Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

Anybody else noticed ?

Some are wondering if the Boltace is that usable, mainly beacause of its poor range ( https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/456265-boltace-nearly-unusable/ ).
But the fact is, as a melee player, I can tell 100% sure there is something wrong with my melee range since 16.5.

Self-quote from the topic mentionned above :
"I just can speak about the Jat Kittag (+ 8/10 Primed Reach), witch I know quite well by playing with for 5 months.
It's like the horizontal range aven't been changed, while the vertical range has been drastically decreased.
I used to smash surveillance cameras and nullifier-grineer-things-on-top-of-doors with a normal air melee attack pretty easily. But now, it's barely impossible, I have to be sooooo close when I lauch my attack !
Likewise, hit an ennemy in a stair was a piece of cake with Jat + P.Reach (even without P.Reach) before 16.5."

I have just finished the Kubrow event on Earth... what a frustration ! I miss more shots than before 16.5 and without P.Reach.

So, just a bug, or... something stealthy, like a nerf ? :o
Or could it just be about the Jat Kittag ?

Edited by Nikbis

Noticed this too, on the Scindo prime with Tempo Royale, I'm not hitting low enemies on the ground with the first attack like before. Also, the DNikana seems to have the range of arm's reach. If this is a nerf, then DE done goofed, if this is a bug, they still done goofed.

Kubrow during the tac alert while being on a slope slightly below me caused quite some trouble hitting them with my trusty Tonbo (8/10 primed reach). This did not happen before.I used to be able to reliable hit things above and below with ease. I thought I might be mistaken but since this thread popped up I am convinced I have not gone mad just yet.

I am not sure if these are all just bugs and glitches or DE intentionally stealth nerfing stuff.

Observations so far:

Drakgoon's pellet are invisible most of the time and the ricochet seems to be gone.

Nullifier bubbles are blast proof at least vs the Tonkor's grenades. 

Tonkor grenades not detonating upon impact on viable targets

Melee range off in the vertical across the board.

Edited by Hatzeputt

I believe this is probably not a result of stealth nerfs, but a side-effect of the performance/physics updates. Physics in particular has to have mucked with a LOT of things. And Null bubbles are blast-proof from basically everything, actually.

Wrong, when the Tonkor came out I took it to TIVs and spamed grenades, they reliably took out everything including Nullifiers, detonating on the ground after their timer ran out, the blast would kill the Nullifier. Now when the blast hits the bubble you get a 0 damage notification. Another guy reported that before 16.5 he could kill Nullies inside their bubble with the Opticor if it had been shrunk a bit utilizing its AoE blast. Since 16.5, so he said that is not possible anymore! 

Edited by Hatzeputt

Wrong, when the Tonkor came out I took it to TIVs and spamed grenades, they reliably took out everything including Nullifiers, detonating on the ground after their timer ran out, the blast would kill the Nullifier. Now when the blast hits the bubble you get a 0 damage notification. Another guy reported that before 16.5 he could kill Nullies inside their bubble with the Opticor if it had been shrunk a bit utilizing its AoE blast. Since 16.5, so he said that is not possible anymore! 

I meant since 16.5. It is a thing they broke, but they broke it for everything, not just Tonk. Should have specified.

Please, don't let that topic fall in the depth of the forum :(

I'm sure there is more people using melee weapons, as main or occasionally, not just for coptering, who wants it reverted as soon as possible.

Some upvotes for more visibility would be appreciated, same as more feedbacks, thanks :)

I meant since 16.5. It is a thing they broke, but they broke it for everything, not just Tonk. Should have specified.

Well would it have not been nice IF they announced that change? So far I haven´t seen neither an announcement nor a fix about it and that goes for the other things I listed and the original topic as well! 

To be back on topic, is it possible that they tinkered with the hit boxes of the melee weapons to make them closer in size to the weapon in preparation of something new? This would explain the behavior especially in the vertical department of several melee weapons and the hard coded animations that we have. With smaller hit boxes horizontal strikes at chest height for example would miss crouching feral kubrows. I sure do hope that we get a fully directional melee system that includes the animations. I mean other games have it and I doubt it is beyond DE´s ability to code. If the current maladies are in preparation of this I do not really mind. If it is just a stealth nerf, I would certainly do mind and be quite pissed about it.

Well would it have not been nice IF they announced that change? So far I haven´t seen neither an announcement nor a fix about it and that goes for the other things I listed and the original topic as well! 

To be back on topic, is it possible that they tinkered with the hit boxes of the melee weapons to make them closer in size to the weapon in preparation of something new? This would explain the behavior especially in the vertical department of several melee weapons and the hard coded animations that we have. With smaller hit boxes horizontal strikes at chest height for example would miss crouching feral kubrows. I sure do hope that we get a fully directional melee system that includes the animations. I mean other games have it and I doubt it is beyond DE´s ability to code. If the current maladies are in preparation of this I do not really mind. If it is just a stealth nerf, I would certainly do mind and be quite &!$$ed about it.

Again, it is PROBABLY a bug caused by the physics optimizations. They may not have completely realized how heavily it screwed up melee. BUT if this is really a lead-up to Melee 3.0, directional melee, and charge attack shenanigans, well, fine. I still miss my Orthos Prime being a helicopter blade even before Primed Reach though.

As a PS4 player whom attacks with melee (Gun on Back) I will not be looking forward to 16.5 if melee range is wonky.

With Obex -Brutal Tide with Primed Reach (10/10) I can kick normal Corpus Cameras with Flare (kick)

Hoping DE squashes the bugs

Which announced melee buff? Sorry, too many patch notes as of late, not sure what you're referring to.

Only some words about that on devstreams. Sorry, I was too disappointed by this bug and added a bit of sarcasm.

It's safe to say that the Scindo Prime is my main melee weapon for doing damage, while the Orthos Prime and the Tipedo are my main melee weapons for mobility.

Scindo Prime:

I go into the tactical alert with Cleaving Whirlwind equipped by accident, but I just thought "eh, it'll work." I start to spin, and enemies had to literally be right on top of me for me to hit them. It got so bad with the kubrows that I had to pop into Hysteria due to not being able to hit anything to gain health back with life strike.

Orthos Prime:

Switched to the Orthos for the next run, knowing it has insane default range. Turns out that was a worse idea than the Scindo Prime. I felt like I was using a dagger and not a damn polearm.

In the end, I had to rely on the knockdowns from Tempo Royale to complete the tactical alert, while also realizing that it is quite literally impossible to kill kubrows in Hysteria right now. I plan to do some further testing in the Simulacrum, but I'll have to do some research into the range of melee weapons pre-16.5 for comparison.

I noticed that certain weapon stances were no longer activating certain combo effects. Tranquil Cleave's own Breathless Lunge is supposed to be stunning enemies at the end of its' combo allowing for a Finisher, but somewhere around 16.5 it suddenly and inexplicably stopped doing so. I'm wondering if perhaps the hit-box responsible for stunning enemies is somehow screwed up as a result of this apparent physics change. 

I have a nearly maxed out Primed Reach on most of my weapons and was noticing that it was quite difficult to hit the Kubrow as well. Additionally, I've been having a very difficult time hitting ospreys and other floating enemies with aerial attacks, where previously I could peg them almost every time without much difficulty. 

It looks as though melee is nice and broken again~ 

I'm glad somebody noticed, after 16.5 my Tonbo can't kill lvl~20 enemies properly since it seems to be missing 50% of the time. And don't get me started on those shield drones in void (aka aladin lamps), they have learned that the safest place for them to survive is to come to my melee range and float above my head =/ It's almost imposible to kill them with melee. And this happened as I finally upgraded my Primed Reach to rank 10...

Edited by OverlordAsheron