Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Is Unusable

Rafarutos

Damage wise its among the strongest single shot shotguns out there (the hek outdamages ONLY with the syndicate mod), that said as a tigris player i seriously agree that it needs buffs, my personal ones are:

Damage: 200

Slash: 160

Puncture: 20

Impact: 20

Reload: 1.8 sec

critical multiplier: 2.0

Critical chance: 5%

Status chance: 25%

Increase to: 230

Slash: 170

Puncture: 30

Impact: 30

Reload: 1.2 sec

critical multiplier: 2.5

Critical chance: 25%

Status chance: 20%

Innate punchtrough of 4 meters from the tip of the gun

The reason for the increase on critical and reduce on status is so whe can have a serious boomstick...whe dont have as far as i know ANY viable crit shotguns and tigris would be a great start...let the tiger roar and destroy anyone stupid enought to stand in front of it

Thats a VERY good suggestion. I did not really think of buffing the crit chance but it actually fits the weapon. The numbers feel really fair too

Look up Quiette Shy, she did a 6 forma Tigris that was pretty damn powerful.

I did and thats pretty much what pushed me to build the tigris. Look in the comments, shes also saying that even tho its really fun she wouldnt bring it a high end mission, with 6 forma.. of which i totally agree

Edited by Rafarutos

I meant everything, sry bad english sometimes. "Everything" as in crazy damage if I have to wait for a 1.8 reload for 2 shots, not close range vectis damage

Well, as a balance thing, you could technically have the Tigris apply a very large damage number (read - added multiplier) at very close range, also apply a knock back, then do a very steep damage falloff away from the barrel, back to something like a normal shotgun, but better, and a lot tighter in pattern.

The damage concept could be tide to energized rounds that lose cohesion fast, but have added punch near the barrel, like a charged shot.

I guess that if you have a shotgun that "double-barrels" every shot and then reloads, you want the gun to have something unique. If it just feels like every other shotgun, then I would use "every other shotgun" over one that constantly gives me a reloading animation.

Damage wise its among the strongest single shot shotguns out there (the hek outdamages ONLY with the syndicate mod), that said as a tigris player i seriously agree that it needs buffs, my personal ones are:

Damage: 200

Slash:            160

Puncture:        20

Impact:            20

Reload: 1.8 sec

critical multiplier: 2.0

Critical chance: 5%

Status chance: 25%

Increase to: 230

Slash:            170

Puncture:        30

Impact:            30

Reload: 1.2 sec

critical multiplier: 2.5

Critical chance: 25%

Status chance: 20%

Innate punchtrough of 4 meters from the tip of the gun

The reason for the increase on critical and reduce on status is so whe can have a serious boomstick...whe dont have as far as i know ANY viable crit shotguns and tigris would be a great start...let the tiger roar and destroy anyone stupid enought to stand in front of it

Thats a VERY good suggestion. I did not really think of buffing the crit chance but it actually fits the weapon. The numbers feel really fair too

Are you guys high? 

Look up Quiette Shy, she did a 6 forma Tigris that was pretty damn powerful.

I built, potatoed and formad my tigris cause I thought it was awesome. Same reason I potatoed my glaxion. If you think I'm gonna say I regret it and want it to be buffed because I have all that in it, you're wrong. XD I'm not gonna triple-forma a weapon then realize I didn't want to potato it. Anyway, it does 5000 damage per shot (since I used dual stat mods). But since it has such a long reload and is a base damage rather than crit, it doesn't stand up to a bow despite both logically and balance-wise, a shotgun should be stronger than a sniper. Yeah, I said it: because shotguns have a spread and damage a larger area like a face blender, (logically) and require close range to be effective (balance wise) they should do more damage. 

I really feel its perfect as it is now. If you spam R right after you fire the second shot the reload speed becomes quite nice. The thing that makes the Tigris balanced is the fact that it has a great damage, but you need to aim carefully and know when it's time to reload. I use Punch Through and there's nothing more satisfying than slicing in half 4 enemies with one shot.

I really feel its perfect as it is now. If you spam R right after you fire the second shot the reload speed becomes quite nice. The thing that makes the Tigris balanced is the fact that it has a great damage, but you need to aim carefully and know when it's time to reload. I use Punch Through and there's nothing more satisfying than slicing in half 4 enemies with one shot.

Have you played any missions higher level than 30? the damage falls off hard.

You could make a general statement here: there are several weapons in the game that are clearly underpowered and need to be either buffed or retired. I just don't think there's anything that could save the tigris. A double barrel shotgun is fine for hunting, but has no place on the battlefield.

• 2 weeks later...

i forma'd my tigris 5 times, it does hell of a lot of damage. but the thing is, i have to put in 5 forma's, use primed point blank and seeking force to make it on par with a tonkor thats forma'd twice

ehh, idk, a 2-forma tonkor can hit pretty hard... still, though, almost anything does well with 5 formas. either way, it still doesn't have the stats to go high-level :/

ehh, idk, a 2-forma tonkor can hit pretty hard... still, though, almost anything does well with 5 formas. either way, it still doesn't have the stats to go high-level :/

yeah, my point was that the tonk still has heaps of room to scale into late game, where with the tigris. you need to go to huge extremes to even make it a viable weapon that may not even scale well into late game

So yea i just got the tigris and im at 3 forma right now and i really dont feel its viable

Honestly i love the feel of the weapon. The sound, the double barrel mechanic, its awsome.

But it has so many drawback you can barely use it for anything above low lvl mission. I mean you can make it ok if you mod it for utility with some reload and magazine mod but it still lacks some damage in high end content.

I feel like adding 2/3 of the following would help
-reload speed (1sec?)
-damage (being able to kill ANYTHING one shot would be nice)
-more pellets

Otherwise that weapon is a waste of coolness unless i dont understand something and you guys tell me its awsome at 6 forma O_o

Sounds right to me!

I might be a little late to the party, but I love my phased tigris a wee bit too much to not leave my 2 cents :P

Personally I think it needs a few things:

-Innate 2m punch through: I think it belongs on every shotgun to a varying degree, but the tigris NEEDS it to function.

-Faster Reload: We've all said it, moving on

-Tighter vanilla spread

and finally

-We really don't need damage falloff for shotguns anymore <_<

I might be a little late to the party, but I love my phased tigris a wee bit too much to not leave my 2 cents :P

Personally I think it needs a few things:

-Innate 2m punch through: I think it belongs on every shotgun to a varying degree, but the tigris NEEDS it to function.

-Faster Reload: We've all said it, moving on

-Tighter vanilla spread

and finally

-We really don't need damage falloff for shotguns anymore <_<

definitly faster reload, most shotguns have crap accuracy enough that damage falloff is just, like, the reverse icing on the cake o.0 (turd on the trash heap?) I don't understand why you'd want a tighter spread, though, it's already insanely tight, any tighter and it wouldn't have any spread.

Only thing what I demand Tigris to be able to do is:

Actually fire the both shells at once.

It can already do this...just click and don't hold the mouse button.

If you're looking for more speed, trying manually clicking the shots and manually reloading. It removes the weird pause in between, Same goes for the vectis as well.

Yeah, except the vectis does more damage, has better crit stats, and has a faster reload...

the tigris should do more damage than the vectis (since it requires close range/being vulnerable) but the vectis is both faster and more powerful :/

Yeah, except the vectis does more damage, has better crit stats, and has a faster reload...

the tigris should do more damage than the vectis (since it requires close range/being vulnerable) but the vectis is both faster and more powerful :/

Exactly, it has about the same stats as a sniper. Plus the spread is so tight that you cant kill more than one enemy anyway. Doesnt make much sense

Poor tigris really has nothing going for itself. :(

Exactly, it has about the same stats as a sniper. Plus the spread is so tight that you cant kill more than one enemy anyway. Doesnt make much sense

Poor tigris really has nothing going for itself. :(

Idk if I would use the phrase "about the same" :/  it's more like "similar, but weaker in every way"

It makes no sense, from a balance or gameplay standpoint. It doesn't matter what way you look at it, the tigris needs a buff.

What i meant was when you're firing the tigris, pressing firing button quickly twice is faster than the auto 2 shots burst and pressing R after firing is faster than waiting for the auto reload. Wasn't comparing the tigris to the vectis at all.

Damage is it's biggest issue.

At 6 forma with maxed out mods, the Tigris still does less damage per shot than my unformad Paris prime.

Compound that with the fact that the Tigris has its damage spread over multiple pellets as well as shotgun damage falloff, and you begin to see why the Tigris needs love.

Shotguns in general (with one or two exceptions) suffer from the awful mod scaling that they have. Primed point blank helped a little, but at a cost of 530 r5 cores and 1.5m credits, I'd say it was not enough.

Remove falloff and give shotguns a multiplier based on range.

Let them do unparalleled damage up close and call it a day.