Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 52 Overview

DE_Adam

Our last Devstream took a huge leap into the future of Parkour, showing off some of the progress we've made on Parkour 2.0!  It was a lot of fun showing of some of the mechanics in progress, although like all our Devstreams it's important to remember that the content show is most definitely subject to change.

That being said, if you missed all the excitement live and want to know more about Parkour 2.0, changes to Excalibur, and upgrades to the Genetic Foundry you should check out our latest Overview here.  Let us know what you think, and enjoy the preview of our Underwater Lab on PC with the soon-to-arrive Update 16.5!

-DE_Adam

When the ability reworks for excalibur said  ' Radial Blind now opens enemies up to finishers and can be used while running' does that mean radiant finish will get changed or replaced by a different augment for excal, since it become pointless after update 17.0 ?

Noyce.

Don't forget that wall/ziplines mechanics are only a part of Parkour 2.0 though : the ninja feeling would be improved if we run, jump, side dodge (back dodge) & land as smoothly as ninja...

Still a very nice start though. :)

Edited by unknow99

The Excalibur revamp sounds nice, especially the new power. One question though: Radial Javelin turns into his 3rd ability, right ? I mean, you're not taking that out, will you ? It has been nerfed enough to become a 3rd ability.

thanks, mostly for the on/off-button at the scan-station, tell us when we have to listen at or when it become useful to use it, DE, thx =)))

work with the whole community on the star-chart changes and leave it to U 18 please, i think this change is more important then it looks like because there are not only pokemon-fans or kids playing warframe, thx for understanding =)))

or give a example by giving us a event where we can create several events as you suggest it when you give us U 17 before you change anything in that direction, DE, thank you ,-)

about everything else it looks like as "warframe-development-business as usual", thanks for that ...

oh, and please give us the possibillity to change back to the lotus-symbol in our profile-pics, im longing for that since i changed it ... i would pay also 100 plat for that option =)))))))))

Edited by varais

man it hasn't even happened and people are already screaming NERF! Lol poor excal

I know man I actually like excal now lol what you do with it in Parkour 2.0 is gonna help the warframe even more than before, People screaming NERF already is funny lol. I already use Radical Blind w/ Augment and Slash Dash together lol

Edited by Konfussed

I'm very uncomfortable with the proposed star chart changes.  There are a number of nodes that are necessary to the game as it's played now.

I remember reading that the goal is to reduce nodes to 20.  If all bosses/Warframe drops are represented (save for Derelicts and Void) then perhaps.  But what about the Dark Sectors?  They're a wonderful place to gain resources because of the increased drop rates.  Will they still be represented as they have been?  What about the Void?  Currently, it's a rare alert and drops from certain missions.  Will that be part of mission crafting?

I think condensing the nodes would be good.  I think it would increase the number of players working together, and decrease lone Tenno unable to find a squad.  I don't think it would be good to go from more content to less content.  If all 14 planets are represented with assassination and non-assassination missions, I would be happy.  If all tilesets are represented, in addition to all assassination missions, as well as all mission types, I would be happy.

I worry about how 'mission crafting' will work.  Will we have to craft a key in order to run Naiad on Neptune?  Will Naiad no longer exist, and we'll just have to craft a generic Neptune Deception with that tileset/enemy level?

I agree that the star chart can be tightened a bit.  But from what I've heard, it sounds like we'll lose consistently accessible content to RNG's cousin, Random Mission Generator.  That's not something I want.  I would hope that this could be sourced to the community to give feedback on specific changes to the star chart, instead of a vague preview.

Our last Devstream took a huge leap into the future of Parkour, showing off some of the progress we've made on Parkour 2.0!  It was a lot of fun showing of some of the mechanics in progress, although like all our Devstreams it's important to remember that the content show is most definitely subject to change.

That being said, if you missed all the excitement live and want to know more about Parkour 2.0, changes to Excalibur, and upgrades to the Genetic Foundry you should check out our latest Overview here.  Let us know what you think, and enjoy the preview of our Underwater Lab on PC with the soon-to-arrive Update 16.5!

-DE_Adam

This was left unlocked ?

I'm very uncomfortable with the proposed star chart changes.  There are a number of nodes that are necessary to the game as it's played now.

I remember reading that the goal is to reduce nodes to 20.  If all bosses/Warframe drops are represented (save for Derelicts and Void) then perhaps.  But what about the Dark Sectors?  They're a wonderful place to gain resources because of the increased drop rates.  Will they still be represented as they have been?  What about the Void?  Currently, it's a rare alert and drops from certain missions.  Will that be part of mission crafting?

I think condensing the nodes would be good.  I think it would increase the number of players working together, and decrease lone Tenno unable to find a squad.  I don't think it would be good to go from more content to less content.  If all 14 planets are represented with assassination and non-assassination missions, I would be happy.  If all tilesets are represented, in addition to all assassination missions, as well as all mission types, I would be happy.

I worry about how 'mission crafting' will work.  Will we have to craft a key in order to run Naiad on Neptune?  Will Naiad no longer exist, and we'll just have to craft a generic Neptune Deception with that tileset/enemy level?

I agree that the star chart can be tightened a bit.  But from what I've heard, it sounds like we'll lose consistently accessible content to RNG's cousin, Random Mission Generator.  That's not something I want.  I would hope that this could be sourced to the community to give feedback on specific changes to the star chart, instead of a vague preview.

20 nodes total meaning every planet will only have one node, i would need more details on this from DE before assuming anything.

Edited by Kaiservadin