Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Is Acting Weird. Or Is It?

NoeleVeerod

Today I put my 4th Forma on the Sybaris, a weapon that I like a lot but that sometimes I fail to put to good use.

As usual, I went on Draco to level it up as fast as I could, and went ahead and shot a couple enemies, even though I knew the damage would be insignificant.

Then the weapon shells out a 2k/3k critical damage on an enemy and kills it, and I'm baffled.

Is it some sort of hidden feature, or was something going wrong? I wasn't being buffed by anybody, and the only status the enemies were being inflicted was Radiation by Oberon's Reckoning.

Then the weapon shells out a 2k/3k critical damage on an enemy and kills it, and I'm baffled.

I'm baffled too.

Base damage: 70

Crit mult: x2 (140)

Head shot crit: x4 (560)

Shouldn't be possible to see numbers higher than this without some kind of bonuses going. Even with 4 Rifle Amps, that still only gets you to 1,164.8.  And Sybaris isn't particularly slash biased so it wouldn't have massive damage buff from a team using 4 Corrosive Projections.  Banshee weak points would explain a lot but you say no effects were active.

(unless you meant 2k for both shots in the burst i.e. 1k per bullet, in which case we have a workable solution)

*waits for Sybaris buff to clip size that actually makes sense*

*waits for Magazine Warp mod to have +10% mag size per rank*

Edited by Momaw

*Sits and wait for a sybaris prime with overall enhanced crit potential and maybe larger magazine capacity*

Honestly I'm expecting Sybaris Prime or Vectis Prime with Banshee Prime, and needless to say I am brimming with anticipation.

Edited by --Q--JoeTheBanshee

I'm baffled too.

Base damage: 70

Crit mult: x2 (140)

Head shot crit: x4 (560)

Shouldn't be possible to see numbers higher than this without some kind of bonuses going. Even with 4 Rifle Amps, that still only gets you to 1,164.8.  And Sybaris isn't particularly slash biased so it wouldn't have massive damage buff from a team using 4 Corrosive Projections.  Banshee weak points would explain a lot but you say no effects were active.

(unless you meant 2k for both shots in the burst i.e. 1k per bullet, in which case we have a workable solution)

*waits for Magazine Warp mod to have +10% mag size per rank*

Several frames grant damage amplification in one form or the other, maybe the guy was affected by Rhino roar, maybe the target was affected by a Banshee's sonar, maybe a total eclipse Mirage was standing close to the guy etc. etc.. At a certain point in game you should know about other frames capabilities and how the mechanics work but I guess in the age of farmville frame people just skip through frames and never actually play them and the result you can see in threads like this.

I doubt the op played draco alone so the "weird" behavior was most likely the result of a team mate or three granting buffs the op did not realize.

Also pics or it did not happen!

Edited by Hatzeputt

I'm aware this doesn't seem to make sense, so yeah, I'll bring some proof.

Hotfix 16.4.5 kicked in, and it said something about inconsistent crits when scoring headshots (*). That might be what I was talking about. I'll bring an unranked Sybaris to Draco next time, and of course if it happens again I'll post a video (I believe I might be too slow to screenshot the numbers, I tried doing that the first time).

And no, I wasn't playing alone. But I'm dead sure I wasn't being buffed, or that the target wasn't being affected by any power.

• Fixed crits on enemy heads giving inconsistent crit numbers depending on what ‘part’ of the head you hit.  Headshots on enemies will now properly do a 2x damage multiplier regardless of what spot has been hit.
Edited by Vintovka