Aeon "the Time Walker"

Akiryx

Health: 125 (375 at rank 30)                        Aura Polarity: -

Power: 150 (225 at rank 30)                        Polarities: 1x D, 1x V

Armor: 70

Shields: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Stamina: 110 No longer applicable! :D

Ability 1: (25 Energy) Time Piece: Aeon pulls out his trusty pocket-watch and enchants the  melee weapons of himself and any allies within 10 meters, causing their attack speed to increase by 30% (additive) and giving them a 40% chance to proc 'Time Degradation', which releases a pulse (3 Meters) that deals 5% of the damage dealt as finisher damage per second for 5 seconds. This Enchant lasts for 15 seconds (Unaffected by Power Duration). Affected by Power Range. The duration of the proc is inversely affected by Power Duration however the number of Damage Ticks remains constant regardless of duration.

--------------

Ability 2: (50 Energy) Stasis Blast: Aeon pulls out his trusty pocket-watch and freezes an enemy in a time rift which surrounds the enemy. (1m radius.) The rift takes and stores all damage that is put into it and after a 5 second duration releases it dealing Blast damage within a 8 meter radius

--------------

Ability 3: (50 Energy) Precognition: Aeon enables himself and ally frames a short glimpse into the future, allowing them to take 35% reduced damage for 15 seconds. Affected by Power Strength. Unaffected by Power Duration

--------------

Ability 4:  (100 Energy) Time Shatter: Enemies within 15 Meters are slowed to 15% movement/attacks speed for 15 seconds. Enemies affected by this will also have a 100% chance to receive a Time Degradation Proc from weapons affected by 'Time Piece' and will take double the amount of damage ticks within the same amount of time. Affected by Power Range. Power duration affects slow factor. i.e. higher duration will equal a decrease in enemy movement/attack speed (+-1% slow for every 20% duration)

I'd like to first say that this is my first time creating a Frame concept, and I hope I have provided enough details. Next I'd like to say that much time went into creating the abilities and balancing them as best I could. As it stands I feel they could possibly use some tweaking, however on the whole I have them where I want them. I think his abilities are rather powerful, however his weak defensive stats make up for that on the whole. 

For his first ability, I still feel it might be able to use some tweaking, but I think for the most part it is alright.

The second ability is I think good however I'm open to tweaking it somewhat if it's deemed a bit over-powered. Primarily I quite think it makes a good offensive ability, and considering the power of Nova's second ability, I don't think it's too much of a problem. But, let me know.

The main reason I have the third ability provide a seemingly low amount of damage mitigation is for a couple reasons, mainly that using Precognition and Time Shatter together will allow for Aeon and friends to have a good survivability. It also affects the whole team and so I wanted to make sure it was not over-powered. 

As for his fourth ability, I deliberately made it so that you cannot extend the duration for which enemies are stunned, in order to make it less over-powered. Instead I chose to have power duration affect the amount of speed enemies are reduced to.

Lastly I'd like to say that once again much time went into the development of this concept. Mainly the ideas were created by myself, however my friends Psyberpoison, Kermit (Frawg), and DupeFrog (Frogasaurus_Rex) were very helpful in helping me to balance skills and for me to bounce ideas off of. I urge you to provide feedback as I'd love to see this implemented but I'd also like to know what others think of it. However AS so much time has gone into the creation of this, I want to stress that while feedback/criticism is appreciated, I would like it to be constructive.

Thanks, and enjoy! 

--Xyrik

EDIT: I do hope to provide concept art somewhat soon, however I'm not a great artist and I'm busy with school and grinding some of those pesky Orokin Cells, so bear with me.

I also plan to try and create some lore to make it fit in somewhat more with the existing universe but as of right now the powers are all that's currently created.

Edited by Akiryx

It seems pretty solid. The only thing I'm a bit confused about is how Time Degradation damages an enemy-is it 5% of the weapon's damage over five seconds, or 5% every tick for five seconds? Otherwise, the abilities don't seem to be too unbalanced-Stasis Blast seems balanced by the fact that it has a relatively small AoE at base, and deals Blast damage, which I don't think many things are weak to. I am a bit worried though on Time Shatter having such a high slow rate at base, since it can be affected by power strength. Maybe you could either make it a fixed rate or crank it down a bit?

Well to address your first question, it would be 5% for each tick. As for Time Shatter, the 15% would at most be able to be lowered to around 5% which is decently less than Rhino Prime's Stomp, and furthermore does not deal damage. The reason I made it as such was to provide a bit of counter-play for players who like to put a fully ranked Fleeting Expertise on; this supplies somewhat of a consequence for doing so. I am open to changing it however due to 5% still being quite slow. Perhaps make it 

+-1% for every 30% power strength? Or maybe even 40%?

ok, so here we have a time warframe, who's main function seems to be about buffing/debuffing.

1: his one seems overall pretty good, for a 1 i think it is in a good place.

2: oh boy i love this ability and have often had incredibly similar ideas, some even for a time warframe!  but let me give you the part of my idea just as something to ponder on! 

so for this skill, you want it to feel like it would be useful to use. well, if someone wanted to dish out an aoe damage by shooting one spot would it not be easier to simply use an ogris or tonkor or something like that? well it would. so here's how we make this skill not be replaced by a weapon. make it so the locked target will receive increased damage by a pretty good amount, however they do not actually take the damage until the stasis is released. breaking the stasis would detonate it dealing the radial damage and hurting the actual target by a great deal.

long story short: make it deal more damage the the target who is locked in stasis and make the damage not apply until detonation.

3: this seems pretty bland tbh. there is no real umf to the skill. the damage mitigation is nice, but why bother using this when you can use 4 to slow everything harder than a nova? slova already makes it hard for enemies to hit. perhaps this skill needs something more or a change.

4: so, this seems pretty neat a slow that helps out the 1. still a little bland and i think there is room for improvement. perhaps make allies deal more damage with headshots while this is active? some sort of bonus to damage i think might be nice. think about something extra!

overall it looks like a pretty good concept, but just as all new concepts are, there is room for improvement! that's why we're here!

i hope this gives you some insight and helps you improve your concept GL!

Well with the 3 I set it to be pretty low mitigation because of using it alongside 4, but I can see what you mean after using a Slow Nova more. As with the 4, I originally had it so that enemies would take double crit damage because they're moving too slow to defend their weak points, but instead I set it up to work with the first ability instead. 

As for your suggestions with the second ability, I had thought of that, but my main problem with that was I didn't want it to be too OP, nor did I want it to be too much like AMD. Additionally I think it's range is probably higher than that of the Ogris or Tonkor etc, though not sure. To be sure though you could just pump Opticor shots into it for ridiculous damage :D

• 2 weeks later...

+1.

The powers sound similar to those of Kutsuzawa's and Barragan's from Bleach. Nice concept frame, otherwise.

Me and my team are working on an Arrogante (barragans weapon) based Tonfas, it will carry its name :). Also, my Tempos ultimate is inspired by the Barragan's "rot" :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...