it get another pass....

The Glaxion could be so much better than it is. I just eats to much ammo even with a mutation and a rifle scavenger. You still have to pop your ammo pizzas. Fix that and give a bit of a damage buff and we are in good shape!

Edited by (PS4)Capt_Sno

Be fun if they copy/pasted Chromas 1 and it's energy colour mechanic into the Ignis just for the absurd amount of status it'd pump out.

It's a flamethrower, not a statusthrower. It would be annoying if it's damage changed with the energy color, although I'd be fine if they made another weapon to do this.

It's a flamethrower, not a statusthrower. It would be annoying if it's damage changed with the energy color, although I'd be fine if they made another weapon to do this.

Im no programmer, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be too difficult to reuse Spectral Scream's assets. Just limit it to the Heat element and bam, flamethrower.

And yes, I've been awaiting an innate cold prof on the Glaxion since Day 1. If the Embolist and Acrid can get innate Toxin, why can't the ice beam prof ice effects regardless of elements equipped? I've also also suggested before giving it a small AoE slow around the point of impact, or a mechanic that gradually slowed its targets until they completely froze. Curious to hear what other people think of those ideas.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Glaxion is a beam, status is calculated per second.

It's calculated per second for each individual enemy.

So what this means is that you can sweep it across a crowd and blast proc every single enemy you touch with it. It just can't proc more than once per second on any individual enemy.

This makes my Blast/Electric build super fun for you run of the mill non-endless missions :)

Im no programmer, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be too difficult to reuse Spectral Scream's assets. Just limit it to the Heat element and bam, flamethrower.

And yes, I've been awaiting an innate cold prof on the Glaxion since Day 1. If the Embolist and Acrid can get innate Toxin, why can't the ice beam prof ice effects regardless of elements equipped? I've also also suggested before giving it a small AoE slow around the point of impact, or a mechanic that gradually slowed its targets until they completely froze. Curious to hear what other people think of those ideas.

Technically its not an ice beam, it's a cooling laser. This is real technology that we have irl. But don't worry, cause it only proves your point even more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_cooling  Idk what dark magic mods run on, but you can't completely change a cooling laser even if it deals some other kinds of damage. doing so would defy all the logic that warframe hadn't touched until now; it would be like saying bullets now heal people and make candy appear in their mouths. o.0

It's calculated per second for each individual enemy.

So what this means is that you can sweep it across a crowd and blast proc every single enemy you touch with it. It just can't proc more than once per second on any individual enemy.

This makes my Blast/Electric build super fun for you run of the mill non-endless missions :)

He's right though, glaxion is actually sh*t for status. If I'm correct, divide it's status/sec by it's rof to get it's status per ammo consumed, it's "status chance" if you will. It's 1.75%. That's absolutely terrible. Glaxion needs a buff, literally the only good thing about it is that it has a rof of 20. Problem with that, though, is that the amprex completely outdoes it. The amprex has a rof of 20, plenty of status, AMAZING crit chance (tied with dread), and it will chain to nearby targets. Imho, glaxion and amprex should be on the same level, too bad they aren't even close. :/

Edited by Ironlixivium

Technically its not an ice beam, it's a cooling laser. This is real technology that we have irl. But don't worry, cause it only proves your point even more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_cooling  Idk what dark magic mods run on, but you can't completely change a cooling laser even if it deals some other kinds of damage. doing so would defy all the logic that warframe hadn't touched until now; it would be like saying bullets now heal people and make candy appear in their mouths. o.0

He's right though, glaxion is actually sh*t for status. If I'm correct, divide it's status/sec by it's rof to get it's status per ammo consumed, it's "status chance" if you will. It's 1.75%. That's absolutely terrible. Glaxion needs a buff, literally the only good thing about it is that it has a rof of 20. Problem with that, though, is that the amprex completely outdoes it. The amprex has a rof of 20, plenty of status, AMAZING crit chance (tied with dread), and it will chain to nearby targets. Imho, glaxion and amprex should be on the same level, too bad they aren't even close. :/

You're not exactly right there. The math doesn't work like that, it's not 1.75% per ammo. It's 35% per ammo, with a second of cooldown per enemy after a proc occurs. This is for all continuous weapons from my observations.

With a status build, the Glaxion WILL instantly proc anything it comes into contact with. If the proc chance was divided by fire rate then it would be impossible to observe the Glaxion consistently proccing with tap fire every time.

You're not exactly right there. The math doesn't work like that, it's not 1.75% per ammo. It's 35% per ammo, with a second of cooldown per enemy after a proc occurs. This is for all continuous weapons from my observations.

With a status build, the Glaxion WILL instantly proc anything it comes into contact with. If the proc chance was divided by fire rate then it would be impossible to observe the Glaxion consistently proccing with tap fire every time.

Okay, but even if I'm wrong, the rof on the glaxion is still really harsh for a status weapon. The way I see it, high dps weapons should have high ammo consumption (boltor prime, soma/prime, synoid, amprex, etc) while utility weapons or burst dps weapons should have great ammo economy. The glaxion unfortunately possesses low dps, both burst and sustained, but consumes ammo as fast as the amprex, which needs it, due to all the insane crits it gets with any kind of decent crit build. The amprex is also not that far behind in status (20% to 35%). You're saying you'd rather keep it in this inefficient hybrid? I'd love to see a glaxion with the ammo economy of a quanta's primary fire, wouldn't you? :D

Okay, but even if I'm wrong, the rof on the glaxion is still really harsh for a status weapon. The way I see it, high dps weapons should have high ammo consumption (boltor prime, soma/prime, synoid, amprex, etc) while utility weapons or burst dps weapons should have great ammo economy. The glaxion unfortunately possesses low dps, both burst and sustained, but consumes ammo as fast as the amprex, which needs it, due to all the insane crits it gets with any kind of decent crit build. The amprex is also not that far behind in status (20% to 35%). You're saying you'd rather keep it in this inefficient hybrid? I'd love to see a glaxion with the ammo economy of a quanta's primary fire, wouldn't you? :D

I never expressed my opinion on Glaxion vs Amprex, I was just merely correcting you.

If you do want my opinion, yes Amprex is a lot better at killing things. It's status is inconsistent though even with its mid-range base status chance. The Glaxion however is much more consistent, with instant blast/electric activation. Something you can't say for the Amprex.

That being said, I'm all for the Glaxion getting a 3x buff in base damage, with the fire rate halved. It still wouldn't compete with the Synapse or Amprex due to not being a crit weapon, but it would at least last a bit longer in survivals.

I never expressed my opinion on Glaxion vs Amprex, I was just merely correcting you.

If you do want my opinion, yes Amprex is a lot better at killing things. It's status is inconsistent though even with its mid-range base status chance. The Glaxion however is much more consistent, with instant blast/electric activation. Something you can't say for the Amprex.

That being said, I'm all for the Glaxion getting a 3x buff in base damage, with the fire rate halved. It still wouldn't compete with the Synapse or Amprex due to not being a crit weapon, but it would at least last a bit longer in survivals.

Oh, sorry if I came off the wrong way, I wasn't trying to defend myself, just pointing out how the glaxion still needs 20 ammo to deal it's second status proc, which is nothing short of terrible for a status weapon. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the glaxion on sight and potatoed it, while I actually hated the amprex and sold it at lvl 3 the first time I got it (I know, it was stupid).  

It's true that the amprex is less consistent with status proccs, but thats more than made up for with how it kills most things so quickly. and if what you said is true, that the first proc is based on ammo, not per second, then the chance of something surviving through a full second without a proc or death is almost non-existant.

3x damage with halved rof? Is that your own idea, or were you referring to my suggestion for it, because imho it should have a lot more than that o.0 the quanta's primary has a rof of 1 with 220 damage. It's vadal variation procs fairly often with 25% status chance, the difference between the two is that the quanta has a secondary that allows it to go for isane aoe damages. This is why I suggest that the glaxion becomes very similar to a primary-fire version of it, with 35% status chance, 1 rof, 250 damage (same dps as before, just far more efficient) The glaxion would become a status monster, slightly lower tier than the quanta vandal. 

It's funny to suddenly take the glaxion's side, but I beg to differ about how good this buff would be. ^_^ Imagine a nice rainbow build, with 100% status chance, all your elemental-status mods on, insta-proccing cold (cause hopefully it will be made an innate 100% proc), viral and rad on anything your laser touches. despite not killing everything immediately, it would still cause mass destruction. I guess you could do corrosive and blast if thats your cup of tea, no judgments, especially since corrosive procs stack. Anyway, though, this weapon would either be knocking everything down and removing armor, or halving all the health and causing chaos. Either way, it would become a viable high tier weapon, something many people would agree we need more of.

Oh, sorry if I came off the wrong way, I wasn't trying to defend myself, just pointing out how the glaxion still needs 20 ammo to deal it's second status proc, which is nothing short of terrible for a status weapon. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked the glaxion on sight and potatoed it, while I actually hated the amprex and sold it at lvl 3 the first time I got it (I know, it was stupid).  

It's true that the amprex is less consistent with status proccs, but thats more than made up for with how it kills most things so quickly. and if what you said is true, that the first proc is based on ammo, not per second, then the chance of something surviving through a full second without a proc or death is almost non-existant.

3x damage with halved rof? Is that your own idea, or were you referring to my suggestion for it, because imho it should have a lot more than that o.0 the quanta's primary has a rof of 1 with 220 damage. It's vadal variation procs fairly often with 25% status chance, the difference between the two is that the quanta has a secondary that allows it to go for isane aoe damages. This is why I suggest that the glaxion becomes very similar to a primary-fire version of it, with 35% status chance, 1 rof, 250 damage (same dps as before, just far more efficient) The glaxion would become a status monster, slightly lower tier than the quanta vandal. 

It's funny to suddenly take the glaxion's side, but I beg to differ about how good this buff would be. ^_^ Imagine a nice rainbow build, with 100% status chance, all your elemental-status mods on, insta-proccing cold (cause hopefully it will be made an innate 100% proc), viral and rad on anything your laser touches. despite not killing everything immediately, it would still cause mass destruction. I guess you could do corrosive and blast if thats your cup of tea, no judgments, especially since corrosive procs stack. Anyway, though, this weapon would either be knocking everything down and removing armor, or halving all the health and causing chaos. Either way, it would become a viable high tier weapon, something many people would agree we need more of.

You actually don't need to waste 20 ammo for the second proc. Merely tap fire for the first. Then when that proc ends, tap fire for the next. If you're building a CC Glaxion (Blast/Electric) the effects don't stack or overwrite each other (Except blast being able to knock down an electrified target) so theres no real need for more procs within that second since they will be CCed for longer than that.

Tap fire to deliver procs with the Glaxion is very effective energy free CC. Just don't expect it to kill things quickly :)

Bar ammo consumption I'm pretty happy with the Glaxion as it is. Definitely one of my favourite primary weapons. Even then I think the ammo problem is more concerned with the current ammo system than the Glaxion.

Ignis though... man I cannot see a single thing that it has going for it. They could've at least given it a syndicate mod, or something!

Edited by Dualice

You actually don't need to waste 20 ammo for the second proc. Merely tap fire for the first. Then when that proc ends, tap fire for the next. If you're building a CC Glaxion (Blast/Electric) the effects don't stack or overwrite each other (Except blast being able to knock down an electrified target) so theres no real need for more procs within that second since they will be CCed for longer than that.

Tap fire to deliver procs with the Glaxion is very effective energy free CC. Just don't expect it to kill things quickly :)

Kill things quickly? I never expected it to, lol. I just dislike how, despite being a status weapon, it has the ammo consumption of an amprex, which does insane damage while having a great status chance too. The buffs I proposed wouldn't make it op but would actually make it almost as good as the quanta. I actually recently modified my build to do more damage and have more status chance (yeah, i don't know what I was thinking before, having a build with less damage AND a status chance below 90%) and tried it, I agree, its great for status, but it consumes so much ammo per second its stupid. It makes a great support weapon (halving all health on contact) but I just can't stand how a weapon that isn't high tier has a downside usually exclusive to high-tier damage weapons, like the boltor and synoid.

I'd really like some more chances to use my polar glaxion skin :/

I think the Amprex is fine. I have been using mine for a long time now with no regrets. Granted it is fully built up but in its build I have a great crit percentage and crit damage. The only down side is that it using lots of ammo. With Sinister Reach is can chain together the damage and in some maps damn near work its way around the map hitting most of the enemies. Even hitting them well beyond my line of sight.

The Ignis, Glaxion and Synapse are still just collecting dust like a keep sake of good times past. Granted those good times are no more because DE found a way to make us no longer want to use them.

As far as feeding the Ignis taters, I did that. Completely built mine up and it can't even come close to the damage output of most of the other weapons in the game.

Yes, the Ignis and the Glaxion should have a real boost in damage.

Particulary the Glaxion tha is an utter joke.

All the guys acting CC and other bs of that kind are just blind and don't play mission after the Earth.

CC don't kill.  But hordes of mobs will kill you.

Yes, the Ignis and the Glaxion should have a real boost in damage.

Particulary the Glaxion tha is an utter joke.

All the guys acting CC and other bs of that kind are just blind and don't play mission after the Earth.

CC don't kill.  But hordes of mobs will kill you.

Um, no offense, but you're actually making yourself look like a noob by saying this. kinda ironic, since you just called a bunch of people noobs. Thing is, I've never tried to explain this before, as it's pretty much lost on anyone who hasn't experienced it for themselves, and from what I've seen, the only way to truly learn it is just through experience. (no, not xp, actual gameplay experience) Anyway, the balance in this game is really messed up, and when running high level endless missions for long periods of time, it gets to a point where damage doesn't do crap and cc will save your life. 

If you're just one of those people who always run with squads full of CPs, I'm disappointed. CP is as broken as the balance in this game, and imo should either be nerfed, not stack, or removed. In short: damage is what kills, sure, but when it gets to a point where armor is reducing your damage to 1% of it's normal value, cc will save your life. Just telling you that. 

/-/

You didn't understand me but whatever.

I mean that you have your WarFrame abilities to CC mobs if you want, but the weapon is meant to KILL mobs, not to toy with it.

Or it wouldn't be a weapon to start with.

To resume, a damage buff on the Glaxion wouldn't hurt anyone...