Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #52 Overview

AM-Bunny

uqEdV92.png

Tubemen of Regor
• Coming in 16.5 (soon)
• Huge update, the previous few hotfixes PC has received have been small in scale in preparation for this one
• Very ambitious event coming, that focuses on what made previous events great
• The first tileset that has completely received PBR
• Click
to see Rebecca playtesting the Sealab tileset

Law of Retribution 
• On consoles, Law of Retribution was operating at 12 fps, which is why it wasn't launched
• Multicore optimization has been a huge focal point, and maximizing optimization on the consoles will also improve performance for PC players as well
• Recent tests have been promising, should be sent for cert soon
• Nightmare mode is coming in 16.5, feedback so far has been "OMG too hard"

Excalibur Re-work
• Aiming for release on U17
• Recap: Slash Dash will ping pong between enemies in a cone shape in front of you, Radial Blind will be castable on the move and will open enemies up to Finisher attacks, Radial Javelin will become third power with heavy tweaks, new ult will allow Excalibur to draw an energy sword with a unique stance that fires energy waves with each slash
• Click
to see Excalibur's sword combo animations
• Click
to see Excalibut's new Slash Dash

QtKgiIq.gif

2g6n72s.gif

f6EAoPN.gif

chgqZ53.gif

Parkour 2.0
• Aiming for release on U17 (very tentatively)
• How stamina will interact with Parkour 2.0 is still up in the air - ironing out all the Parkour maneuvers first to decide how Stamina consumption will need to be adjusted
• Stamina is being re-viewed quite severely; the ideology is that it should restrict you from constantly performing powerful melee techniques, not from running on the walls in a cool way 
• Old tilesets will be tweaked to accomodate Parkour 2.0
• Potentially re-working the knockdown/getup animations (to allow directional rolling when you getup)  and the bleedout/buttscoot animations
• Rebecca shows off many Parkour 2.0 features including changing direction while wallrunning, braking on walls, charge jumping, zipline braking, zipline swinging, and more
• Click
to see Rebecca playing a live demo of Parkour 2.0!
• Click
to see pre-recorded clips of Rebecca doing neat stuff with Parkour 2.0

Genetic Foundry Upgrade
• Coming U17
• You'll have to retrieve a new module to upgrade your genetic foundry; not an automatic upgrade
• Automatic stasis of Kubrows that are approaching death
• There will be faster/convenient ways to get Kubrows in and out of stasis
• Kubrow Armour in U17 (next stream there should be art to show of this)
• New Kubrow breed: "Retriever" type; will have a very unique appearance

New Warframe
• Yin Yang frame
• Not coming in 16.5
• Very ambitious, future streams will spoil more details

Conclave Updates
• Annihilation and Team Annihilation game (Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch) modes coming in U16.5
• There is an aura that enemy Warframes drop upon death that must be claimed for the point
• There is some Teshin-related lore that will accompany this game mode
• Valkyr, Ember, and Oberon will become playable
• The old Conclave maps will return, with added polish, including a PVP version of the Sealab

New Starchart
• Hoping to appear in U17
• 300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes
• There may be time-based instances, such as Vor appearing temporarily, dropping different things each time
• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping
• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall
• Re-viewing player made quests again and designing the starchart so that these will be able to fit into it; hopefully this will be the answer to players that resent the removal of choice

Other Stuff
• There is a feature added to mute Warframe's sound while it's alt+tabbed
• There will be new arrow skins similar to the Valentine's day ones, but are not consumable
• Nothing predicted for Archwing until U17
• Syndicate emotes got postponed because the animation team got distracted by Parkour 2.0
• Dark Sector is not a completely canon prequal to Warframe
• New cloth Syandana is not coming in 16.5, but Boltor tonfas is
Edited by AM-Bunny

So, am I the only one that thinks the "aura" you collect in Annihilate PVP mode is a huge boost for supporters of the "Energy Tenno" theory? I mean, you drop the opposing player, but you have to collect the residual "aura" before the point counts. Perhaps this "aura" is the Tenno?

Also, not really liking the sounds of the new starchart at all.

So, am I the only one that thinks the "aura" you collect in Annihilate PVP mode is a huge boost for supporters of the "Energy Tenno" theory? I mean, you drop the opposing player, but you have to collect the residual "aura" before the point counts. Perhaps this "aura" is the Tenno?

didnt they say the ''aura'' is the tennos abillity to revive?

But i do see your point so its a possibility

Edited by tyny89

Which events are they referring to here?

I sure hope they're not referring to the ones that threw high-level ability-spamming miniboss mobs at players for five minutes.

Rebecca mentioned Gravidus as an event that people talked about for weeks and months after it ended. Something along those lines...

Which events are they referring to here?

Im guessing the Gravidius Dilemma, because thats what they mentioned in the stream

Edit: as i said, Bunny is fast... :3

Edited by tyny89

didnt they say the ''aura'' is the tennos abillity to revive?

But i do see your point so its a possibility

Hmm... yes, they did say that, but in terms of canon, what is the revival ability? Perhaps that's just another ability of the Tenno, which is why you need to "capture" it to remove that ability. Although didn't the Mirage quest make a reference to the Lotus activating the Revive ability?

Hmm... yes, they did say that, but in terms of canon, what is the revival ability? Perhaps that's just another ability of the Tenno, which is why you need to "capture" it to remove that ability. Although didn't the Mirage quest make a reference to the Lotus activating the Revive ability?

yea, this right here:

"I'm sensing another void imprint. It's dark. I see the glow of restraints around the Warframe. I'm trying to surge the revive system but I can't, I'm too far away. A great, faceted eye watches her."

but it does say Revive ''system'', not abillity so its a bit confusing now

Edited by tyny89

Rebecca mentioned Gravidus as an event that people talked about for weeks and months after it ended. Something along those lines...

Im guessing the Gravidius Dilemma, because thats what they mentioned in the stream

Edit: as i said, Bunny is fast... :3

I thought the general consensus was that the Gravidius Dilemma was a terrible event?

I sure as Hek don't want to run 100+ missions just for a shiny weapon and a badge I'll never use.

I'm a bit worried about the new "condensed" star chart, and what that will mean. it would be sad if this turns the whole Solar system exploring thing into just a mission selector for random instances. It should still feel like exploring the Solar System, or else it will take away a lot of immersion.

Edited by CruelMaiden

I haven't seen the stream yet, but only 20 nodes seems a bit sketch.

I'd rather have something like:

(# of nodes) = (# of game-types) x (# of tilesets)

That could keep clutter down, but still let you do what you want, when you want.

I haven't seen the stream yet, but only 20 nodes seems a bit sketch.

I'd rather have something like:

(# of nodes) = (# of game-types) x (# of tilesets)

That could keep clutter down, but still let you do what you want, when you want.

Problem is # of played node < (# of game-types) x (# of tilesets)

I'm not really fond of this whole "aura" collection in Annihilation. It's described as floating between players, and it must be collected to score a point, yes? To me, this sounds too much like Capture the Cephalon. Sure, you're not running between bases, but you're still hunting players that are carrying the aura rather than the cephalon and collecting things they drop upon death. To me, Deathmatch should be deathmatch, without having to worry about anything else.

I have a lot of reservations about this new starchart. I mean, what if I just want to use Frost and there's no Defense nodes available? Or the ones that are available are too high/low of level? Too bad, come back later? I predict a lot of "log on -> no good missions -> log off" in the future.

I'm not really fond of this whole "aura" collection in Annihilation. It's described as floating between players, and it must be collected to score a point, yes? To me, this sounds too much like Capture the Cephalon. Sure, you're not running between bases, but you're still hunting players that are carrying the aura rather than the cephalon and collecting things they drop upon death. To me, Deathmatch should be deathmatch, without having to worry about anything else.

The way i see it is that it will pretty much be kill confirmed, but that just how i see it.

New Starchart
• Hoping to appear in U17
• 300 nodes are being condensed to 20 nodes
• There may be time-based instances, such as Vor appearing temporarily, dropping different things each time
• Similar to Alerts, but hopefully not something that punishes players for sleeping
• There will be some removal of player choice - you will no longer be able to select whichever mission type you want, whenever you want; hopefully this will be better for the game overall
• Re-viewing player made quests again and designing the starchart so that these will be able to fit into it; hopefully this will be the answer to players that resent the removal of choice

Am I the only one concerned about this? I don't care if they condensed the solar system down, what I care about is if I want to play Jupiter Extermination, that should be what I am able to pick, not Exterminate and hope I get Jupiter and not Jupiter and hope I get Exterminate.

Plus, won't this make it so everything is so much harder to acquire without difficulty just because then you have to hope you'll get the right drops for what you're after? Isn't that time limiting, which is arguably the same sort of horrible wait as Grind? It's still the same kind of RNG at work. They talked about cycling resources and drops, and to me that sounds like a horrible idea.

Like seriously, am I the only one who sees the potential issues with giving us twenty nodes that cycle what missions/tilesets they are and what resource and drops they have?

Edited by Krion112

Thanks for this.

Not to knee jerk into anything but I'm a bit concerned by the proposed star chart changes tbh.

Less choice is rarely good and I'm not fond of certain play modes, I hope I don't ever log on and have nothing to do.

Knee jerk away, Rebecca has most the details we don't and she was visibly skeptical about the whole thing.

The worst part is, the devs are trying to pretend that it's so the starchart isn't overwhelming for new players, blah, blah, blah. That's not it at all.

Mogamu said "there will always be a Viver". People have said before that if the devs ever nerfed Draco in some way, people would just migrate to another farming spot, and another after that. People will always be drawn to the easiest, most efficient grinding spots, and this starchart overhaul seems to be designed to stop this.

You can't have a Draco when it changes daily. This is just Vivergate on a global scale.

My dream for the starchart is to have each mission type atleast once on each planet, so you can experience each mission type in each tileset without having unplayed useless extras. No idea how DE's going on about this.

Edited by Sorez