Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Rework (Long Read)

Xolot

These are the ideas I have for the stalker rework, one that will make this forgotten enemy recover the fear it inspired in fellow tenno's hearts.

This rework bases around a far stronger Stalker, his mind and body contains traces of an old Tenno enemy, a new special elemental ailment created for him and his weapons, and a battle partner for him.

It isn't finished yet, I'll complete it when I have more time and I want to know what fellow tenno thinks about my suggestions, and what should I change about them.

Visual Changes

-The new Stalker has refined itself, has become a master, has gotten a new and secret power far beyond those filthy Tenno, his armor has changed, no longer resembles a Excalibur, but a custom armor as hard as cold as his resenfull black soul. This armor will evolve as the Stalker takes the cores to power it while in battle, the armor will be gradually covered with white machinery, the red lights on his helmet will become more shiny and cover the whole suit too like cracks with the same desing that the rift sigil, making him more visible, and connecting al oro cores in his body (Will explain later)

Voice Changes

-New stalker will have more voice lines that will be heard during the battles, certain actions of the stalker will make his voice gradually become a double voice , one his original one, and the other a syntetic like voice. (the more Oro he gets, the more the syntetic voice is heard)

-Betrayers are just thrash waiting to be thrown in the heap

(Dropping Tenno to the floor after grab)

-Suffocate the light

(Creating Dark Prisma)

-This is not how it had to be

(Killing all Tenno with 1 or more Oro absorbed)

-Suffer the Darkness you gave me

(Applicating “Darkened” with any attack)

-You are all Betrayers!

(Killing objetctive Tenno and starting the hunt for the rest)

-You transformed me into this monster

(Sentient presence)

-No one will escape

(Creating Darkness Walls to stop Tenno from fleeing)

-Come forth puppet

(Getting 1 Oro and summoning Pandora)

-The Darkness spreads

(Getting 2 Oro)

-Your pain is not enough

(Getting 3 Oro)

-Masters, forgive me for becoming this abomination

(Getting 4 Oro)

Let us fight like gentlemen

-The Stalker apparition rate will change a bit, it will be defined by conclave too plus normal apparition percentage, the bigger the conclave, the easier for him to appear, the lower the harder for him to appear, having his sigil on raises the chance 10%

A New Vision

-When the present stalker appears, the light flickers several times, but, with the new one, the light will go completelly out when he appears, the only way of seeing around will be using powers, firing weapons, creating sparks with melee hitting or chanelling that will create small lights for seconds, you will be able to see the faint silouettes of obstacles and a red stalker silouette slightly and a bit brighter when he starts preparing an attack, you will see your comrades like if they were behind an obstacle.

Rought Start

-Present Stalker bow down and show respect for the conclave, but the new one forgot that already, he changed, he became stronger, and overall, he is really pissed no one paid attention to the bow down and just tried to kill it the moment he stood up without even saying hi!!

New stalker will appear all of a sudden in front of the objective, and do a grab on him, will take it by the neck, lift it up with one hand, discharge darkness in it, infecting the objective with the “Merged with Darkness” State and then throw it at his feet like if the Tenno was thrash (The darkness discharge will visually be the same as a Tenno using channel with black energy)

Merged with Darkness Explanation (or Darkened)

-This is a new element, born from the Stalker's Dark Soul, and impregnated in every of the many weapons he has, created from the effect of this Darkness in weapon trophies from Tenno hunted in the past.

-It's Effects when applied to a Tenno (Or enemy when using Stalker's weapons) consist in 10 seconds of characteristics draining:

20 Health per second

20 Shield per second

20 armor per second

5 Stamina per second

0.15 Speed per second (attack and movement)

-While this effect is active your Warframe will be visually covered in a dark aura and will keep getting weaker while the drained stats go to the Stalker (or user of the Taboo Weapons), after the 10 seconds count is over, all stats returns to the owner save for Health that will stay with the Stalker, and Shields, that will become overshields if necessary

Note: It's possible for the Shield and Health to start regenerating while the drainage is in effect, it doesn't stop any kind of regen, be it by Oberon's Renewal, Trinity's Blessing and so.

-In a weapon, the effect will be the same as syndicate blasts, the effect will be called “Death” upon activation will release a AOE Radial attack around the player dealing 1000 Darkness damage (Neutral to all kinds of health classes, will restore full life and shields to the player and make it inmune to all classes of CC for 30 seconds) and having 100% chances to proc “Merged with Darkness”

Note: These weapons are cursed, they will damage fellow Tennos and apply “Merged with Darkness” to them too if in the AOE range while “Death” activates

More experienced than ever

-This new Stalker has both new and old tricks down it's sleeve, now it will be able to use every ability of any Warframe (Cry in desesperation when you try to burst it down like you do now with 4 full formaed soma prime and you see that he had Vex armor on, with fire aura and enters in hysteria, or when you shoot it down and see he had Shatter shield and you just gunned down your own teammates). Unfortunatelly, he has lost his signature Dispell as a side effect

-Complete Weapon Mastery:

He will appear just with Hate, Dread and Despair, he will be able to get access to his very own Taboo armament the moment he gets one Oro Core and oppens Pandora's Box to unleash full Chaos.

-His weapons will be evolved forms of his main weapons, and one of every kind:

Chaos: Taboo Nikana

Heresy: Taboo Gunblade

Blight: Taboo Rifle

Cruelty: Taboo Glaive

Lust: Taboo Dual Pistols

Anger: Taboo Rocket Launcher

Madness: Taboo Sword and Shield

And many more.

-New Stalker has improved learning, reflexes and movements, you will see him wallrunning, hiding behind covering, becoming a dark cloud of smoke to move really fast and reach those jumping Tennos (When this smoke touches a Tenno, Stalker will reappear and introduction choke grab will be played on that Tenno applying Darkened on it), he will have vision now, being able to block shots or slices if the same Tenno just use that same weapon every time (even stripping the Tenno of all its weapons in a moment with the power of Oro Cores, reducing the Tenno's combat skill just to hand to hand combat like in Zanuka Hunter's mission until until the Tenno takes his weapons back from where the Stalker dropped it)

-Dark prism:

Cristal prism made of darkness, the Stalker will use it to make any of his attacks an AOE from different directions, he will set it where he wants and let it floating, any attack that touches the prism will be reflected in all directions while the prism spins, the prism will react with Tenno player's armament and powers allowing them to use it to damage Stalker, but damaging it in the process

ry2Yzw.gif

-Moveset with 0 Oro

No Warframe techniques, grab, teleport, basic weapons, improved reflexed that allows it to sometimes avoid damage, neutral Dark prism, stalker can disarm any enemy with his bare hands, darkness wall of a 50 metter radio for closing escape routes and setting a battlefield for the darkness, its possible to enter, but impossible to get out excepting for the stalker, this wall breaks when he dies.

YSIkVR.jpg

-Added moveset with 1 Oro

All 1 Warframe techniques, improved stats, summons Pandora and start using all his weapons, improved reflexes with better chance, Dark prism can take the element of the attacking weapon to apply it to redirected attacks, smoke dash.

-Added moveset with 2 Oro

All 2 Warframe techniques, improved stats, more control over Pandora, this one starts having Eximus auras, improved reflexes, Dark prism will have a random element when created, faster smoke dash

-Added moveset with 3 Oro

All 3 Warframe techniques, improved stats, Pandora and Stalker will start doing combo, improved reflexes, Dark Prism can have “Darkness” element too, faster smoke dash, Stalker can create dark copies of himself to get help, this one will dissapear when taken at least 1 damage, but their attack power and habilities are the same as Stalker's, Stalker can create dark portals at will to use them to separate the players when these use it at will for movement or by being knocked into them.

MSZEWH.png

-Added moveset with 4 Oro

All 4 Warframe techniques, improved stats and reflexes, Stalker can create dark bindings to stop a player's movement, Stalker will create heavy gravity areas with a 5 metter radius that will leave any player in bleedout state (without timer) until it manages to get out of it or the gravity area disappears, dark prism will be able to explode now dealing AOE damage when health is depleted to any living being in its range, faster smoke dash, Stalker will create energy nets that will travel in a set direction with his weapons, deal high damage if not evaded by jumping, sliding or parkouring.

eVGRKQ.jpg

iKnFnB.jpg

Every Oro means more power, but it becomes another weakpoint in his armor when the Oro core appears on it once absorbed, every Oro allows a new form and powers until lvl 4, 5 cores or more only gives better stats.

-When Stalker gets one or more Oro, he will begin materializing dark forms from those Oro cores, in the form of darkness arms and legs that can stretch surpringly far for a wide and long sword slash, being able to use them with the dark portals to create nearly unpredictable attacks from any angle

Oro core in any arm: darkness fist, defensive arms or melee weapons proyections

Oro core in any leg: darkness kick, stomp, able to use them to run in walls or even in the ceiling upside down.

Oro core in chest: able to proyect a dark shield like infested Alad's for limited time

x3FeF8.png

-Disarmed Stalker/ Pandora is dead

You think that the Stalker losing his weapons by a smart Loki or the death of his personal armory Pandora might make him weak enought to melt him? Wrong

When Pandora die, it will take all Taboo weapons with him, leaving the Stalker only with hand to hand combat, making him reducing his weapon disarm and stoppping chance a lot, but it'll make sure that you still get to taste hell before you kill him

-Disarmed moveset:

Materialized limbs (depending on Oro cores), manic teleporting, manic invisibility, Bursa stomp waves, elemental overload (Allows to cover his fist and feet in a random elemental and physical aura that can cause procs with 20% chance), dark mini sentinel spawns (Not really damaging or resistant, but can be really hard to see in the darkness and can damage quite a lot after some minutes of concentrated fire by 3 or more dark sentinel)

Don't forget that these abilities are going along with Oro core upgrades abilities, making this part of the fight maybe one of the hardest.

Edited by Xolot

Okay, this seemed interesting but just went 2edgy4me. Taboo weapons? Darkness element? Those laughably cheesy lines?

Sorry, but I'd just be amused by this Stalker's attempts at being "cool and scary". Talk about a Narmy enemy.

I'll add some photos as soon as possible, unfortunatelly i'm really bad at drawing, so I'll use some photos taken from internet

IJayPwnsYou: Glad you liked it, hoping you like it even more when it's finished :)

Achaix: Too bad you didn't like these things, but hey, you can give me suggestions too, i developed all this in some minutes, so i'm expecting it to be really unpolished and will be nice if people told me how would they fix what they don't like.

About Taboo weapons, I was thinking about calling them sacrilegious weapons to signal them as stalker made instead of Stalker weapons like they are refered right now (The act of hunting and killing divine creatures like Tenno as Vor calls us, is sacrilegious, the weapons designed to do this are forbidden, a Taboo) and make them special, Vandal, Wraith, Dragon, Prime, Taboo, etc.

Darkness element idea came from a Stalker nikana another user made long ago, covered in his black smoke, but no element could fit that, so I made a new one, making Stalker even closer to a Warframe (elemental one at least)

About the lines, i can't say much, they have some references to other games, but overall, they must signal every combat change for it to stop being unfair, but i'm open for sugestion about any aspect, so feel free to suggest any change

This thread is going zetta slow :(

For starters, a scary enemy is unpredictable. Also, jumpscares. They may be old, but they're a reliable way to creep you the f*ck out. Imagine the Stalker appearing for a single moment before disappearing for the rest of the mission, only to reappear once you finish the objective. Fewer lines, too. Pyramid Head never said anything because he didn't need to. A sudden change in the atmospheric music would be good as well.

The idea of him getting stronger as he kills the squad is interesting, though.

Added a bit more of data about Oro positioning and it's effects in Stalker's body and disarmed mode.

Surprised no one asks what Pandora is exactly

About the fear feeling, that's really hard to get in a game like this, i made a little jumpscare with the Stalker darkening you in a grab in the same moment he appears and covering the world in darkness as soon as he appears, with almost no notice beforehand, the music change already happens, Stalker has his own theme and I'm keeping it.

I expect this Stalker to make people shiver, not because he is a survival horror monster, but because even when he is almost as easy as now when he appears, if you take dumb decisions or get too cocky thinking you can melt him down with one Oro core to be able to get his weapons, you might find yourself and your partners slaughtered by a specter in little time

• 4 weeks later...

I just want the feeling back from when he first appeared ever, the first time he ever appeared when he first got released I was playing then the lights started flickering I thought it was a glitch, it happended again I said this is wierd then the wispers started I got a little afraid. Then he appeared and I was like.....S#&$... then he KO'd me, words were exchanged, I frightendedly said F*** you and then he disapeared.