Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Melee Weapon Concept] Arm Blade - Tsurugi

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

(The blade is suppose to be skana-length ) Illustrator: KhristianDeMedich (deviantart)

Just to reduce confusion, this weapon is not dual.

random_katar_by_khristiandemedich-d60l5m

Arm Blade:

- Shorter range than a normal sword
- Longer range then a dagger
- Finishers do more damage than both swords and daggers
- Blade retracts when primary and secondary are out.

Tsurugi:

Pysical Damage: 45
- Slash 35
- Impact 5
- Puncture 5

Crit Chance: 15%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0
Attack Rate: 1.2
Status Chance: 5%
Stamina: 5

Alright I know what you gues are thinking, another weapon just for mastery fodder. Like whats special about it? Honestly nothing. This is just a weapon to introduce arm blades into the game. Intro weapon, like venkas are.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I like the idea  a lot.

but I don't see it happening :/

Here's why

Ash already has these and i'm pretty sure it would conflict

This is basically a 1 hand claw type weapon

I don't see DE making a whole new stance just for this.

Sorry for sounding pessimistic x) I still like the idea , but  after having spent some times in the forums you gotta stay realistic

But that doens't mean DE won't take inspiration from this!

a Dual version of these would be cool. Too bad for the ash conflict though

I like the idea  a lot.

but I don't see it happening :/

Here's why

Ash already has these and i'm pretty sure it would conflict

This is basically a 1 hand claw type weapon

I don't see DE making a whole new stance just for this.

Sorry for sounding pessimistic x) I still like the idea , but  after having spent some times in the forums you gotta stay realistic

But that doens't mean DE won't take inspiration from this!

a Dual version of these would be cool. Too bad for the ash conflict though

Yeah I was thinking about that too, that why I made sure to tell the artist to put the blade on the top of the forearm instead of the bottom. because of ash Dx

Thanks, now I see the image.

That's a claw in this game lol. There's no reason to make it a separate weapon type since they would animate exactly the same. They'd simply add effects to the combos, like how Seismic Palm adds tons of damage to ground finishers.

Edited by DarkTails

We already have arm blades, Kronen, and we're getting another set soon.

(I can't see the image)

Thanks, now I see the image.

That's a claw in this game lol. There's no reason to make it a separate weapon type since they would animate exactly the same. They'd simply add effects to the combos, like how Seismic Palm adds tons of damage to ground finishers.

you mean a katar type weapon, sounds interesting but the stance for these, in my head, they still look like fists :/

Lol you say it looks like fist, claws, and katars. If it resembles many different weapon types, then it obviously isn't neither of them, and in its own lane. btw i said the blade would be longer than the image, so no its not a fist, and it is not dual so its not a claw or katars. now saying its like kronen is just silly.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Having it look like many different weapon types means it could be any one of them, not that it can't be any of them. Huge difference.

It would fall neatly into Fists, Claws, and even Swords if it's long enough to be used that way. There's zero need to make a new weapon class. The easiest solution is to make a new stance for the weapon, belonging to one of the mentioned existing weapon classes, with fitting animations. Preferably something that will be "backwards compatible" in terms of animation, like Fists/Claws.

Edited by DarkTails

Having it look like many different weapon types means it could be any one of them, not that it can't be any of them. Huge difference.

It would fall neatly into Fists, Claws, Tonfas, and even Dual Swords if they're long enough to be used that way. There's zero need to make a new weapon class. The easiest solution is to make a new stance for them, belonging to one of the mentioned existing weapon classes, with fitting animations. Preferable something that will be "backwards compatible" in terms of animation, like Fists/Claws.

Saying claws and fist are the same is like saying, staves and polearms are the same. && you've said your opinion 3 times already sir, the 1st time before you even saw the picture. :3 please move along

I'll have to say it again because you don't seem to understand lol

It would make life easier for the Devs if your weapon was simply put into an existing weapon class with fitting animations. It also keeps the game from getting "cluttered" with new items. It would also speed up the process of getting your weapon added to the game so you can enjoy it.

There's absolutely no downside and lots to be gained from what I'm suggesting, mostly for you since you ultimately want this in the game, so why are pushing back? xD

Hell, they could make it a Machete lol

Edited by DarkTails

We already have arm blades, Kronen, and we're getting another set soon.

(I can't see the image)

Kronen are not Arm Blades.. they're Bladed Tonfa. Pretty different to be honest.

I'll have to say it again because you don't seem to understand lol

It would make life easier for the Devs if your weapon was simply put into an existing weapon class with fitting animations. It also keeps the game from getting "cluttered" with new items. It would also speed up the process of getting your weapon added to the game so you can enjoy it.

There's absolutely no downside and lots to be gained from what I'm suggesting, mostly for you since you ultimately want this in the game, so why are pushing back? xD

Hell, they could make it a Machete lol

There is plenty of downside to that. If it doesn't fit the stance or style of the weapon it's pointless. And honestly, more stances are always better, although this likely would use some form of Claw stance, there's no saying it has to. 

Edited by Xyroi

Kronen are not Arm Blades.. they're Bladed Tonfa. Pretty different to be honest.

There is plenty of downside to that. If it doesn't fit the stance or style of the weapon it's pointless. And honestly, more stances are always better, although this likely would use some form of Claw stance, there's no saying it has to. 

Kronen are the very definition of arm blades. They're blades strapped to your arm. There's no room for interpretation lol

But anyway, I already saw the image of the new weapon, and agree that it wouldn't swing the same way Kronen does, they'd work better as a claw/fist/single sword class

I've lost interest, i'll go away now

Edited by DarkTails

I like the idea, it would be cool as a slash but just like Surtur said I could picture this melee as a puncture as well

But slash is good, I'd definitely want to use it sense it's also gonna be longer, I'd probably use it on Ash so he has blades on the top and bottom of his hands, anyway i'd still want it

Edited by Hunter126

• 3 weeks later...

Really want this for the quicker finishers.  Hell, I'd take it if it was designed to be more of a stanceless melee weapon that's less clunky to do quick E attacks without putting your primary/secondary weapon away and drawing it again  (I have some "gun and blade" stance concepts I'm going to start work on soon that fit that purpose too.)

Kronen are the very definition of arm blades. They're blades strapped to your arm. There's no room for interpretation lol

But anyway, I already saw the image of the new weapon, and agree that it wouldn't swing the same way Kronen does, they'd work better as a claw/fist/single sword class

I've lost interest, i'll go away now

There's PLENTY of room for interpretation. They aren't strapped to your arm. They're Tonfa, with blades attacked. 

==================================

Anyway. This concept is really neat, but as to what people were saying, this looks exactly like a Katar, however not claws really, but the claw stance would WORK for it, is I think what people are saying.

There's PLENTY of room for interpretation. They aren't strapped to your arm. They're Tonfa, with blades attacked. 

==================================

Anyway. This concept is really neat, but as to what people were saying, this looks exactly like a Katar, however not claws really, but the claw stance would WORK for it, is I think what people are saying.

yeah I see what they were saying, but the thing is the artist I had make this for me , accidentally made the blade too short its suppose to be a bit longer then a dagger, like skana length and its single handed not dual wielded like claws.