Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will Happen To Alad V Now?

BrazilianJoe

So, now that he has this Grineer genetic technology, what you think will happen? 

My personal future timeline goes more or less like this: 

1) Tyl Regor research was setback a bit, but he will soon rise and we get to butt heads with him personally, all while Alad V tinkers with its solution. (Tyl Regor re-release event, nothing about Alad apart maybe from a bit of lore dump to set up the future)

2) Alad V  makes a distress call to the Tenno asking for help. He claims he found a cure, but maybe it was too late for him to be saved. He asks for the Lotus help to meet him and, if he couldn' t be saved, to be slain to prevent that scourge from spreadingto the rest of the system. Set-up event where we fight a completely Infested Alad V. When killed, the infested alad dissolves into a bunch of worms which always creep into the infested floor. 

3) Alad V resurfaces after the event, thanking the Tenno for their efforts, clean from the infestation. He claims to have separated the infestation from himself, in a Jekyll and Hyde fashion, where the infestation retained a copy of most of his memories and intelligence, but with an evil intent. Alad V also claims that the cure gave him "surprising unforeseen side effects ". He is seen with a proto-armor of some kind, wielding Tenno-like powers and fighting the infested with ease. He says he fears what Infested V could do with his knowledge and claims regret to what he unleashed unto the System. Small event or tactical alert to prepare for the next big one.

4) Infested V Speaks to the Tenno claiming that it is going to take over the System (why they have to be all so megalomaniac?). Lotus claims that a capital ship was completely overtaken by the infestation and seems to have made a mind of this own. Alad V claims it could be the work of Infested V and pledges to help. G3 Golem Infested Ship Event! In the event we not only fight the ship, but also have to open up a vulnerability windows for Alad V to strike with all his power against the  heart (or brain) of the ship. The ship is disabled or has engines destroyed/gimped, becoming a satellite around Eris (hey, moons can have moons!) but it is too big to be destroyed, and keeps regenerating itself. In the aftermath Alad V is presumed dead, sacrificing himself in the conflict. OR IS HE (tum-dum-dum)?

What cure? The only place where anyone mentions a cure is in Salad V's message, everyone else refers to it as research data. I seriously doubt that Tyl's research had anything to do with curing infestation...

But being the smatpants that he is, Alad V will create a cure and this research data will help. Only he will not be cured, he will be rendered immune to the infestation, pretty much like the Tenno were... So he becomes Tenno, powers and all, and embarks in a journey of redemption. He no longer needs proxies or surrogates to wield the Tenno power, and understands what it truly means.

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

But being the smatpants that he is, Alad V will create a cure and this research data will help. Only he will not be cured, he will be rendered immune to the infestation, pretty much like the Tenno were... So he becomes Tenno, powers and all, and embarks in a journey of redemption. He no longer needs proxies or surrogates to wield the Tenno power, and understands what it truly means.

Alad is empty shell controlled by infestation, he will use a "cure" to make/turn himself into J3-Golem

What i predict, is that the cure goes horribly wrong and alad rapidly mutates and turns into J3 Golem. The raid for killing J3 is putting alad out of his misery once and for all.

Just for you to know... J3 Golem has a few hundreds of years if my memory doesn't lie to me, so that's a big problem.

He will use the data to do one of four things:

A) He will make Juggernauts with it

B) He will make J-3 Golem with it

C) He will use it to become J-3 Golem

D) A combination of the three

There will be no cure. He was lying. He's Alad V, why would you expect him to tell the truth? If he in fact uses the data to make a cure in any capacity, I will be more surprised than I have been at any other moment in Warframe's history.

EDIT: Just for clarity's sake, all of those options will be intentional. He will not accidentally create a ship-wide infestation we have to fight. That will be his goal. Because he's an ambulatory agent of the virus.

Edited by BlaineKodos

Alad V's "cure" will be the birth of the Juggernaut and J3-Golem.

Alad will be all like, "Little Tenno, thinking a cure for this is possible. This needs no cure, this is immortality! Embrace your fate Tenno, you have sealed it."

And I will be all like, "Alad, you are dumb. I am going to come and burn you. I will burn everything. Burn. It. All. Nothing is safe."

And then Lotus will be all like, "Tenno is this greater than any threat you have ever faced... bla bla bla defeat Alad V once and for all"

Yep. I might even kill him with that Karak Wraith for irony if I get the chance.

More than likely Alad V will forget he had the material to make a cure, he's very busy you know. As per usual, he will eat lots and lots of salad, that's how he keeps his figure. In his last moments he will remember about all of this cure business and inject himself, however it won't save him entirely. Due to the high intake of vegetables he will then become the galaxy's first half-man, half-infested, half-plant, thing. From then on he will be known as Salad V.

God i hope not. Having Alad running around in proto armor using tenno like powers just sounds weird to me.

If he truly has cured himself i think his just going to become a Tenno supporter while trying to regain the wealth he once had.

Alad V will become the first Corpus Rapper and release his new Zanuka mixtape.  Every Corpus tile set will play his raps through all the Corpus speakers.  Upon  mission complete you will be rewarded with his Zanuka mixtape plus a new Gold Chain from the void.

Couldn't care less what he does if he betrays us... cause that would be boring.

So I just hope he doesn't betray us...hope he Does something completely unexpected!

Make him an NPC in the relay... what do I know...friendly Alad V.

Well, as far as I can tell Salad used the research to cure himself.  I know, I was shocked as well but the message from Salad at the end of the event used the non-infested portrait and not the infested portrait.

So the real question- why would he flee the power given to him by the infested, moreso since he was supposedly twisted by the infested?  The man is the most self serving and selfish bastard in the universe and is only interested in saving his own hide- rest of the system be damned.  So what had him so spooked to have him desperately seek a cure for his disease?

I can assure you it wasn't a sudden change of heart (and if it turns out it was then that would be the laziest piece of writing known to man.)

Alad V resurfaces after the event, thanking the Tenno for their efforts, clean from the infestation. He claims to have separated the infestation from himself, in a Jekyll and Hyde fashion, where the infestation retained a copy of most of his memories and intelligence, but with an evil intent. Alad V also claims that the cure gave him "surprising unforeseen side effects ". He is seen with a proto-armor of some kind, wielding Tenno-like powers and fighting the infested with ease. He says he fears what Infested V could do with his knowledge and claims regret to what he unleashed unto the System. Small event or tactical alert to prepare for the next big one.

...wat? Since when does immunity to the infestation equal proto-armor and Tenno powers? That has nothing to do with the Void. And the void is pretty well confirmed to be the source of the Tenno's powers... they being void-scarred humans an' all.

I'm not averse to Alad being a Tenno supporter/good guy... more or less. He should have learned his lesson by now, quite frankly. But he is no hero. Might lead a syndicate of other cured infested people... maybe his cure doesn't get rid of the infestation so much as it does neutralize it--stop it from spreading and cutting it off from the hivemind influence. That would be interesting. Would be a way to get us an infested themed syndicate, too.