Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade Items Being Console Exclusive

Swatcop

The opposite could be said just as easily: So. Anyone else hate the idea of PC exclusive items?

The jade and obsidian stuff on consoles are just cosmetic skins. They aren't unique weapons with their own mastery, same way the PC has unique PC-exclusive skins (except PC players have it one better, PC players had the chance to nab exclusive/limited weapons and had the chance to opt into founders to get an exclusive Warframe and weapons). Phased skins, Rubedo skins, Discontinued event weapons (Snipetron, Snipetron Vandal), etc etc etc.

Some of the PC exclusive skins can still be obtained to an extent; the phased and rubedo skins can be traded between players on the Steam marketplace. Meanwhile the console exclusive skins cannot be obtained after they leave the store.

I have no issues at all with platform exclusive cosmetics.

Edited by Letter13

Inb4 Founders exclusive being PC exclusive but in reality it's a founders exclusive where only a minority of the players have.

Edit: yes I want the jade skins but I don't need them.

Edited by izzatuw

So. Anyone else hate the idea of PC exclusive items?

The jade and obsidian stuff on consoles are just cosmetic skins. They aren't unique weapons with their own mastery, same way the PC has unique PC-exclusive skins (except PC players have it one better, PC players had the chance to nab exclusive/limited weapons and had the chance to opt into founders to get an exclusive Warframe and weapons). Phased skins, Rubedo skins, Discontinued event weapons (Snipetron, Snipetron Vandal), etc etc etc.

Me neither, so give PC something that isn't a Founder, or Promotional item DE has no control over.

Something transparent people can't miss out on, unless they are not around.

I fee like Consoles should have something while PC has Excal prime, and updates sooner

Excal prime was out before the thought of console porting the game... yah no, thats a poor example.

As for exclusives, honestly I think it should be dead even down the middle, but then again consoles are what, several versions behind us? they are in 16.3, it will take another 3 months give or take, to catch up to where we are now. Do they deserve exclusives? yes, why? because its a way to get people to play the game, even if it is outdated to the PC version.

Wow....was you just in an bad mood or something or did you really just be passive aggressive, I agree that Consoles need to have their own share of love, even that I hate Xbone to its guts but really not the best move Letter.

Something transparent people can't miss out on, unless they are not around.

That's exactly what the Founders program was. It was transparent and it was something people couldn't miss out on... unless they were not around. The same could be said of all the exclusive event weapons and even the discontinued weapons.

The same applies to the Jade and Obsidian stuff on consoles; it's time limited. If console players miss the window for the current set of jade/obsidian gear, there may not be another chance to get those cosmetics.

Basically, the PC version of the game has oodles more exclusives than the console versions, and PC players had the chance to get them all. And like the Console exclusive skins, all of the PC platform exclusives were all limited time this and exclusively available that.

That's exactly what the Founders program was. It was transparent and it was something people couldn't miss out on... unless they were not around. The same could be said of all the exclusive event weapons and even the discontinued weapons.

The same applies to the Jade and Obsidian stuff on consoles; it's time limited. If console players miss the window for the current set of jade/obsidian gear, there may not be another chance to get those cosmetics.

Basically, the PC version of the game has oodles more exclusives than the console versions, and PC players had the chance to get them all. And like the Console exclusive skins, all of the PC platform exclusives were all limited time this and exclusively available that.

You would be right if Warframe had any name for itself at the time. But it didn't. It was a new IP, and for a long while closed Beta. (I for one was around when the Founder packages were still available I think, but I couldn't justify buying it for those prices.) That being said, I don't really miss Excal Prime, so I'm not arguing to get it.

However that doesn't change the fact that there were not a lot of people around at that time, and considering it a PC exclusive thing is just silly, given Warframe had no intent to go consoles back then.

Strun Wraith has returned like right naow on all consoles, besides CB items and founders all players on all platforms will have the chance to gain weapons that were originally unobtainable on consoles i.e Wraith Twin Vipers.

Idc about Founders tbh, prefer the Jade skin but founders ended like a month or two after it went to open beta? I'm pretty sure the amount of players compared to now is more than doubled than last time.

all players on all platforms will have the chance to gain weapons that were originally unobtainable on consoles i.e Wraith Twin Vipers.

No, they won't. It's why many items and weapons did not transfer over from the PC version to the console version when migrations were live. The majority of which were exclusive cosmetics, but some of it was exclusive great like CBT gifts, founders gear and the Snipetron.

So. Anyone else hate the idea of console exclusive items?

You guys had the Excalibur prime, Skana and Lato prime, and extra wraith and vandal item. The only thing we got , was the obsidian skins. I wanted Excalibur Prime.

The real question is, why did they make pc exclusive items lol.

Yes. Should be available to console users. And that sexy obsidian skin should be available to PC.

Event items that were released before console version existed are not "PC exclusive" they are "event exclusive." There was no console to have that event on at the time. Doesn't count.

Yes. Should be available to console users. And that sexy obsidian skin should be available to PC.

Event items that were released before console version existed are not "PC exclusive" they are "event exclusive." There was no console to have that event on at the time. Doesn't count.

I'd be very pleased to have Vandal Phased Vauban skin

I would rock Ankyros or (Prime Variant) if I had Ankhryos Phased skin on PS4

I would even trade away my Obsidian Skins for those.

Also digging that Rubedo Drakgoon skin

I'd be very pleased to have Vandal Phased Vauban skin

I would rock Ankyros or (Prime Variant) if I had Ankhryos Phased skin on PS4

I would even trade away my Obsidian Skins for those.

Also digging that Rubedo Drakgoon skin

Yea I would take that trade any day... lol every platform got something, be happy that anyone got anything.

Edited by (PS4)buterz56

The opposite could be said just as easily: So. Anyone else hate the idea of PC exclusive items?

Some of the PC exclusive skins can still be obtained to an extent; the phased and rubedo skins can be traded between players on the Steam marketplace. Meanwhile the console exclusive skins cannot be obtained after they leave the store.

I should probably mention that my disappointment isn't due to the weapons themselves or exclusives being exclusive, more so towards the Latron and Kamas are literally 2 of my favorite weapons out of every one in warframe, and it mostly just annoys me thinking that no matter what, my favorite things will never have the one skin I solely want more than any other I've ever seen... But such is the way of Warframe, and they must be accepted XD

I also need to mention, I'm not upset about consoles getting exclusive things, and yes the PC have more, but in that sense, the PC players in general are founders of what Warframe is, without us, there wouldn't even be a console edition to go to, all I can ask for is if console is getting something exclusive, PC should be considered into as well and given something in addition, or at the very least make a cycle of when/what things follow instead of creating a linear scale or utter randomness just to justify console not having as much as PC does.

Also. Don't EVER release any type of black/green theme ANYTHING, nor do anything to my Latron/Lex/Marelok/Kama without PC being involved.... My literal favorite things and I gotta spend 450 bucks to get em DX

Edited by Swatcop