Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Is Unusable

Rafarutos

So yea i just got the tigris and im at 3 forma right now and i really dont feel its viable

Honestly i love the feel of the weapon. The sound, the double barrel mechanic, its awsome.

But it has so many drawback you can barely use it for anything above low lvl mission. I mean you can make it ok if you mod it for utility with some reload and magazine mod but it still lacks some damage in high end content.

I feel like adding 2/3 of the following would help

-reload speed (1sec?)

-damage (being able to kill ANYTHING one shot would be nice)

-more pellets

Otherwise that weapon is a waste of coolness unless i dont understand something and you guys tell me its awsome at 6 forma O_o

I've requested reload speed myself in the past but in truth I don't think that's really where it should go. I want it to be better at what it is. Give it a massive damage increase to the point it drops everything at 10m and I'd be happy as a clam. Not every gun needs to be an assault rifle or sniper or LMG. A boomstick can have it's place. The game as it is now doesn't offer us much incentive for boomsticking but that could change at any time and I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd be happy if it did.

A syndicate proc would be a good compromise IMO, as that would go a long way to helping it vs crowds. Syndicate mods seem purpose-built to help low RoF weapons to me, because targetting the big stuff which is worth more affinity gives you procs the fastest and procs excel at clearing the table of weak mobs. If tomorrow we got Rakta Tigris with nothing but a SICK damage upgrade and built-in proc I'd be very happy. Same thing with a syndicate mod, maybe to add damage or punch-through and of course a proc.

I've wanted an over/under style Tigris Prime ever since I saw the Tigris concept art. My ultimate warframe fantasy is that, with a syndicate mod for it that gives absurd amounts of punch-through. Like +100.0 punch-through. Shooting and killing stuff four tiles over, going through the map box, through their monitor and out pelting the devs with bits of Grineer organs on the other side. Yeah. That much punch-through.

Edited by VKhaun

I've requested reload speed myself in the past but in truth I don't think that's really where it should go. I want it to be better at what it is. Give it a massive damage increase to the point it drops everything at 10m and I'd be happy as a clam. Not every gun needs to be an assault rifle or sniper or LMG. A boomstick can have it's place. The game as it is now doesn't offer us much incentive for boomsticking but that could change at any time and I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd be happy if it did.

A syndicate proc would be a good compromise IMO, as that would go a long way to helping it vs crowds. Syndicate mods seem purpose-built to help low RoF weapons to me, because targetting the big stuff which is worth more affinity gives you procs the fastest and procs excel at clearing the table of weak mobs. If tomorrow we got Rakta Tigris with nothing but a SICK damage upgrade and built-in proc I'd be very happy. Same thing with a syndicate mod, maybe to add damage or punch-through and of course a proc.

I've wanted an over/under style Tigris Prime ever since I saw the Tigris concept art. My ultimate warframe fantasy is that, with a syndicate mod for it that gives absurd amounts of punch-through. Like +100.0 punch-through. Shooting and killing stuff four tiles over, going through the map box, through their monitor and out pelting the devs with bits of Grineer organs on the other side. Yeah. That much punch-through.

I agree. A syndicate mod like 80% magazine and a aoe proc could make it bearble. Ide take a straight buff too tho :p

The reload is a bit on the long side, though a buff to 1.5 seems fine to me (it's the reload time with tactical pump, if i'm not incorrect.).

More pellets... i don't know why it would help it, it honestly would just spread the damage out in more numbers, i've been able to hit most of the enemies with the 8-9 pellets that i get after modding.

The damage could use a buff, but most shotguns could use that, it's actually one of the better damage dealers in the shotgun category.

My suggestion?

Make it a boomstick, increase the spread, along with more pellets, as an increased spread would make it harder to hit those 4 standard.

Up the damage by a reasonable margin.

make the falloff a bit more prominent, so it doesn't feel like any other semi-auto rifle.

in general the falloff is a bit outdated, i don't think it should remove all damage beyond a certain point, but rather reduce the damage to ineffective levels. That and the other weapons wouldn't hurt from getting falloff as well, maybe it would give snipers a better place.

The reload is a bit on the long side, though a buff to 1.5 seems fine to me (it's the reload time with tactical pump, if i'm not incorrect.).

More pellets... i don't know why it would help it, it honestly would just spread the damage out in more numbers, i've been able to hit most of the enemies with the 8-9 pellets that i get after modding.

The damage could use a buff, but most shotguns could use that, it's actually one of the better damage dealers in the shotgun category.

My suggestion?

Make it a boomstick, increase the spread, along with more pellets, as an increased spread would make it harder to hit those 4 standard.

Up the damage by a reasonable margin.

make the falloff a bit more prominent, so it doesn't feel like any other semi-auto rifle.

in general the falloff is a bit outdated, i don't think it should remove all damage beyond a certain point, but rather reduce the damage to ineffective levels. That and the other weapons wouldn't hurt from getting falloff as well, maybe it would give snipers a better place.

I kina agree with you on that. The reason why i mention more pellet is because i feel that for a shotgun, it doesnt kill enough enemies. Even if you have lets say 6 enemies in front of you it will only kill like 2 :/

The reload should be 1s or less, so it does work similar to bows/vectis, no long reload after your magazine but a quick one every shot. Damage is fine in my opinion, pellet count is ok for the low spread. Pellet count itself is only important for pellet density with a huge spread against big groups of targets, however the tigris is fairly precise with the pellets(what is a plus, the only 2 shotguns where spread really works for you are the kohm as dps monster and the boar prime as status monster).

The reload should be 1s or less, so it does work similar to bows/vectis, no long reload after your magazine but a quick one every shot. Damage is fine in my opinion, pellet count is ok for the low spread. Pellet count itself is only important for pellet density with a huge spread against big groups of targets, however the tigris is fairly precise with the pellets(what is a plus, the only 2 shotguns where spread really works for you are the kohm as dps monster and the boar prime as status monster).

Definatly less than 1 sec if thats the only buff because imo it would still lack some killing power. Anything between 1 and 1.5 sec reload would just make the tigris a close range sniper..

I'm sorry, were you being sarcastic there? I hope so.

I meant everything, sry bad english sometimes. "Everything" as in crazy damage if I have to wait for a 1.8 reload for 2 shots, not close range vectis damage

Yeah, either a reload speed buff, or a massive damage increase, to wreck anything that gets in the way between the long reloads. It would be cool, and reward "strategic" use of that beast. But then again, doing that would make it rely more on secondaries, and with the horrendously slow switch time... not really viable, and no way I'm wasting an aura slot to make the switch time only slightly less unbearable lol.

Damage wise its among the strongest single shot shotguns out there (the hek outdamages ONLY with the syndicate mod), that said as a tigris player i seriously agree that it needs buffs, my personal ones are:

Damage: 200

Slash:            160

Puncture:        20

Impact:            20

Reload: 1.8 sec

critical multiplier: 2.0

Critical chance: 5%

Status chance: 25%

Increase to: 230

Slash:            170

Puncture:        30

Impact:            30

Reload: 1.2 sec

critical multiplier: 2.5

Critical chance: 25%

Status chance: 20%

Innate punchtrough of 4 meters from the tip of the gun

The reason for the increase on critical and reduce on status is so whe can have a serious boomstick...whe dont have as far as i know ANY viable crit shotguns and tigris would be a great start...let the tiger roar and destroy anyone stupid enought to stand in front of it

imo all unique mechanic weapons should be at the VERY least mid tier. Most should be mid-high tier and some high tier. It's bs how we ask for weapons with certain mechanics, DE puts it in, but they make it low tier so it's unusable anyway. When I ask for a weapon with certain mechanics, I mean I want a usable weapon with certain mechanics. I'm sure many can agree with that statement.