Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shared Ammo Pools Still Causing Issues? (Angstrum)

(XBOX)ChancellorAce X

So, I did a google search and I know this was addressed about a year ago, but it must have been on a different platform.

That being said, I just recently made and started to try out the Angstrum. No problems there, works great, etc. etc.

Then I noticed that I was running out of my Dread (bow) ammo really quickly (and yes, for those of you who feel all rage-y and feel like typing now, you might want to wait a second). 

So, yes I realize the Angstrum uses sniper ammo drops, as does the Dread. The problem I have isn't that using one depletes the ammo pool of the other, Two sniper ammo pools would be silly and would make no sense, especially since the ammo drops are tiny little handheld thingies that magically turn into arrows, or rockets or whatever.

My main concerns/issues/grievances are two fold:

1. When you are wielding both, your ammo pool is (I assume) capped at the lower of the two values, which is awful to be capped at 30 reserve ammo if you're using two weapons that use the same type of ammo. I believe this is the case because of #2.

2.When beginning a mission, your ammo starts at the maximum of lower, (in the given case it's 30 reserves). Normally you are to start with full ammo, which I suppose technically you are, but only for one of the weapons.

So I have one proposition that will let you keep the ammo pools to drain from both by use of both weapons, which makes sense and I'm okay with, and at the same time remove both of these glitchy issues.

I assume you have the game check for max ammo capacities per weapon, since when you don't have a shotgun it keeps telling me that my shotgun ammo is full. That would make sense if I have 0 and the max allowed is 0. That being said:

When you begin the mission and the program evaluates your weapons and what not for ammo filling, instead of having it cap at the lower value, have it add together the max pool values of all your weapons (taking into account each ammo type), and make THOSE your reserve pool volumes. This will allow the player to still have the reserve ammunition that is expected, and require very little effort on the programmer's part.... we're talking like... 20 mins, tops.

Yes, the players will have to learn to not run themselves out of pistol ammo if they're about to go down, but I'm sure that people are smart enough to figure something that small out on their own.

And that's my thought on the subject..... here you go interwebs, have at it. I'm sure somebody's sure to start a fight over nothing because of this, but... whateves, not my fault.

If I remember correctly you start with the max ammo of your primary.  When you switch to the secondary the game drops your maximum and the excess is lost.  When you switch back you don't get it back.  I think it woul dbe best if it actually tracked how much you have for each weapon, assume the 'sniper ammo' boxes have already been converted into arrows in your quiver or grenades... whereever.  When picked up it restores current weapon first maybe?

I start with 30 on my primary, so it's definitely not a switching issue. And when you pick up ammo it also fills both, so it's definitely pooled.

But if your max was the two added together then you wouldn't have to worry about splitting the fills evenly or anything either. Would be much simpler for everyone. Trying to keep them separate when using the same ammo type would cause a lot more issues and require a lot more time to fix.

Edited by (XB1)ChancellorAce X

Suggested this before:

But in my opinion, it would have been easier for them to have left Castanas and Angstrum using Pistol Ammo Pool but with lower reserve amounts.

-No ammo confliction with Primary weapons

-Pistol/Secondary Ammo drops would be enough for Castanas and Angstrum to still have ammo in low ammo drop fights like Lephantis.

**Attica sort-of already is treated as an exception: basically pick-ups Rifle Ammo but says they are Bow pick-ups.....same with how Ballistica weapons do not have to pick up Bows/Bolts**

I think they were trying to use the frequency of ammo drops to even out the amount of ammo you get as opposed to decreasing your allowed capacity. Both are valid, but have different balancing results. Not that either is bad, and they could do that, I just figured I'd propose a quick background solution instead of having to change a bunch of things about different weapons and "what not".

That wouldn't be very difficult either.... but you seem smart enough to get what I mean :P

If this is working as intended, it's kinda... not smart. Saparating the ammo pools is the "logical" thing to do. Which explains why it hasn't been addressed in this case...^^'

If it's a bug... Then it's really overdue for some squashing dear devs. Pretty please?

Edited by Marthrym