Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Woud Really Suggest To Buff Most Long Swords...

Scherhardt

For all of them have become very obsolete because of the power of the Dakra Prime.

Let us love our Dark Sword/Plasma/Jaw Sword again.

On a sidenote.

Update Iron Phoenix. It only has 2 movesets.

Edited by Scherhardt

Inb4 Dark/Plasma/Jaw Sword Prime

Those weapons including Fragor has been in the game since U8/U5. 

inb4 DE forgot about the old weapons.

Might as well remove them from the game if they aren't even being used. Like what they did to the snipetron.

In my opinion, the Longswords suffer from awkward stance combos that feel unnatural to use, especially the practically required Crimson Dervish, due to the innate damage boost.

The tripled damage from the Crimson Dervish is practically required, rendering that... other stance, underused. I propose that to rectify this, longswords should be buffed up in damage to more closely match Crimson Dervish, but the damage bonus from Crimson Dervish possibly be removed.

Of course, Longswords in general need to be more 'on par' with the Dakra Prime, it's no fun when a single weapon of a certain type utterly dominates and is the only one people use.

I also think that future stances, or even current stances, need to feel more natural. Let us move our feet while attacking DE! Crimson Dervish feels about as natural as running uphill on crutches with an anvil tied to our backs.

In my opinion, the Longswords suffer from awkward stance combos that feel unnatural to use, especially the practically required Crimson Dervish, due to the innate damage boost.

The tripled damage from the Crimson Dervish is practically required, rendering that... other stance, underused. I propose that to rectify this, longswords should be buffed up in damage to more closely match Crimson Dervish, but the damage bonus from Crimson Dervish possibly be removed.

Of course, Longswords in general need to be more 'on par' with the Dakra Prime, it's no fun when a single weapon of a certain type utterly dominates and is the only one people use.

I also think that future stances, or even current stances, need to feel more natural. Let us move our feet while attacking DE! Crimson Dervish feels about as natural as running uphill on crutches with an anvil tied to our backs.

Agreed.

The animations of stances have been a nuisance to me since its introduction in U13.

I don't see a single stance that feels natural and efficient as the default ones.

They are nowhere near as good as some old charge attacks of fast weapons in terms of fluidity and realism. Can't wait to have those back. 

That's actually why i use the Dragon Nikana rather than the technically more powerful Crimson Dervish + Dakra Prime combo, the Dragon Nikana animations and movements allow you more freedom of movement and feel more fluid. Longswords are ailing, and need our help. Or rather the healing touch of Digital Extremes.

That's actually why i use the Dragon Nikana rather than the technically more powerful Crimson Dervish + Dakra Prime combo, the Dragon Nikana animations and movements allow you more freedom of movement and feel more fluid. Longswords are ailing, and need our help. Or rather the healing touch of Digital Extremes.

Ever used Iron Phoenix? 

The animations of stances have been a nuisance to me since its introduction in U13.

I don't see a single stance that feels natural and efficient as the default ones.

It's not just that the animations are extravagantly overblown.

The entire system strips the player of any agency beyond making due with the S#&$ty strings the devs decided on for us.

Those two things combined is an absolute crime, as far as game design goes.

Iron Phoenix is good if you want more freedom in movement but like Brick said its damage is laughable.

Not to mention it only has 2 movesets while other stances have 3-5.

It's a different world in melee. Damage isn't everything. Utility is key. Iron phoenix can pop out it's utility in 1 second, as for crimson dervish, it takes 3 super slow swings. Big life and death difference. Sure the mob might die by then, but realistically, you have 5 others to deal with that aren't fun walking distance for the crimson dervish.

Jaw sword and Dark sword have their advantages in utility in which the dakra prime lacks.

Also, try out iron pheonix. The speed demon makes the difference and makes Crimson dervish the most boring stance in the game. Made me not want to go back to crimson dervish, even if the Dakra's natural polarity fits crimson dervish.

Iron Phoenix is good if you want more freedom in movement but like Brick said its damage is laughable.

Also iron phoenix eats stamina way too quickly T-T

only good things about it is attack speed and the fact you can sprint while swinging, but quick stamina consumption means it loses that sprinting advantage fast.

As if the number of movesets matters 99% of the time.

Most of the uncommon stances with minimal movesets are superior to the rare stances because the uncommon stances have boring yet practical movesets while the rare ones waste time with fancy flourishes.

As if the number of movesets matters 99% of the time.

Most of the uncommon stances with minimal movesets are superior to the rare stances because the uncommon stances have boring yet practical movesets while the rare ones waste time with fancy flourishes.

They do.

More movesets = more options to kill, fancy or not variety is important, sometimes more utility or more damage.

Some people don't want to do the same thing over and over. 

I do agree there alot of uncommon stances that are way better than rare ones though.