- Very long reload time

- Mediocre damage

- Low crit and status chance

- Bad ammo economy

- Requires mastery rank 7 and a lot of resources/time

- 0 polarities 

Seriously, buff this thing... 

Jup.

I also do not see any reasons why we should not buff it. It is not really OP in its current state and people do not use it except for the "lol-lazorwall-effect" in low-level missions.

The resource-cost is terrible and the mastery rank totally incomprehensible. Either this gets a buff, or you sell it for credits fully build in the market. A braton can outperform it and that really is sad.

Edit: And before those "it is a close range weapon"-people crucify me: a short distance weapon with spool up? Short distance is all about burst.

Edited by Megakruemel

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Granted it has flaws. But mod it right and its killer.

Like a literal room clearer that stands up to "endgame" and rivals some AOE ults.

Simply overcome the reload time by modding the clip size up to 170ish, because everythings dead by then, practice aiming and leading, "lazer wall" is a legit thing, and slap on ammo mutation or rifle scavenger. You'll never run out of ammo.

Entropy burst just makes it even more of a beast.

At any rate, I'm happy with my build for it. Works fine for me.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The supra is a weapon that requires a lot of time to make good. It needs a catalyst, about 4 or 5 forma maybe even more, Someone who knows how to mod(Not saying you don't know how). and a person that is willing to wait a lil. After these requirements are met the weapon is an absolute KILLER. Able to show end game enemies true power in a colorful, pew pew fashion.

Edited by williamsos10

Even with 6 Forma's it's straight garbage. I used to use it all the time for the Entropy Proc before they nerfed the energy restore.

Anyone who says it kills i100+ enemies well is being carried or using a Mirage(Or both). I think it needs a bottomless mag like Heavy's Minigun in TF2. Your mag is your ammo carried, picking up ammo automatically adds it to your magazine. 

I'm not saying it needs to stand up to enemies that are level 100+, but it could do with some revisions. It's a weapon I'd like to revisit and dump more forma and time into, but only if they make it worthwhile. It's currently not really feasible to use it any higher than level 40, because of ammunition expenditure, lack of unique properties that make it better, and just raw damage output. I'm not saying it needs to be Boltor Prime strong, but it should at least deal 42 damage per shot.

What really hurts the dps of this gun is you need to equip rifle mutation and either a fast hands or a tainted mag. Then if you want the syndicate mod then that's 3 potential damage slots that have been taken up by utility mods.

My suggestion is to buff the damage slightly and to decrease the reload to 2-3 seconds. There's no reason why it should have a 4 second reload with only a 90 bullet clip size, it massively hampers the gun.

In the same time Grakata:
- Mr0 to build it
- No forma
- Cheap to build
- High crit chance

- High status

- Hitscan

- Better Dps
- Good accuracy

I know Supra and Grakata is different weapons but is it strange that MR0 is better than MR7. Not only supra almost all MR6-7 weapons need rebalance and buffs( Flux rifle, synapse, supra acrid, buzlok) But instead working on this weapons DE thinks that "optimisation" of Kohm and Synoid rebalance is what community needs)

why balance 90% of the old weapons when you can just add a new weapon that needs the old weapons to build. That is one of the biggest flaws for me I think. There is so many cool weapons in this game and I love to have so many choices however most just don't hold up broken enemy scaling from endless missions or even normal t4 level enemies.

Also they should have energy weapons have rechargeable ammo or their own ammo type. Like the arching starter gun

Edited by Sputter

When it was first released it was highest dmg rapid fire weapon in game, with second being gorgon far behind. At this point it was also called op and was 1st actual sign of powercreep in game.

As for ammo economy, its a goddamn spraygun in a game with static ammo drops, what did you expect?? blame ammo system not weapon.

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Granted it has flaws. But mod it right and its killer.

Like a literal room clearer that stands up to "endgame" and rivals some AOE ults.

Simply overcome the reload time by modding the clip size up to 170ish, because everythings dead by then, practice aiming and leading, "lazer wall" is a legit thing, and slap on ammo mutation or rifle amp. You'll never run out of ammo.

Entropy burst just makes it even more of a beast.

At any rate, I'm happy with my build for it. Works fine for me.

Please, braton prime is better.

Show me an actual video of you clearing rooms of lv. 60 grineer and i'll not laugh at your laugh, we are not 'tarded, we've all used it and while it's useable, out of paper DPS is atrociously low considering the amount of times you hit something because of everything tc mentioned and i'm lazy to repeat. 

I just can add my voice here - Supra can use some love.

Also some other old weapons, but Supra suffers badly from that, my guess is because weapon looks and functionality looks (Plasma projectile room) just look good.

And there are other weapons that look good, but just don't cut it.

Because they are not revisited, and brought into balance, those nice weapons have to be left behind, and thats really sad - and hinders diversity in weapons.

Especially weapons with interesting mechanics - that only one weapon (or maybe three) have, deserve to be useful.

Bows for example have a different mechanic and are useful.

Plasma Projectile weapons, especially those with high recoil - not so useful.

Disc Throwers - not so useful

DE_Scott's likes it, as is. He directly stated as much in a recent developer Stream and 

When it was first released it was highest dmg rapid fire weapon in game, with second being gorgon far behind. At this point it was also called op and was 1st actual sign of powercreep in game.

I can link video reviews of it from release that consider it a junk weapon. The only people that thought it was OP were people standing inside an NPC's hit box. 

The weapon you're thinking of was despair, was considered OP from day it entered the game, Update 8. Same as Supra.

Edited by LazyKnight

why balance 90% of the old weapons when you can just add a new weapon that needs the old weapons to build?

becouse then they can take a bad old weapon like the miter, wich is basically a nerfed lanka with bouncing bullets, and make an even worse version of it!

Increase projectile travel speed, increase base damage on all types, make the augment mod that increases status effect chance apply to a modded status chance, not base, reduce spool time based on fire rate, and this is for all Corpus laser weapons: remove the ammo pool and make it regenerate ammo after a few seconds of not firing, like the Archwing weapons. Using a magazine/ammo size mod would simply increase the amount of time you can hold down the trigger before the ammo needs to recharge.

Also, it's firing lasers/plasma bolts, it doesn't need insane recoil.

Increase projectile travel speed, 

Also, it's firing lasers/plasma bolts, it doesn't need insane recoil.

The base mechanic of the supra is nice, it keeps it unique as a wildly uncontrollable DPS monster that creates a zone of death. 

Therefore i will try to preserve the supra's image of a heavy jelly bean cannon of doom that mows down hordes of enemies.

My suggested tweaks:

-Projectile travel speed keeps supra unique, keep as is

-Recoil forces player to control the supra to maximize dps, keep as is. It would just be a better dera if it had no recoil.

-I agree with the regenerating ammo idea. Put it at like 250

-Remove maximum fire rate, allow the wind up to continue to increase as long as there is ammo

The insane ammo consumption, ammo economy, clip size, and reload times are what are really holding the supra back.

Even with 6 Forma's it's straight garbage. I used to use it all the time for the Entropy Proc before they nerfed the energy restore.

Anyone who says it kills i100+ enemies well is being carried or using a Mirage(Or both). I think it needs a bottomless mag like Heavy's Minigun in TF2. Your mag is your ammo carried, picking up ammo automatically adds it to your magazine. 

Most weapons don't stand up to lvl 100 enemies, not to mention thats well beyond what the game is balanced for anyway, so its moot point. Thats not a good place to put the bar for deciding any weapons worth, Now if this was back in the old days when the scaling, dmg system etc was completely differnt and half and hour in survival was equivalent to 2 hours, I might agree. Lvl 100 enemies were a common sight. All I'm saying, is that without serration and just the right elementals this thing slays up to lvl 50, which is when the dmg starts dropping off significantly against heavies.

I would know, I put the effort into this weapon because its fun, tested it many, many times and lived to tell the tale. Hek, booben and my supra were, and still are, my go to frame/weapon for T4D to wave 40ish (gotta get dat nyx P BP). and in most cases nothing made it through in the direction I was aiming. 

And no, I wasn't being carried.

Please, braton prime is better.

Show me an actual video of you clearing rooms of lv. 60 grineer and i'll not laugh at your laugh, we are not 'tarded, we've all used it and while it's useable, out of paper DPS is atrociously low considering the amount of times you hit something because of everything tc mentioned and i'm lazy to repeat. 

Don't take that laugh to seriously friendo. I have no way of recording, but its possible to clear rooms at that lvl. No need to get up in arms because you've had a different experience and don't like the fact I personally love the thing and can use it almost anywhere.

Once again Lvl 60 is well beyond the balance anyway, but In those cases all it means is I have to slap on serration instead and bam! Good to go.

It requires a bit of love an attention, but once you get it there its something beautiful.

I too have listed reason why it does work in my experience with it, mod it for a bullet hose it is and learn to lead.

I enjoy using it simply because I actually have a reason to stray from the normal build you can chuck on just about everything and it gets the job done. Gimmie a horde of corrupted coming at the defense objective and it will plow through the ranks just as fast, if not faster then a braton Prime.

Hek, even if It couldn't, I still wouldn't care because I have fun with it and it still gets the job done.

I'm about having fun, not sitting there in an ivory tower, crunching numbers.

The only thing that makes me cringe is the absurd reload time and that it only holds 90 shots. 

This beast of a weapon should have a much larger magazine IMO and a lower reload speed.

But as of now I only like using my Supra when I'm using Mirage.