Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All This Hate On Tonkor Makes Me Think

ToastyCosty

Pretty much this is the reason:

My problem is that even people who aren't trying to troll me still bounce me around, melee pretty much isn't an option for me in most cases when there's someone with a tonkor in my group.

Of course people will get bored in trolling but this will never change unless the weapon gets nerfed, it is impossible to avoid accidentally bouncing allies and as such it will be annoying to play with any tonkor user, troll or not.

Its very unlikely anyone can accidentally switch teleport, ripline or drop a bounce pad but same cant be said about tonkor. Now I dont dislike tonkor, the ally bouncing and dmg just has to go.

With that said there is 2 options:

1: Do what OP wants and keep ally bouncing but nerf the gun to the ground, so it isnt as popular.

2: Remove ally bouncing.

Place a Snow Globe on key points or chokepoints where players are suppose to point and fire.

"I'm halping gaiz... i maek dem slowz"

This one actually irritates me.

They never intend to do it, but it's like they've never considered the fact that the enemies being slowed are behind walls of impenetrable ice.

Bonus points if you're using an explosive weapon and you fire right as they put a globe up in front of you.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the Tonkor is getting so much hate.

The thing isn't exactly easy to aim so I am forced to assume the people getting launched are the people who just camp one spot all round. Can't say I've even been hit while moving only maybe 2-4 times while standing still at the end of a round

kv1wb.jpg

This meme makes no sense, especially to anyone that's been here for a little while.  People take issue mainly with what's new and popular, and that's because you're being exposed to the annoyance more frequently.

People went bonkers (and for the most part, rightly so) when Limbo was introduced, and the backlash was much worse than what I've seen with Tonkor.  Mirages received constant hate,  mostly due to Hall of Mirrors (and partially, Prism).  Vauban and Loki are before my time, but I imagine people used to take issue with their trolling a lot more, back in the day.

We've had a long time to get used to other troll aspects, and some of them even received changes (like Limbo, thank Christ).  Honestly, the longer a frame or weapon exists, the less likely it's going to change, so if a player has an issue with Tonkor, now's the time to voice your concerns.

Personally, I love the weapon.  I just don't like when my teammates are using it...

Of course someone will do it once as a joke or miss and their target will flip out about being "trolled", but that's the internet for you.

Being targeted by mirage hall of mirror wtih tonkor and even fire those grenades at me for 4 over times.

At that time, there's wasnt even any enemies near me.

Dont tell me this isn't troll.

Trolls are annoying regardless.

Last time I had a troll in my group I just happened to be on my Mag.... the ultimate trolling warframe. I'm sorry limbo, you are still second place to the Mag for trolling potential.

Greedy pull + standing over a map drop off point = no one but the mag gets any loot ever on a camping style mission.

I only do it when people get effing annoying with their trolling first though.

This one actually irritates me.

They never intend to do it, but it's like they've never considered the fact that the enemies being slowed are behind walls of impenetrable ice.

Bonus points if you're using an explosive weapon and you fire right as they put a globe up in front of you.

hahahah that kinda happened to me in several ODD back then, when there were no Mutalist units yet. Penta bounced back just at the right timing of when I supposed to detonate it.

Trolls are annoying regardless.

Last time I had a troll in my group I just happened to be on my Mag.... the ultimate trolling warframe. I'm sorry limbo, you are still second place to the Mag for trolling potential.

Greedy pull + standing over a map drop off point = no one but the mag gets any loot ever on a camping style mission.

I only do it when people get effing annoying with their trolling first though.

too evil.