Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #52

[DE]Rebecca

Stay close to the walls, Tenno! Join us this Friday, May 8 for Devstream #52, where we discuss Parkour 2.0 in-depth along with some other major Warframe topics. 

Who: Scott, Sheldon, Geoff, Steve & Rebecca will be geared up to perform and discuss some Parkour 2.0 (in Warframe, not the office).

What: We'll be showing the work-in-progress version of Parkour 2.0 as it exists in the developer build of Warframe! We'll also be doing a Q&A period with questions from our community!

What Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us Friday, May 8 at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. EDT on May 8. Get your questions in!  Your questions for this stream can be about Parkour 2.0 as well as other General topics.

Question #1:

Can shotgun falloff be removed and replaced with a better spread mechanic? Originally falloff was added to remove hek sniping but ruined the viability of most hitscan shotguns; now, with rifles dealing tremendously more damage, continuous beam weapons dealing full damage to their max range, and many good side arms, shotguns have become extremely lackluster to use. In fact we have more shotguns and shotgun pistols in the game that are balanced around spread and travel time then we do with falloff (8 obtainable shotguns/pistols with falloff, 10 obtainable without falloff). Another fun fact: By the time Viscous Spread's negative spread % affects damage most hitscan shotguns have lost 50% of their damage due to falloff.

Question #2:

Will the lato prime and lato vandal ever return to their original damage of 31 and 29 damage? The prime/vandal were stealth nerfed when the lato was nerfed down to 12 damage in order to balance the starter weapons, since the lato was the best starter at the time. Later the lato got a damage buff back up to 18 damage but the prime and vandal variant never did get a damage buff and now sit at 21 and 20 damage.

Question #3:

Will we ever see the return of iron sights for sniper rifles? Personally I hate the scopes and would rather have increased zoom like the seer does, since this was mentioned in a hot topic and by [DE]Megan at one point.

Question #4:

Is there a reason as to why there are so many uniquely designed weapons that receive horrible stats but amazing mechanics? And will any of the current weapons like this receive a buff?

Edited by Cranial_Enigma

How will stamina be affected by the new system for parkour, will it still be the same where you can not perform any actions if you run out, or will it be completely reworked for the new system?

Edited by Amethyst.zero

1.Kubrow will get any parkour update like when kubrow still on prototype?
(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/445416-coming-soon-devstream-51/?p=4951909)
2.Waterfall texture on earth tileset are not getting any update and that really terrible will all of them get fix?
3.Stamina in Archwing gameplay type will be get any rework? (also on normal gameplay too.)
(https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/452255-does-stamina-ruin-archwing/)
4.Any new on other alternate helmets for the old frame?

Edited by Shafilp

Yay Parkour 2.0!  Bringing the Ninja back to Warframe DE! =)

My question is here actually:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/451356-owning-2-or-more-of-the-same-syandana-to-apply-different-arcanes-to-and-arcane-syandana-visual-effects/#entry5020396

It's regarding the possibility of owning multiple copies of the same kind of synandana to apply different arcane effects to each one.  The thread linked above explains it more clearly, but basically I enjoy using the Uru Syandana the most (don't get me wrong, the others are awesome too) and I would like to still wear the Uru on my favorite warframes, while having different arcane enhancements equipped.

Keep up the great work DE!

Edited by sushidubya

Will we ever get clan-tech only weapons again that can't be bought with plat? and maybe have a proper mastery rank tied to it? This leads to my next question.

Will we ever get real rewards from the mastery system besides loadout slots and a higher daily reputation limit thingy? And will weapons ever get tied to an appropiate rank because a Boltor Prime or Soma prime shouldn't be available to rank 0 and 2 already, being two of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Will melee ever get a buff  damage wise to be up to par with all those wepons like Soma and boltor and what have you?

Maybe any sort of buff for going melee only? Sprint boost? shield boost? yada yada?

Will prime stuff ever get an additional color slot for the gold trim? it get's really problematic with the old prime items, now that they are slowly getting the option to color the gold trim as well, many players will have to rework their color scheme and less customisation is one thing Warframe DOESN'T need, also, how about we get that exact gold trim added to our color palettes?

How do you feel when you hear that something has been datamined again? will you leave everything so easily accessable or will you change things around? or is is it maybe even intended?

Also, Focus system, anything you could tell us about that we don't know yet? When will it finally come?

Edited by DJ_Vauban

1.) Are there any plans to retouch Ember and undo what is more nerf than buff to her World on Fire? As in, before, it only had a duration, but it now has a duration and drains for the length of time it has, which is much more harm than good. I'm of the impression it should either be reverted to how it was before, or drain without duration, like Banshee's ultimate ability. 

2.) Kubrows, kubrows, kubrows. Can we get a kubrow wheel for our poor companions? There are so many arguments for why sentinels are more viable than kubrows, and a kubrow wheel with basic commands like, "go here, stay, attack this," are both completely believable for trained companions, and give them more of a tactical edge against their floating counterparts, justifying their care cost. I've made a thread of the idea in the past: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/409930-a-kubrow-wheel/#entry4521670

3.) What are the developers' stance on a classical survival mode? I've made a thread about it here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/450915-how-would-yall-feel-about-a-classic-survival/ . Basically the classic survival without Life Support with tons of mobs coming at you from all directions. Many people are even perfectly fine with a lack of rewards for this game mode, making it ideal as a game mode that is for pure entertainment. 

Edited by YepShesDead

My question is: Will we ever get a way to retrieve our potatoes from equipment that we're done with? As of right now I have a lot of frames/weapons in my inventory that I've either lost interest in or have a Prime version of. I would recommend something like an Orokin Extractor which would be researched, built, and used on a weapon/frame, destroying the extractor but retrieving the potato.

There was a point in time when potatoes were basically a paywall, but Warframe is past that now. I hate having to be stingy with those things, asking "will this weapon really go the distance, or is it just a curiosity?" Players should be free to drop them in and find out definitively if the weapon is worth keeping in their arsenal.

Likewise, getting your hands on a Prime variant shouldn't feel like a waste of resources when you've already got a potato in the original. There needs to be a way to pull the Catalyst/Reactor out of the original and put it in the Prime. This point is relevant to weapons that get built with other weapons as well.

Edited by Mind_Bullets

My biggest question has been for a long time: Will we see an overhaul of the void as in, different mechanics? New Area's to explore? Different Map layouts or such? Because as of right now...the void is great and all but its super boring. Like i'd love to go out and explore more secret rooms or with the sabotage keys i like how you can get prime parts with those now. Just small things you know :P 

reserved!

1)how will the bursa be implemented in the future?

2)i noticed that the completion for the latest synthesis scanner resulted in a “processing sythesis data”. What is that all about?

Edited by 321agemo

Question: Have you or anyone else ever suggested changing the names of these threads from "Coming Soon:" to "Coming Soon:"?

This is a serious question. I'm wondering if anyone down at DE has ever jokingly suggested that. 

How much will Parkour 2.0 change level design? Creating walls and environments that promote beneficial and fluid movement for those who use the system?

Will Parkour 2.0 see the inevitable  removal / toning down of coptoring?

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, would these new movement mechanics bring about new secret areas? Places for valuable loot / rare containers? Similar to void treasure rooms except actually rewarding players with good things?

Edited by 4ever4gotin

has there been any development on the shotgun and sniper buffs that everyone has been so eagerly waiting for?

also, when will my kurbrow be capable of tight rope walking along with me? i always feel bad when i use them and wind up leaving him behind.

Edited by Cubewano

Please tells us about stamina rework.

Stamina is one of the core foundations of all gameplay, we need to know how its going to change.

And after the 2013 huge fail attempt to change it, I'm very scarred.

Why or how will stamina matter, should it matter?

Edited by 7grims

(wow, the reservation is strong in this thread <.<')

Normally I have multiple questions about a lot of important things... but 1 questions is always there...sooo I will only ask this question:

Can you give the Community more information about the Guides of the Lotus Programm?   

Yeaaa, I think that's it. I am looking forward to see an awesome Devstream o3o

Are you touching directional melee as well? I imagine we should get way cooler and better ways to navigate so maybe directional melee can finally be more useful for actual combat? It sends you flying too far right now which makes a very long recovery if you miss the target.

Q1: Will we be able to see in our squad how many times a weapon or warframe of a teammate is polarized?

Q2: Polarizing 2.0? possible to polarize the same slot to add another polarity?

Q3: Will we ever get a PBR pallette?

Also:

Will the not appearing PBR on immortal skins be fixed?

outj5t.png

As it can be seen on the picture: The PBR is gone after applying the immortal skin on Mag Prime.

Edited by Tyreuzs

Do you plan on revisitng enemy designs and not just bosses? Today we have some pretty unbalanced enemies, while others are just there for the easy kill, any plans on revisitng there mechanics so that we get more of a challenge and less of an artificial difficulty?