Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Needs A Buff

Chaosdreamer

The only thing that makes me cringe is the absurd reload time and that it only holds 90 shots. 

This beast of a weapon should have a much larger magazine IMO and a lower reload speed.

But as of now I only like using my Supra when I'm using Mirage. 

lol, I like any weapon with mirage, that's not saying much about the weapon as it says about the 'frame. A real lmg bullet, a single one, is enough to rip a human body in half, the ones that don't use NATO that is, still, that's what they were projected for, high damage potential at the cost of accuracy you have with an assault rifle. Supra currently fits the lmg idea, except we don't have this body ripping damage, it's just a not impressive damage further banalized by the list of drawbacks TC showed. If Supra was to keep all of those drawbacks I'd like it to deal 2.5x the amount of damage it does now, have the fire rate toned down to compensate and help ammo efficency, and perhaps give it bullet travel speed closer to detron's.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

I remember to have heard comments in the devstreams that it's intended to be high-tier but not top tier. 

Then, there's that Syndicate Augment which gives her an extra oomph.

A Prisma or Vandal Supra would be welcome though, with alternate stats and a little buff.

An yes, it takes an effort to put it at top performance, but it can hold its own well. 

Put 7 forma into the weapon. Please. I know ill get backlash here, but even the MK1 Braton becomes amazing with 7 forma. Averaging about 1k per shot at its low base damage. 

Difference is that if at base weapon was x times stronger then fully modded it will still be x times stronger.

lol, I like any weapon with mirage, that's not saying much about the weapon as it says about the 'frame. A real lmg bullet, a single one, is enough to rip a human body in half, the ones that don't use NATO that is, still, that's what they were projected for, high damage potential at the cost of accuracy you have with an assault rifle. Supra currently fits the lmg idea, except we don't have this body ripping damage, it's just a not impressive damage further banalized by the list of drawbacks TC showed. If Supra was to keep all of those drawbacks I'd like it to deal 2.5x the amount of damage it does now, have the fire rate toned down to compensate and help ammo efficency, and perhaps give it bullet travel speed closer to detron's.

Wait, the supra shoots bullets?

I always thought it shot jelly beans.

The only thing that makes me cringe is the absurd reload time and that it only holds 90 shots. 

This beast of a weapon should have a much larger magazine IMO and a lower reload speed.

But as of now I only like using my Supra when I'm using Mirage. 

How about no reload at all.

250 recharging ammo

I dunno if any of you played Halo: Reach, but there was a weapon called the Plasma Repeater, which would start off at a very high rate of fire, and slow down once it hit critical heat. To return it to its high fire rate, it would have to be ventilated. Now, if paired with regenerating ammunition, this would make the Supra a much more interesting weapon. Here are the properties it should have.

42.0 damage (Puncture-focused). Adds fire damage as weapon heats up past a certain point.

High initial rate of fire, slower, more accurate fire when hitting critical heat after 60 shots

300 bolts, regenerating ammunition

Hitting R will ventilate all heat over the course of 1.5-2 seconds. Unable to fire while ventilating. Will automatically cool down while not in use.

The bolts will increase in brightness as the weapon heats up.

Edited by Vaskadar

• 4 weeks later...

Nice weapon,fun to use but its stats been a pain since  dmg 2.0  :) 

Slow bullet travel speed - even with Terminal velocity its still slow!

Low dmg-maxed supra barely can go t1 surv 30 min then it start to struggle

Reload Speed- 4.0 Awful (can't say it has insane dmg to have such a reload time)

oh yea almost forgot gets  Crazy recoil -if u try to add some firerate

it cries for a buff :) pls guys i know you can do it  :) 

Edited by doping91

I approve. Put 4-forma into mine. Even bought the special skin for it so the colors would look better. But in the end after testing I realized the weapon was very bad. The augment is nice, but everything else is so bad it doesn't even matter, and modding this weapon is very difficult because of its many weaknesses. One of the worst features is how bad the recoil gets with added attack speed. I hope a better future for this cool laser gun.

I approve. Put 4-forma into mine. Even bought the special skin for it so the colors would look better. But in the end after testing I realized the weapon was very bad. The augment is nice, but everything else is so bad it doesn't even matter, and modding this weapon is very difficult because of its many weaknesses. One of the worst features is how bad the recoil gets with added attack speed. I hope a better future for this cool laser gun.

i put 6 Forma into mine :P  and saw that could not hit 35 min in t1 surv! XD

The Supra specializes in building walls of plasma bolts for the enemy to eat. Good for defense.

But it loses ammo fast even with a mutation mod.

Supra should get the overheat function like that of the Imperator.

It doesn't have to have a bullet speed increase because it makes building walls possible. But it seriously needs an alternative ammo supply source.

First of all DE, stop ignoring Supra threads D:

now then back to the topic.

This thing is a friggin mastery rank 7 weapon. It is out shined by lower mastery rank weapons 

Examples:

Boltor Prime (MR2)

Soma Prime (MR6)

Quanta? (MR4)

and much more. why dont i list everything? cus how many weapons are MR7+? -.-

Alot of people have suggested lower reload times, an overheat function, more dmg, faster projectile flight speeds,  a higher crit chance, higher crit multiplier, a different dmg type, and much more.

Before Dmg 2.0 Supra was literally a symbol of power. with its rainbow build it annihilated everything. After Dmg 2.0 it died. I held my supra in my hands and it whispered to me to keep asking for justice. to bring it back. 

Every single supra thread ive ever seen did not have a single reply by a DE staff member. countless +1s to the ppl who make those supra buff threads and no response from DE.

Entropy Burst was nice. but it still hurts knowing THAT A MASTERY RANK 2 BOLTOR PRIME WILL STILL OUT DPS IT. A NEW PLAYER COULD LITERALLY GET THIS GUN INA WEEK. Where as for the Supra you have to first get to Mastery Rank 7, get the ungodly high amount of materials, THEN forma it to oblivion. and what does that get us? a weapon that can be out DPS'd by mastery rank 5 and below weps.

are you kidding me :I like bro, De. dont do me like this.

If you arent gonna buff the Supra at least give us a friggin Mara or Prisma or Vandal Supra.

Look at this:

Impact 3 Puncture 26 Slash 5 Accuracy 8.3 Fire Rate 12.5 Critical 1.5x / 2.5% Status 2.5% Magazine 90 Reload 4.2 Trigger Auto

Like what is this? 4.2 second reload? 90 magazine size? man make that have only 1000 rounds and give it an over heat function. buff the travel speed slightly or somethin.

*walks away* keep fighting for the buff, keep supra threads alive q.q

Edited by YouHaveShamedYoFamory