Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would Y'all Feel About A Classic Survival?

YepShesDead

Title says it all: How would you all take to an alternative to the survivals we have now? The good old classic kind. How long can you withstand these masses of hoardes; no life support worries, no time limits, just surviving until you are so overwhelmed you question why you and whoever you're with were foolish enough to stay.

Edit: Maybe to counter possible exploits, have it that you have to kill a certain amount of enemies within a set amount of time to avoid hiding from mobs (although what the point of this would even be, I have no idea). And while I'm perfectly fine with a mode like this not giving rewards, perhaps after ten minutes, rather than five, you get a prime piece or a bundle of cores.

Edited by YepShesDead

I believe that the reason DE implemented the draining life support bar is to prevent cheap chokepoint camping by forcing players to constantly move. A regular survival mission would encourage camping behaviors. Take, for example, the sewers in the Void.

The current Survivals have the objective of distracting enemy forces while an ally raids the area for loot. The Tenno don't just kill for no reason.

Thus, it would make more sense to, say, integrate this into the Simulacrum or some other "training" area in the Relay or Dojo. That way it's as if the Tenno are voluntarily testing their limits against virtualized enemies, without doing unnecesary harm. No loot rewarded for this, but just bragging rights.

Edited by Sonitorum

ID LOVE ONE NO REWARD IS NEEDED FOR ME TO PLAY THIS, but a incentive would be nice. sooooo a reward for surviving every 30 minutes. Stops exploits by being every 30 min. Nothing special just some forma and a random key pack like syndicates. 

I expected this thread to be about the old defence maps being used for survival maps, which Id gladly want back.

I do love this idea though, maybe it would use a defence map for it.

...why not create an arena survival, without any chokepoint crutches? A damn Colosseum or something.

Just make sure to have some cover. The open areas if the corpus outpost are killzones at even moderate levels.

But i would really love this, and I think having mediocre rewards would discourage camping, I would even say no xp gain from it. A mode you play for fun!

I'd love a wave based arena with every wave spawning a boss. No objectives other than not die. Actually, I'd even prefer capped say 33 wave arena with rewards based on your performance. Actually scratch that, make number of waves depend on combined mastery rank of all players.

My survival would be enemy spawn starts slow and builds up until you are swarmed like crazy. Another way to decrease camp farming is have limited amount of ammo drops where you are forced into using ALL your weapons including melee. And by limited ammo i mean as in making every shot count. Then like when rewards are granted Lotus also drops ammo crates in random locations that you then have to wade to enemies to retrieve.

Edited by thewikdone

I'd like to see a game mode similar to what is in killing floor 2, abd nass effect 3 MP, where you have to fight through waves of ever more difficult enemies, with a couple of sub objectives thrown in.

Edited by Sixty5

The current Survivals have the objective of distracting enemy forces while an ally raids the area for loot. The Tenno don't just kill for no reason.

Thus, it would make more sense to, say, integrate this into the Simulacrum or some other "training" area in the Relay or Dojo. That way it's as if the Tenno are voluntarily testing their limits against virtualized enemies, without doing unnecesary harm. No loot rewarded for this, but just bragging rights.

Simulacrum Survival: Spawns enemies from all factions in progressively more difficult waves. Players maybe bring up to 3 fellow Tenno along (Simulacrum Key Share, basically). Host decides what tileset to play, and the Simularum generates a particularly large version of that tileset as the map for play.