Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid, Embolist, Mire, Oh My.

YagoXiten

In my quest for alternate weapons and play-styles lately, I finally decided to get around to trying some of the weapons I'd never been particularly interested in before.

To this end, I crafted the Embolist, as I love flamethrower weapons in most games, and, I was also filled with glee to at the prospect of a true damage over time weapon being that the Embolist has a 100% chance to trigger the Toxin proc.

Ultimately, however, the Toxin proc scales only off of the base damage of the weapon, regardless of the elemental combos you put on it, and is, thusly, pitifully weak. This is a problem with the Acrid and Mire as well.

This is utterly disappointing. Damage over time is grossly under-appreciated in most video games, and not only is it shoved to the sidelines in Warframe, but the weapons who utilize it are also low tier and rather underpowered.

I vote we rectify this. Instead of having the Acrid, Mire, and Embolist have a 100% Toxin status proc on their base damage, they will deal 4 ticks, one upon initial application, and one every second for three seconds afterward, of 25% of the shot's total damage. This effectively doubles the damage that such weapons deal over 3 seconds, as opposed to 4.5x base damage over 8.

There is no reason for this issue to remain the case. I own both the Torid and the Paracyst, and both have lingering DoTs which scale correctly on the weapon. Clearly there is no technical reason for it, and there is certainly no balance reason for it, at least in the case of the Embolist for certain, though I haven't run the numbers on the Mire or the Acrid, myself.

The Embolist is a Mastery Rank 8 weapon which manages to have less burst damage, less sustained damage, and significantly worse ammo economy than my AKMagnus. Which are significantly easier to acquire.

I am absolutely in love with the look and feel of the Embolist, even with its short range, but it is utterly disappointing as it fails as a flamethrower, as a DoT weapon, and a it's only job--to kill things efficiently.

Weak weapons need an overral buff, not the only ones listed by OP, but all other guns, that are broken because the low damage, bad status, no critical and bad mechanics.

+1

The weapons with the bad mechanics, such as the ones listed in the OP, are the ones who need reworked and looked at most. The other stats are just numbers, which are more easily adjusted.