Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Fanfiction] Chronicles Of The Tenno - Destruction [Corpus]

Gibblemung

Chronicles of the Tenno #4 - Destruction

Recipient(s): Nobilis-class governors, inclusive

Subject: Terminal log of outpost Beleth, Europa

Classification: Governor-secure, personal delivery only

Honored Nobilis, the following is the terminal log of the now-defunct Beleth outpost, on Europa, following the Biphasar Walker-Drone Combination Initiative (BWDCI). Attached, you will find clues to the nature of our newest foes, as well as speculation of their capabilities. Please bear in mind that this log is unedited except parsing to relevant entries, and may be disturbing to those of a non-combat disposition.

Date 03781D4 Time 1200 Corrected Corpus Standard (CCS) Command Log Entry

There is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happening, after the new proxy shipment. While suitably capable with impressive combat statistics, I fear that the BWDCI was a waste of resources in guarding against foes that simply do not exist. Integration with current proxies was seamless, compliments to Developmental Engineering. Crewmen have been discouraged from calling the Biphasar Walker-Drone Combinations "Wingheads" or "Plasmaspitters."

**Limited Perimeter Alarm, Zone 17 03781D4 1552**

1554 Command Log Entry

Minor alarm in the passive perimeter scanners. Lost contact with 4 proxy patrol and 2 crewmen. Possible seismic activity or electrical storm. Investigatory on-duty squad sent with full complement of proxies in case of wild animal incursion.

**Lockdown Initiated, Zones 19-23 03781D4 1556**

**Lockdown Lifted, Zones 19-23 03781D4 1556**

1557 Command Log Entry

One of the patrol's elites initiated a wide-pattern lockdown, which was lifted less than 30 seconds later. Command has been unable to reach the patrol and the proxies have been unresponsive. Per protocol, upgrading threat class. Switching cameras to active anomaly detection and Area Denial Gating (ADG) to active. Base-wide alert in effect.

**Lockdown Initiated, Zones 4-8 03781D4 1559**

**Lockdown Lifted, Zones 4-8 03781D4 1559**

1559 Command Log Entry

These invaders are like nothing I have ever seen. They are utterly silent, apart from weapon fire and the impacts of the slain and destroyed on nearby surfaces. I had thought my facility proof against any invader, including the mysterious Tenno mentioned in the security briefing. I was wrong. All proxies to full alert. All crewmen, safeties off and free fire. Engage and terminate.

**Lockdown Initiated, Zones 2-3 03781D4 1601**

**Personal Alarm, Zone 3 03781D4 1601: Chief Engineer Kyl Deto**

**Lockdown Lifted, Zones 2-3 03781D4 1601**

1601 Command Log Entry

They make mockeries of our best security, disable our security in seconds, destroy every security camera they come across, and utterly destroy any opposition. They broke into the command structure and abducted the Chief Engineer! Even the vaunted BWDC combat proxies merely slowed them for a few seconds apiece, before being dismantled by weapons fire. I saw one of the enemies lose his personal shields for a moment when at close range under the fusion beam, but he quickly dispatched the proxy and his teammates seamlessly destroyed the drone portion! A-at least... they're leaving, now. It will cost millions of credits to repair, refit, and rebuild. Sob. My Chief Engineer is irreplaceable, and he had high-level security clearances. Wait, where are they going-

**Lockdown Initiated, Zone C 03781D4 1603**

**Lockdown Lifted, Zone C 03781D4 1603**

1603 Command Log Entry

They are unstoppable. They have initiated a reactor core breach and disabled all security. They are heading for Zone 28 and the docks. We never stood a chance. Eleven minutes of pure hell, and they have destroyed one of the best security systems on any outpost, as well as kidnapping intelligence operatives. May Kyl be brave in the face of his capture, and I in the face of my doom. End log, code Omega 3, secure transmission to Command and Intelligence.

Honored Nobilis, it appears that Governor Deltrin employed all the resources and training at his disposal, and was simply overwhelmed by a small, well-trained force of opponents. Perusal of the base logs indicate that some of the Crewmen even initiated Protocol Omicron on their own. Unfortunately, the prospect of "throwing credits at a problem and hoping it goes away" is as ineffective as ever.

The "Fusion Moas" (forgive the colloquialism, it is easier to dictate than "Biphasar Walker-Drones"), are a potent tool, but are unable to stop the Tenno incursions without further modification and command training in their use.

Recommendation: Additional training for command staff. Enhanced personal weaponry and training for high-value operatives. Area Denial Gating to remain active at all times after initial contact confirmed. Flushing sealed areas with contained Tenno to vacuum (shipboard) or with toxic solvents (planetside). Additional investment in Area Denial Proxies (ADP, colloquially called "Shockwave Moas"). Decreased reliance on technology that has not been field tested against the encountered foes.

Final Note: While "Fusion Moas" are demonstratedly effective against Infested and Grineer, as well as being a securely profitable investment, they should not be employed in mass against Tenno. Tenno remain an unknown factor, unmotivated by credits or control of resource generation such as mining or manufacturing.

Nel Tyron, Security Lead, Damage Assessment & Containment

Postscript: Damage assessment on Beleth outpost is still ongoing, as are most of the rest of the Europa incursions. This may require a full-system withdrawal, similar to the Infested incursion of three standard years ago.