Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tai - The Qi Gong/ Kung Fu Monk Warframe (Yes Hes Also A Tank)

Zarozian

So I thought about a Warframe that could use Chi/Energy like how the Shaolin Monks do in order to protect themselves and channel the explosive energy into their fists and attacks much like how we do channeling now~ But I am also thinking of combining that with uhhh........Super Saiyans but also a Shaolin Monk.

IpD5L4l.jpg

Martial-Arts-Meditation.jpg?resize=672%2

tumblr_m2p4zpbkE31qzwtdlo1_r3_500.jpg

Too bad I can't draw. o 3o

It seems like the art is what really gets people's attention. Also we must SOO keep the giant beads.

Then again it could also have two different energy colors.

Qi Gong Warframe Stats (Was thinking about nicknaming him "Tai" for now, cause Tai Chi, Taijitu, and "Tai" as in Extreme)

Health: 200 (500 At Maxed Rank)

Power: 150 (250 At Maxed Rank)

Armor: 150

Shield Capacity: 100 (400 At Maxed Rank)

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Stamina: 200

2x Naramon Polarity

Innate/Passive Abilities (Reason for these abilities is because this is an energy based Warframe but it sort of uses Chi rather than energy)

Immune to Magnetic Proc

Immune to Energy Drain from Parasitic Enemies

1. Qi Gong Wave    (Energy Cost 50)

You throw a quick punch that shoots forth a huge wave of energy that ragdolls and blasts enemies in front of you~

Everything gets knocked down or knocked back with a puncture proc~

This can be spammed without cool down~ And when used in succession the Warframe will punch with left, right, left, right, and so on with extreme speed~

Not a lot of damage though~ It's more for utility purposes~

It will be the opposite of Void Bomb due to it's fast movement and soft power~

It should be kinda like this:

2. Invigorate  (Energy Cost None)

Your Warframe goes into a horse stance and become immobile for 10 seconds while restoring/gathering energy over time and temporarily buffing your damage, armor, health, attack speed, and shields by 100% when coming out of it and you gain infinite stamina for 35 seconds~

You also cast off status procs on you and inflict them to enemies around you all while restoring a portion of your HP and Shields.

This ability will have a cool down of 30 seconds~

You gotta gather your Chi some how~

3. Void Bomb (Spirit Bomb) (Energy Cost 100)

Your Warframe charges and sends forth a moving sphere of pure void energy that sucks up enemies along the way and then detonates in a huge blast~

This ability is meant for utility and heavy aoe damage as well~

It is the opposite of  Qi Gong Wave due to it's slow movement and hard power.

4. Supreme Ultimate Power (Energy Cost FULLBAR) 

Your Warframe becomes enveloped by it's own energy reflecting back all damage it takes and constantly emitting a furious wave that stuns and staggers all enemies and pushes them back.

When you aim and melee you will lock on and teleport the target one by one throwing furious amounts of punches and kicks and with each punch and kick it will be sending out a straight beam of energy that pierces through all enemies in that direction with 100% blast proc~

You can also aim to teleport and start  furiously punching and kicking the next enemy  and continue to do so to avoid damage~

Kinda like this:

The duration for this ability is 40 seconds and you can press 4 again to cancel and send 6 Void Bombs in all directions.

You cannot use any of your weapons while this power is active.

SUPER SAIYAN TIME! >;D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems too OP in my opinion. 

What would you guys prefer? Got any better ideas? =/

Inspiration from:

Shaolin Monks

Taiji

Super Saiyans

Chi Gong

Hard Chi Style

Chi In General Maybe Even Chakra~

All Forms of Kung Fu but heavily on Tai Chi and it's fast and slow movements.

Chi Gathering Meditation

China will be so jelly~

Edited by Zarozian

Inb4 transfer to fan concepts :D

seems legit tho xD :)) very energy-ish

It has to be. =3

Warframe kinda has all the thingies where energy is really just like Chi/Qi.

So this Warframe will be heavily based on energy.

Maybe it can have a passive to make it immune to magnetic procs and parasitic eximuses~ 

Edited by Zarozian

You get invited :P

Eh......how do you get invited lol? O 3o

The thing is. All of his skills looks like an Ultimate :3

Yes it does~

Or does it? Nah you're right it is.....

Well maybe all his abilities will cost like a ton of energy to use~

Except for Invigorate~ That one costs no energy to use~ But will instead have a long cool down~

It will likely be the ability you use first to charge up your Chi- I mean ENERGY! And make you a little bit tankier since you are unranked and it would allow you to use some of your other abilities once or twice.

So when starting out you will probably only be able to use your first ability Qi Gong Wave like 4 times~

But once you get Invigorate you can use it like several times like 9 times!

Then you get Void Bomb which you will probably only use like once!

Hold on I should put up the energy costs for these abilities first~

Edited by Zarozian

Alrighty there~

Finished! Now this will force you to use all of it's abilities for the maximized effects and devastation! >;D

It needs so much balancing.....xD

Some more opinions would help~

Edited by Zarozian

Eh......how do you get invited lol? O 3o

Being active on the forums with a good rep (minimal warning points) gets you on 'The List'. With your post count, you probably are on it, but they only let in 25 people per month.

And the name now makes me think of:

article_post_width_TaiKaliso.jpg

(his name is Tai, if you don't get the reference :P)

Being active on the forums with a good rep (minimal warning points) gets you on 'The List'. With your post count, you probably are on it, but they only let in 25 people per month.

And the name now makes me think of:

article_post_width_TaiKaliso.jpg

(his name is Tai, if you don't get the reference :P)

Oh. No thanks then. o   -o

And I always thought his name was Taj. Been a long time since I last played Gears of War.

Also Tai means Extreme or Supreme or Too/Very or Precise in Chinese and it means a lot of things in Japanese too: http://www.kanjijapanese.com/en/dictionary-japanese-english/tai

But it also means a lot of other things in general as well and it's used in a lot of things martial arts and philosophy related and non-related~ So it's the perfect name~

Edited by Zarozian

Well, Yin & Yang frame is coming next, even if it's supposed to be more focused on a demonic-angelic dualism rather than Shaolin.

We'll see relatively soon, but considering what happened with Limbo it's better to have no expectations at all.

Wait so does it focus on the concept and philosophy of yin and yang?

Cause yin and yang is a symbol of ultimate power, not balance or good and evil.

People make the common mistake of looking at yin and yang separately but you must look at it as a whole.

Think of yin and yang this way:

Black Side: Emotions

White Side: Logic

Black Dot: Reason

White Dot: Impulse

These 4 are all interchangeable~

--------------------------------------------------

Wuji/Empty Circle: The Human Conscious

Yin & Yang/ Whole Symbol: Discipline

These cannot be changed~

The Yin & Yang are like a map and a law of how the universe works.

But to fully understand it, you need to go through the philosophy and dive deep enough into it to understand why they dictate that the Yin & Yang symbol is a symbol for Ultimate Power.

Why is it a symbol for ultimate power? What kind of conclusion did they reach to have made them say it was a symbol for ultimate power?

If you only see the Yin & Yang symbol as a symbol of balance or something that represents good and evil together then you are far from scratching its surface as to what it truly means.

So any questions?

Reading through, I don't think I saw anyone comment on the abilities so far. 

His/Her(Their?) first ability could use some toning down, especially with how I imagine it. If they're able to kick/punch in all directions I would recommend either only a knockdown, no ragdoll, or no damage/proc. You could either use both or one of the last part, or maybe if that would nerf it too hard you could put a chance of proc rather than guaranteed. (Pretty sure as is it's 100%? Excuse my laziness towards scrolling). I'm personally very interested in the potential a concept like this has, though. Would love to see a thorough execution of it ingame <3