Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disconnecting From Host During Loading

Brojomojo

As you can see from the title, I keep getting disconnected from the host, or my friends keep getting disconnected from me during the loading screen. I haven't been able to play multiplayer ever since I downloaded it to my new computer, single player is fine, obviously, but I could use some help trying to figure out what's going on.

• Like 2

@wranian

That didn't work for me -- since the hotfix during the double resource weekend I haven't been able to do any multiplayer missions without disconnecting upon loading into a mission. I always get a long pause with a black screen right when the transition movie plays (where our lisets fly to the planet) and then as soon as I get in I DC

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm new to pc warframe. Every single time I host a game, everyone lags out. Every single time I try to join a game it says "Lost connection to host returning to mp menu." I come from xbox warframe and I have to say im very disappointed in the performance and matchmaking in pc warframe. The xbox warframe never had a problem as bad as this. I've also been hearing from veteran pc players that this issue has been a problem since update 10!!! Please for the love of god DE fix this game!!!

Hi!

Im quite new to warframe there is only a month of playing behind me, and since i braved into Void and Derelict missions I also experience this problem. Specifically with T1D, ODD and ODE (or Vault run) missions. As I saw, it makes no difference if I host it or anybody else. It happens often but not always. When every team member ticks to start and the countdown ends throwing us to the loading screen it gives a message: Host migration in progress. Again, no difference if I host or anyone else. When this happens 1 or more players are thrown back in the Liset, luck determines if the "new" host can reinv them at all. The remaining players are entering the desired map, however a few men short. Retrying after aborting (on the part of those who actually got in) may work but no insurance. 2-3 fails and the hardly put together team usually disbands instead of struggling any more so that is as far as I got in examining this problem. What I did not experience this with is T2D, T1Capture and T1Exterminate. But than again, I did not play those yet that much as T1D, ODD and ODE, and I have not been to any other maps so far. According to forums and chat this is a general thing, I really hope it is going to be fixed because these types of missions  (void and derelict) are the most problematic in terms of putting a team together (and keeping it that way during the match), and if our match is messed up, many of the members just quit and we have to start over searching. So no real activity ingame just being logged in and getting ever more angry. Not to mention that these missions are the ones that yield the rewards that really keep people playing the game. Nobody wants to play a simle planet map over and over with small rewards. Please fix this! Keep people playing. This game is awesome by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

I have similar problems just like BIO10 it started on the doubleressource we.

For what i found out so far it must have something to do with a timeout on the side of the host.

My game starts freezing as soon as the loading screen is shown. the complexity of the map determines how long this freez is: tx def no prob/ tx sabo no chance...

i can say if i will loose the connection to the host even before it happens just by watching the clock counting seconds. After the freez it will take 5-10 sec for the loading bar to reach ~65% and i will be kicked or it continues depending if i made it in time. I assume it must be something around 30sec for the host to timeout the connection to the client.

1st i would like to hear if others can confirm that

(1.5 it would be nice if DE  staff ever notice these posts :)

2nd the easey workaround on DE side would be to make the timeout time 1-2 mins if this isnt possible to sent a placeholde signal to the hosts to keep the connection open.

3rd it would be nice to get rid of those freezes

(4th pls forgive me my bad english)

• 4 weeks later...

If it's something along the lines of:

1. Loading screen takes a while to come up

2. Load bar fills 2/3rds-3/4ths of the way

3. "Connection to the host has been lost"

4. Booted back to the Liset

Turning off DX10 mode in the launcher is the only known workaround currently, and doesn't work for everyone.

Solution For Playing With Friends

I say playing with friends in title for reason. This will not fix matchmaking, but you can still play with your friends. I have this issue and I use this method all the time. So, what you want to do is instead of loading in with a squad or joining a game, what you do is load into the game and then invite people to your game. They will join right behind you, regardless of your location (you can get a head start). However this may seem annoying because enemies attack you in about 10 seconds for some missions, this is the only method (other than turning off DX, but doesn't work for all) that is available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

It's September 2021, and this issue is still happening.  Here is the interesting part.

Computer routers / computer set in into a DMZ, restart everything, go into game, get a group, Host Migration and disconnected.  Get invited/join a friend and everything is just fine.  Finish the the mission, host migration, not in the squad anymore.

Use a VPN, it's the same issue.  This is not an ISP problem, it is a problem with their servers and their configuration files.  This company needs to do something about these files so that people stop having this issue for smoother game play.  The only reason this happens more on the PC and not on any consoles is because that XB and PS will take them out of the stores unless they fix their files and on the PC we are dreaded by Steam or their direct version which screws everyone over.  I think having an issue for over 6 years in an IT world is pretty horrible.  Please look into this so that we can just play your game.

• 1 year later...

Well since this one is not Archived, I will say - its 2023 and its still happening.

I play from GeForce Now, my wife too. We never have problems playing together, and we never had problems prior when playing from our computers. However, recently I managed to persuade a friend to come back and play the game. Everything was fine, until the fire natio- I mean he came over to play at my place on his laptop.

Every time we end a mission, he gets dropped out, me and wife stay in squad no problem. It always gets worse and he starts getting dropped while loading in missions, which is just absurd. We always invite him back when we load in the mission, but Jesus Fluxing Christ that is not normal for a co-op game you are supposed to play with friends.

I have tried a lot of things, and I mean A LOT. Port forwarding? Yep done that. Adjusting Wi-Fi and Ethernet settings (trying both connections), resetting Router, Resetting Router settings and even.... turning it off and on again. Playing around with his laptop's settings, setting up static IPs, banging my head against a wall, Flushing DNS, Optimizing Game files, Verifying Cache, reinstalling the game, optimizing and verifying again, trying with all of us on DX12, seems Despair is not just a weapon from Stalker huh. The problem is still there.... only when he is in our house.

When he is in his place (ISP same as ours) which in fact is very close to us, he does not get dropped, be it him playing from his laptop or his PC. I know that makes it look like the problem is somewhere in my connection, but I have done everything except request a new router..... for which I will definitely be laughed off by the ISP. That problem happens ONLY with Warframe. We play other peer-to-peer games, in the same configuration - me and wife from GFN and him on same laptop, and we have ZERO issues... ZERO.

WHY is this still a thing? Why isn't there a simple thing we can check to see what is causing it after 8 Years of this problem existing? How is every forum thread regarding this dead, with no real solution? I would love to see an answer to those questions.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I was having an issue with my private IP causing my NAT to be type 2 (moderate). I've been getting kicked out of any match I or anyone joined via invite, getting a host migration warning. The solution is to play with Cloudflare WARP(https://cloudflarewarp.com/) or some VPN. It is also possible to arrange a private IP with your ISP, which will likely incur a charge.

Edited by Lukirk

• 2 weeks later...

I have resolved the problem, at least for myself.

After hours of needlessly wasted time i figured out what my problem was. My configuration was the main switch and a Wi-Fi router after it to provide the Wi-Fi in the house. After some digging it turned out that the main switch was assigning my PC or my wife's laptop the same IP as the one Wi-Fi router was assigning to my friend's laptop, or sometimes the IP of the Switch itself was distributed to my friend's laptop by the router, however me and my wife are also directly connected to the switch, which obviously causes problems. I know it is not supposed to, since both are provided by the same ISP, but it was doing it. Therefore i simply set the Wi-Fi router as Access Point, once i did it the problem disappeared.

So, in case you are having that problem, and you have a secondary router you connect to, setting it up as Access Point should solve your problem. If you are not with a secondary router setup, i cannot give you any useful advise that has not already been given.